Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

First time visit to Pixar Pier - we liked it!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time visit to Pixar Pier - we liked it!

Finally had a chance to return to DCA yesterday, and checked out the new (for us) Pixar Pier.

We really liked it! It felt lively and fun, and was a definite improvement over the old Paradise Pier.

Liked the new shopping and snack places (didn't eat at any of them, yet, but they added color and I can imagine getting a Hot Dog or Turkey Leg there in the future.) Bing Bong's was cute, but he started to become a bit annoying after a while (wonder what it's like to be a CM there?) Loved the Lemon Flavored Dole Whip (assume that's what it was?) at the Adorable Snowman shop.

Went on the Inside Out ride...meh, but the theming was nice. Too chicken to ride of the Incredibles Coaster (no change, there), but made use of the new fast pass option for Midway Mania and that saved a lot of time (missed Mr. Potato Head's spiel, however.) Actually, used MaxPass and, yes, it really is super convenient. Disney should just let everyone use it instead of making it an upsell. Oh well...

Enjoyed the new theming at Lamplight Lounge downstairs area. Loved the airy openness of the outside seating, the view, the shade. Sadly, food and drinks even more overpriced than before, and the Lobster Nachos have "Jumped the Shark." Quality was just not what we remembered, and no longer justifies the price. The Potato Skins were also pretty pricey for what you get, but at least they were delicious and filling (so were the Nachos, but not in a good way.) They are our new go to there, at least until we find something better. Tuna and Crab roll was also good. Tried the mixed drinks off the menu, which was a mistake: sticking with Mickey's Fun Wheel next time.

The view from Lamplight Lounge

Lion King show was good, although sometimes the vocals were a bit hard to hear. I'm old, so it's probably just me. Some people were given mats to sick on by CMs: was that part of a dinning package?

Paradise Gardens a great place to chill, as always. Ordered drinks and snacks online from Bayside Brews, and that was a huge timesaver.

Mexican Band doing a sound check/Warming up on the Paradise Gardens Stage

All in all, had a nice day. Was planning to see World of Color, but someone found a 1 week old baby Woodrat and we had to go home and care for it. At least we can now try out our new ICU Brooder. Already fed the little guy (or girl, haven't checked yet) 3 times and he seems good so far: send him positive vibes!

Click image for larger version  Name:	oMLYyYBLcoSr_NcmN9-Wz77ysLYJmWh-jqE96KqO0GWv_Nm4Sb1ki3K-QGhIxLChLguhcnp-xz3DlhSFoYRaQ6i4CSBzHKpvUDVde8VZpj1beGsRHZy8t0KzoJFn3VUqhd0SxH6v2Wrg_bnB7PoiCzZxIHt3DK5oUJpf0kO-tCUsOuR1KkKchAtremBE3zTfz5MzcYlGmPSd_w-kpPswQP4N2Tqvt8B5F67ZSmve3KOmMx1m5NZzon5TVF6ogXD Views:	14 Size:	144.0 KB ID:	8595020

Click image for larger version  Name:	itKpdhzCUyLiT3lVj08oTAxzLxMlnOfmUXBHYGPZ3oSglMQCX8KVyOBru28RNzeAVKA4z5HShHBe_RksfDMr1ddHOVG6vYp7fmwdf_1D0F1cui-QOYj1lg4nCnnvWRcNyZGYdiaHup07qUyF6HYgBilrWSOTIl_QnlVktgfhaN5n7m-fCBbiVmwqRsAzxCeAfWCZiVugURMCHs1jobpmehx3vUJEZAzioVS1M42fW9O84fhq4rrtzwSunDevmPL Views:	15 Size:	122.6 KB ID:	8595021
    Click image for larger version  Name:	jpUl4hQELZh6V0h2QpZdPIICfhjarrINrJDNn6pVjOsfZm4mZJcBHLgmm39aA7yatzoVEXR8oO8-CUUoTx6XL-ciC463_NDUVVyEGmqRZJx-QIvLTFFxoUnAhIPNMRojzLAUzX_1bddcclG4Uo6W9oZPW_VdMtBvOqsuws8NOHiBmznvKmxCRVVT8_dZDSR_ockOw0AL9HH61JY4_zM8TTddDlfGEp88zwMtSHA7AdN-U90Lm4v0uU-tFPHb7QL Views:	15 Size:	134.3 KB ID:	8595022
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8p9sQKZ5YhMGwKoVCp8V_q8c9Pk4K6ENhEz0lwvNgFi1kMM27x87f43MA3kwlt_lXe4bOn7zVNqC7M-GEObddWtjndV0skL-NACzP4cWn3OHVOnhuchR1wuyhvYo3DPgQceZXcjApdynqzBtHCY0-2AuTbIMnQg8TDXKUDSy9MmUhDhIBfojIkT5kYIf7f1Y0LpjebmxpM_8QjudIVFI4CSgKJk-NWWOodZTSlacRPsS-4lXm50UTNaFJu4-FUt Views:	14 Size:	141.3 KB ID:	8595023
    Click image for larger version  Name:	z4Tdt2g501u9xJ-wiMN5EiEPDytDBXIytugV0PMm50E7p2tvilkT7cTD3Kafp8B6rvNsXlBY-TiABfQK88KWzfcQP7RBhryEDIHz6CeBBO_FsaTX-Mp0Ks0AywQgfg_ypptbTTPENWbFK_PKuV-G_fp3l6ByMFQn4BDjkxU-PpYhC3oKetBStbiSIOnzptDiDYzJR5Nn4sq_J0gavdZJdXI3WiaxNojY3UT_Wjkdq6fSnxK1HFHS6UydZe80bCD Views:	14 Size:	119.9 KB ID:	8595024
    Click image for larger version  Name:	MVIMG_20190713_213829.jpg Views:	15 Size:	95.2 KB ID:	8595019
    Last edited by whiteness; 07-14-2019, 07:51 AM.
    Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Going to DCA later this month, so will take your recommendations at the Lamplight Lounge! Also, I don't remember hearing a dining package involved with the Lion King; perhaps they request the first few rows to sit for more vantage points?

Comment

Originally posted by waltography View Post
      Going to DCA later this month, so will take your recommendations at the Lamplight Lounge! Also, I don't remember hearing a dining package involved with the Lion King; perhaps they request the first few rows to sit for more vantage points?
      CMs were actually handing out mats for padding to everyone sitting on the steps for the Lion King Show. Don't know if they collected them later, because I didn't pay attention. However, the CMs actually went around and asked everyone if they had a mat, so it kind of looked like some sort of entitlement, similar with what people viewing Fantasmic through a dining package might get.

Anyway, if you get there early enough to snag a spot at the front, you might get a nice mat to sit on...or they might shoo you away because you needed a special pass or something to sit there.
      Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

I also like Pixar Pier. There are a lot of rides there so there is more to do than just shopping and eating. If they added a couple more characters like Princess Atta, Carl Fredricksen, or Lotso, that would be even better.

Comment

Working...
        X