Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One More Smugglers Run Question

My previous question I was asking about single riders and found out that Smugglers does offer this. What I’d like to know now is if single riders are relegated to to less desirable jobs in the cockpit? From what I hear, the only job worth having is pilot. It would suck if a family of 5 waited 40 minutes and only one of them gets to be a pilot while the guy who waits five minutes gets a coveted pilot spot. On the other hand, why keep using the single rider if every time you end up being an engineer. They should have come up with better jobs.

I can say with 99.9% certainty you will be placed in the Engineer position each and every time you use the Single Rider option. Unless you can convince someone else on your team to switch roles with you.
    First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

Comment

I felt each time we have gone that single riders are brought in as fillers for groups that are smaller. However my wife and I went once and they paired us with a party of 4 and they assigned the both of us as pilots? When we first went during the reservation period they were not mixing groups very much and my family four had the cockpit to ourselves sans engineers twice. In the end I think their policy is probably to put the single riders as fillers in the engineer position because it's not really needed but depending on the CM's your mileage may vary.

Comment

I am the only one who likes Engineer position. I seriously love flipping the stupid little switches. And no I’m not talking about the one that sort of do something on the ride. I’m talking about the ones that literally do nothing. Nothing.

However, my quirks aside, the imagineers goofed by making Pilots the only real position of impact. One time, we didn’t have enough in our group and there were no single riders so we would have no engineers. I asked the CM if it was OK if I sat in Engineer and left a gunner open. She yes because it really didn’t matter. And I don’t think it did.

I did hear a group of 2 dismayed that they kept getting engineer because they often call for groups of 2 to fill out a ship and those positions are given last.

Comment

Another thing I learned after several rides is the gunners can simply select auto aiming and then just hold down the fire button in essence having a near perfect gunner score while simply enjoying the ride. I feel the break down is like this 80% is up to the pilots and 18% is up to the gunners ( but they can opt out by using the method above) and maybe 2% is up to the engineers because truthfully they are unneeded in the end. Also for those that get motion sickness a bad set of pilots can cause serious motion sickness were as good pilots make the ride enjoyable without the spins you get from a bad pilot.
          Last edited by Starcade; 08-16-2019, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I’ve done single rider 4 times and been engineer all 4 times. My daughter was a gunner one of those times(group of 3 then 2). There was one time when no one were coming down the runway, and we almost got to be pilots, but at the last second people started to come from the pre show.

Comment

Has anyone had any luck asking for pilot seats, or offering to wait for an opening? Also, have you found that you save much time doing single rider?
              Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
              Mark Twain

Comment

Sometimes you get a cast member who will wait until the group's assembled and will shuffle the cards before handing them out, I've had this happen on two separate times.

Comment

If I may throw an extra little bit in here that you didn't ask for.. assuming you will get the Engineer position (most likely scenario), there will be a segment of the attraction towards the end where you will be required to fire your harpoon to hook the second shipment of Coaxium. I didn't know this but apparently as the Engineer you can keep jamming the harpoon button even after you've hooked the line to activate waves of energy that allow you to reel the shipment in closer, making it easier for the Gunners. I would imagine this does not apply to the first shipment you snag since the way that one is obtained plays out differently for the sake of storyline and to ensure that you always get at least one.
                  First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post
                    If I may throw an extra little bit in here that you didn't ask for.. assuming you will get the Engineer position (most likely scenario), there will be a segment of the attraction towards the end where you will be required to fire your harpoon to hook the second shipment of Coaxium. I didn't know this but apparently as the Engineer you can keep jamming the harpoon button even after you've hooked the line to activate waves of energy that allow you to reel the shipment in closer, making it easier for the Gunners. I would imagine this does not apply to the first shipment you snag since the way that one is obtained plays out differently for the sake of storyline and to ensure that you always get at least one.
                    Thanks for the tip. We’ll try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post
                      HEY...........I rather be the Least One.....and rest the crew would not blame me....what Happens
                      beside that my
                      storyline anyway .........lol

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by sailor310 View Post
                        Has anyone had any luck asking for pilot seats, or offering to wait for an opening? Also, have you found that you save much time doing single rider?
                        The most I’ve waited is like 10 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by napamaninsocal View Post

The most I’ve waited is like 10 minutes
                          Thanks
                          Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                          X