Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Bye-bye French Fry Rocks!!!

According to this article, not only are they getting rid of the curb, (such as the west side of the hub) but they are also removing the FF rocks at the TL entrance!!!

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/08/1...ce=twitter.com
    Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Now if only they would put the Rocket Ships back up high where they belong.

Comment

Id never heard "French Fry" rocks till recently. We always called them "Space Rocks"

Comment

Good riddance! This should've been Project Starfart priority #1, not in the epilogue that is the now-realized failure of Galaxy's Edge.

Now, I'll miss the curb. Unlike DCA, it has purpose.

Comment

I'M so GLAD ! ! ! ! !
          They are so }UGLY{ .....I felt they so out place ,and in the way.......
          Good Riddance !
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

But I thought current management would spend a time on guest satisfaction.

Great news indeed!

Comment

I'll always remember the one New Year's Eve I worked as a line CM, my first year - crawling up to the top of the tallest rock and lowering down the kids that had climbed up and got stuck, serenaded by the countdown "3...2...1...Happy New Year!" and fireworks being my only illumination, surrounded by a sea of crazed crowds.

I vowed never to work a New Year's Eve at Disneyland again...and I never did.

Toss me the keys to the first bulldozer, I'll do it myself.

Comment

French Fry Rocks really have taken away ,what I hope for Future.........
                and they just took much space.......
                .and was just in the way.
                They have made that area of Main Street U.S.A. - to Ugly!
                Imo
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

https://68.media.tumblr.com/0ec2613c...hvsko1_500.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Theme_Park_Insider View Post
                    I'll always remember the one New Year's Eve I worked as a line CM, my first year - crawling up to the top of the tallest rock and lowering down the kids that had climbed up and got stuck, serenaded by the countdown "3...2...1...Happy New Year!" and fireworks being my only illumination, surrounded by a sea of crazed crowds.

I vowed never to work a New Year's Eve at Disneyland again...and I never did.

Toss me the keys to the first bulldozer, I'll do it myself.
                    What a way to bring in a new year, sorry that happened. Those congestive rocks should've been taken out a long time ago! I'll drive the 2nd bulldozer

Comment

Hallelujah!

Comment

Handel's Messiah Hallelujah chorus is playing in my head right now!

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
                          Good riddance! This should've been Project Starfart priority #1, not in the epilogue that is the now-realized failure of Galaxy's Edge.

Now, I'll miss the curb. Unlike DCA, it has purpose.
                          I'm just happy that despite the failure of GE they still decided to move forward with this part of Project Starfart!

Comment

When is it supposed to start? I got a sledge hammer when do we start? i'll believe this when I see it.

Comment

Awesome! I would love to see this area opened back up again but would also really like to see Disney move the Astro Orbiter/Jets back up where they used to be to free up even more space. D23 is just around the corner.. a man can dream.
                              First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

Comment

This will be be great for congestion in the area!

I am so hoping for a Tomorrowland renaissance in the near future. Maintaining and enhancing the lands that make Disneyland feel like the happiest place on earth...

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post

I'm just happy that despite the failure of GE they still decided to move forward with this part of Project Starfart!
                                  Amen! However, I'm not holding out high hopes for Tomorrowland next. Even if the concept art does wow us, look how much got slashed for GE, which you know is more anticipated -- or at least hyped -- than a new TL.

Comment

First the rocks... next the rocket jets! (I can only hope)

Comment

Does anyone from the budget cuts/panic mode/guest unfriendly/lack of artistic acumen/greedy business first school of Disneyland Management want to try to explain WHY Disneyland is spending money on removing these rocks while the sky is falling around them?

Comment

So odd it has taken them this long to do it. Maaaaaaybe this is a good segue into a TL redo but I won't have crazy thoughts until they announce a TL redo officially someday LOL
                                        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                        My company had a special night at the park
                                        WdW trip report with WWoHP
                                        NYE 2011 trip report
                                        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                                        Leap year 24 hour report
                                        New DCA trip report
                                        NYE 2012
                                        HKDL trip report

Comment

Working...
                                        X