X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Top 100 Places 2019 - Time Magazine

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...lwe-story.html

How could he rationally rate an incomplete land, in the first place? With no ROTR, and very few interactive features? Let guess where it rates .... end of the list at β€œ100th”? 😝
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge - is at bottom of my list
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Lol what's the criteria? Even if SWGE was completed as promised I think there's 100 other places I'd rather go to lol
        Last edited by biggsworth; 08-23-2019, 05:47 AM.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

This is very cool! Nice to hear that the rest of the world isn't as bitter as we are over the land.

Comment

Originally posted by denyuntilcaught View Post
            This is very cool! Nice to hear that the rest of the world isn't as bitter as we are over the land.
            I'm confused and perplexed how a website (supposedly) a fansite about Disney is overwhelmingly filled with people all negative, bitter and angry about Disney. This is good news to hear about SWGE, yet it upsets people here on micechat.

Comment

The bones of a Tom Staggs funded creation are incredible. Despite Chapek's endless cuts, what remains of SW:GE is really spectacular.

One can be glad that it was designed and lovingly created B.C. Otherwise I shudder to think what would have been built from a Chapek strangled WDI.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post

I'm confused and perplexed how a website (supposedly) a fansite about Disney is overwhelmingly filled with people all negative, bitter and angry about Disney. This is good news to hear about SWGE, yet it upsets people here on micechat.
                Right. The cynicism, at this point, is toxic. I completely agree with Golden Zephyr - the cuts are disappointing, but the result is still a marvel of Imagineering.

Ha! "Marvel." ha.

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                  Lol what's the criteria?
                  The criteria might be to have the name "Disney," which guarantees clicks on any mainstream media's site (Time "Magazine" these days is essentially Time.com). Add "Star Wars" and it's a slam-dunk.

Having Disney's hard-sell PR department pushing for it doesn't hurt, either.

It's no surprise, considering that Time's "Genius Companies of 2018" featured a gushing rave review of Disney and Bob Iger. (I assume the fact that Time publishes the disclaimer, "TIME may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website" has no connection with their choice of what company's product makes it on what list.)
                  Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 08-22-2019, 09:43 PM.
                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
                    Despite Chapek's endless cuts, what remains of SW:GE is really spectacular.
                    Despite Chapek's endless cuts, and high price for Admission
                    and one attraction ,that all ready have Issue.

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
                      I shudder to think what would have been built from a Chapek strangled WDI.
                      It will be called Avengers Campus. Or is it the Center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too?

Comment

With Disney leadership today.......there going be ,a lot
                        negative, bitter and angry about Disney
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

And again the partisan whine that one can't be a fan of Disney unless one is singing its praises.

"How can you say you love Disneyland when all you do is complain about it?"
                          - Typical Usenet reply to Al Lutz, 1990s
                          I think you're creating a straw argument. No one is saying that to be a fan one must only sing praises. But it is fair to ask why spend so much time and energy going to a website just to complain? Maybe you've addressed this in other posts, but I would love to see you list 5 things you like about the current state of affairs at Disneyland Including it's management.

Comment

Originally posted by denyuntilcaught View Post
                            Right. The cynicism, at this point, is toxic.
                            The only "toxic cynicism" is the self-aggrandizing corporate hype that Disney rams down the throats of the public ad nauseum.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                            - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post
                              I would love to see you list 5 things you like about the current state of affairs at Disneyland Including it's management.
                              Why do you need me to do that?

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                              - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Why do you need me to do that?
                                Why do you need a reason? Just prove that you can, and move on.

Comment

Seems like a branding puff piece and I don't think a single soul is going to visit SW:GE just because it's in a Time article. I half expected to see a "Sponsored" tag when I opened it on Time's website. That magazine is nowhere near as relevant as it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post

I think you're creating a straw argument. No one is saying that to be a fan one must only sing praises. But it is fair to ask why spend so much time and energy going to a website just to complain? Maybe you've addressed this in other posts, but I would love to see you list 5 things you like about the current state of affairs at Disneyland Including it's management.
                                    From Natalie Price:
                                    I'm confused and perplexed how a website
                                    (supposedly)
                                    a fansite about Disney is overwhelmingly filled with people all negative, bitter and angry about Disney. This is good news to hear about SWGE, yet it upsets people here on micechat.

Comment

What I sense from many here is a disappointment with Disney management. There is a profound love for the parks, their heritage and history by many on this and other boards. My take is that when people who deeply love something find that thing (in this case Disneyland) being treated poorly by someone who knows little to nothing about the parks (their history, heritage, creativity, etc) they become sad and upset at said treatment. In many ways, their frustration is the ULTIMATE expression of their love. They want BETTER for the parks, particularly Disneyland. They know what it can be, they know what it was and they want to see people run it who share that love, not some cynical marketing exec (e.g. Chapek) who abuses the place in a cynical round of product placement and advertising. Someone who would easily throw out 60+ years of history for one short lived marketing push.

Chapek, like Pressler before him did a lot of damage to the parks that took years to correct and restore. DCA for example hit its zenith for a few short years, before it has been systematically dismantled by Chapek. Watching that happens upsets people who care.

I personally like SW:GE from an attention to detail aesthetic. The possibilities were incredible. Disney had lovingly poured huge sums of money in the parks and what was showcased to fans before SW:GE was built was truly spectacular. Tom Staggs was directed to go in BIG and it seemed BIG is what they were going in with. I was excited for what it was going to be, but disappointed in all that it never became, mostly because of one man who was supposed to be its champion but sadly knows so little about the parks and have hurt them, Bob Chapek. Many who have heard him speak, interacted with him, etc (just watch the video of his IP speech) While he may be a totally ok person in general (i.e. outside the parks), he is hurting Disneyland (its history, legacy of excellence, etc), either out of ignorance or malice. I side on ignorance. But the fallout of his buffoonery is plain for all to see.

When people know greatness, they can see it, touch it, hear it, they become passionate about it. When that greatness is replaced with mediocrity and exploitation, they be frustrated, angry.. Yet, the reason they spend that time is because they LOVE the parks and what they mean, not slavish rote worship of the conglomerate called Disney.

Comment

PS -- There's no way GE already made a Top 100 list when it just opened and is still incomplete, and all its once-budgeted features not fully implemented. This is nothing but a paid advertisement or another way to brown-nose Disney. It takes time to get on lists, to separate the fads and one-hit wonders from the true classics. No doubt Disney had a hand in this fluff to make themselves look better. Reminds me of that award the GotG reskin got by that Theme Parks Awards committee... most of whom are in bed with Disney.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X