Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The D23 Positivity Thread

*Pauses for the groan I know is coming*

I am genuinely interested in hearing any positive comments from anyone regarding any of the D23 announcements. No negativity will be allowed.

What projects excite you most? Why?

Post here without fear of getting into a flame war for your opinion. I really want to know if there is anyone, and I mean anyone, who is genuinely excited about the projects Disney is working on.

I will start. I like the idea of a pavilion for Brazil. Sure, I don't know what will be in the pavilion, but it's nice Epcot is finally adding a new country.

The new Epcot branding looks like exactly what I want to see out of the park. It's a move away from hodgepodge towards a cohesive vision that is also nostalgic. I like the idea of the elevated platform (restaurant?) in Future World, and frankly I'm glad to see some version of MouseGear staying because I preferred that store over any other at WDW.

Oh, and Dateline Disneyland's coverage is wonderful.

Comment

Excited to see more info about the Water attraction (whatever that might entail) at EPCOT! The Heart's iconography seems to perfectly blend in with the other pavilion icons and is something I hadn't even considered. I haven't followed the news regarding it closely enough but if it's placed properly, it could act as a sort of perfect transition between the Future World pavilions and World Showcase, since Moana could be used to educate Guests both about the importance of the Water on our planet and a little bit about Islander culture. What remains to be seen for me is how much of what will be poured into the final product. It has the potential to be something really great or something really tacky. I certainly hope the former. As much as I wanted to hate Frozen in EPCOT, I actually enjoyed the attraction even though I will admit that it didn't do much to further my cultural understanding of Norway. Moana has a chance to kill two birds with one stone.. er.. coconut!

I am also excited for and love the ideas they've come up with for the Star Wars hotel, though I at least hope the end result is affordable for families.
      Last edited by Blurr; 08-23-2019, 11:56 AM. Reason: Added the Star Wars Hotel
      First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

Comment

The Star Wars hotel ship looks cool, and the model of Avengers Campus appears to show more shade being added to the GotG queue, unfortunately that's all I've got sorry.

Any other positive thing I saw has already been announced prior.

Comment

Uh.....I'm looking forward to "The Mandalorian"?

Best I could do.
          "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

It's interesting to see the attitudes on this board compared to others...

I love the EPCOT design. Although it has the inevitable IP integrations, I do think there is a considerable focus on what the essence of the park should be.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

I will start. I like the idea of a pavilion for Brazil. Sure, I don't know what will be in the pavilion, but it's nice Epcot is finally adding a new country.
              I with you on this one ......love seeing them adding other
              pavilion
              at EPCOT.....and
              Brazil is a good one........
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Can we talk about them Epcot posters? Does anyone know if they're selling them at D23?

They're GORGEOUS.

Comment

A few more bits I forgot to mention, I LOVE the Tron Lightcycle Cast Member uniforms and would have been stoked to wear one if I still worked there.

Also.. Obi Wan Kenobi Disney+ series with Ewan McGregor confirmed and the new season of Clone Wars coming in Feb. 2020 (also every SW movie/TV show)! Disney showing us Prequel Era fans some love! Just wish I didn't have to wait so long to watch Ahsoka Vs. Maul.

The Mandalorian looks like fun, too.
                  Last edited by Blurr; 08-23-2019, 06:18 PM.
                  First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

Comment

Avengers Campus no matter what you think of it is 1000 times better then A Bugs Land. So I think that’s good.

Comment

Really looking forward to a prequel era Obi Wan TV show. Looking forward to the Mandalorian after seeing that trailer, (Also the Clone Wars return but that was already officially announced.) Can’t wait to see the costume exhibit tomorrow. So glad there is a TRON costume in there. I would like to see the Disney panel in person but I’m not in line already so I think my chances are slim.

Comment

Disney+ is knocking it out of the park!
                        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                        My company had a special night at the park
                        WdW trip report with WWoHP
                        NYE 2011 trip report
                        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                        Leap year 24 hour report
                        New DCA trip report
                        NYE 2012
                        HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by order 1966 View Post
                          Really looking forward to a prequel era Obi Wan TV show. Looking forward to the Mandalorian after seeing that trailer, (Also the Clone Wars return but that was already officially announced.) Can’t wait to see the costume exhibit tomorrow. So glad there is a TRON costume in there. I would like to see the Disney panel in person but I’m not in line already so I think my chances are slim.
                          As long as these Star Wars shows are in the mix, I'm going to subscribe. It's as simple as that.

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                          Disney+ is knocking it out of the park!
                          Truly! I just hope they have much of the old catalog of classic films and shorts!

Comment

Hype and 'secret project' notwithstanding, I think the One Day series will be pretty cool to see.
                            my bf has shot for the new upcoming prop show, and says fans are really really really going to like it a lot.

Comment

We went to D23 yesterday and at 7am there was no line at security. We arrived with no reservations and we still got into the Disney panel without waiting all night. This is impossible at comic con. Lots of famous actors and movie previews including 9 actors from the new Star Wars movie. We then saw the exhibit on future theme parks projects which was very well done. We caught the disco parade on our way to the costume exhibit which was even better than I expected. We then ended the day with the Aladdin panel which was surprisingly good and had plenty of empty seats. They had the voice actors for Aladdin and Jasmine on stage, the Aladdin singing actor (who sang one of the songs,) the Broadway Aladdin sang a song, Jasmine from the Ca Adv show sang her song (someone also sang the new Jasmine song from the live action movie,) the Jasmine from the credits came to sing a whole new world, the Aladdin from the live action movie made a surprise appearance, and the choreographers from the movie did a dance routine. We also saw amazing old footage of the voice actors performing for the original movie, Overall it was a spectacular day.

Comment

The things I really liked were the Epcot announcements...all of them and the artwork for Disneyland’s Runaway Railway entrance. El Capitoon. LOL..I love it! Perfect since the other one is in the Chinese Theatre and they are across from each other in real life.

Comment

Disney+! Avengers Campus! I am always positive though!

Comment

I'm anxious to hear more about the Mary Poppins additions at Epcot and....the trailer for Lady and the Tramp. OMG...those dogs!

Comment

As veteran of Comic Con I really liked the reservation system (probably because I got all the reservations I wanted)
                                      I went from being "meh" about Disney+ to sign me up NOW. The original programing sounds amazing.
                                      I haven't been to WDW in years, but the upcoming changes of Epcot and the 2-day Star Wars immersion experience make me want to go.
                                      Closer to home, exited about the new DL parade, and the music sounded great.
                                      A Micky and Minnie ride has been LONG overdue, so that sounds like it's going to be fun, especially for the kids...like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post
                                        I'm anxious to hear more about the Mary Poppins additions at Epcot
                                        It does sound Interesting..........U.K. at World Showcase ,presently does not have a attraction.
                                        This can be good

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Working...
                                        X