Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The D23 Negativity Thread

I realize there are other threads that discuss some of the latest announcements from D23, but let's just use this thread to express our opinions on things we don't like. Please do not use this thread to debate other people's opinions. This thread's only purpose is to vent about things you don't like about D23.

I will start.

Avenger's Campus. Really? Maybe it will all make sense, but right now that name is just lame. It does not generate any excitement.

Avengers Campus yuck!!!!!! so far that's all i got!
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
      Avenger's Campus. Really? Maybe it will all make sense, but right now that name is just lame. It does not generate any excitement.
      Avengers Campus sounds like something I would like to actively avoid. I went to college and am now in graduate school. Why would I want to go back to school? The name notwithstanding, I'm underwhelmed by the offerings put forth in the concept art (both concrete and unannounced).

Comment

Disney is getting very good in creating environments that I want to avoid completely. It may be quite some time before I decide to spend my hard-earned money in a place so devoid of soul and charm.

Comment

The "secret project" was a nothingburger.
          I like the idea of a water-themed ride for Epcot, but why does Moana need to be involved. Epcot should be anti-character. LwtL is an excellent ride without characters!

Comment

I am not that impressed with EPCOt and it does need some new life but what the heck do Moana and Guardians have to do with the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow at all?
            Don't get me wrong, I love Guardians and Moana but they have nothing at all to do with the concept of EPCOT.

Comment

Originally posted by mikidymac View Post
              Don't get me wrong, I love Guardians and Moana but they have nothing at all to do with the concept of EPCOT.
              In all honesty, nothing in EPCOT (aside from its name) really has anything to do with an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.

Comment

So am I expected to believe that the Collector is holding the Guardians of the Galaxy hostage against their will right next door to an Avengers Campus/HQ frequented by (according to concept art) the likes of Captain America, Black Widow, Spider-Man, Pym and Co, Iron Man, etc? Why does Rocket need the help of random day Guests to break them out with so many A-listers nearby? Why would the heroes next door allow their allies to remain captured at all? Why would the Collector, knowing full well he has the Guardians of the Galaxy held against their will, decide to set up shop/decide to flaunt them literally right next door to a building with a Quinjet and a giant Avengers logo on it? Why a lot of things! But most importantly to me, why did I have to lose the Tower of Terror for this? -and how is it all connected to a greater image/concept of the California Adventure?

/rant!
                First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

Comment

Disney doesn't care about concept, philosophy, or how anything ties together coherently. All they care about is sticking the thing wherever it makes a small shred of sense (and sometimes they mess that up) and raking in the dough.

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post
                    So am I expected to believe that the Collector is holding the Guardians of the Galaxy hostage against their will right next door to an Avengers Campus/HQ frequented by (according to concept art) the likes of Captain America, Black Widow, Spider-Man, Pym and Co, Iron Man, etc? Why does Rocket need the help of random day Guests to break them out with so many A-listers nearby? Why would the heroes next door allow their allies to remain captured at all? Why would the Collector, knowing full well he has the Guardians of the Galaxy held against their will, decide to set up shop/decide to flaunt them literally right next door to a building with a Quinjet and a giant Avengers logo on it? Why a lot of things! But most importantly to me, why did I have to lose the Tower of Terror for this? -and how is it all connected to a greater image/concept of the California Adventure?

/rant!
                    Galaxy's Edge: Story is everything we do, so much so that the rides are second in importance to you buying $200 lightsabers and $100 droids.

Avenger's Campus: I Spy, Avengers version, except the rides are shoehorned into previous attractions. Look, beer!

Bob Chapek: Literally all of our competitors would do the same.

Guests: How do we keep losing?

TDA when attendance drops:
                    Last edited by WaltDisney'sAlec; 08-23-2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty sad. First they trash their D23 credibility with their Star Wars Land cutbacks, now they want to launch a land to promote a humongously popular movie franchise... and the best they can come up with is "Avengers Campus."

Here comes that word again...

Tepid.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

Comment

/rant!
                        Ride wise GOTG:MB is MUCH better than TOT (, maybe not on theme, but that is because I loved both) TOT was pretty boring, but MB basically never stops moving, and I love that. Plus with MB you get the monsters after dark version!

Comment

Is there gonna be a quad?? We can have our protests there!

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
                            Is there gonna be a quad?? We can have our protests there!
                            You mean we can streak it?

Comment

Avengers Campus... the reason I choose to homeschool.

Comment

Trophy to the first person to stand on a table in Avengers Cramp Us wearing a toga and yelling food fight!!!!

I too concur with what others have said, making it a training facility is a lil weird considering there has never been much mention of this happening in the Marvel Universe that I can remember. Having Professor Xaviers School would have been cooler imho they could have had an attraction where young kids could have their own super powers discovered and they could customize their own super hero costume etc. I am not sure why they did not call it Avengers Headquarters (though MB would still be very out of place) or Avengers Assemble or World of Heroes or something even better as those are just off the top of my head. Kind of Bummed to hear they used Ant man for a themed dining area would really have looked forward to an Ant Man ride.

Also they make it sound like they are dozing most of EPCOT to make another IP-Land which is kind of bummer that the anti-Walt washing continues.

I didn't see much in the way of Pandora considering the next couple of Avatar movies are coming soon and since Disney now owns Fox's rights to it this seems odd?

And last but definitely not least Where TF is the info about Tomorrowlands refurb? That was probably the thing I was most looking forward too.

Still a couple more days to go so I am holding out hope more exciting things get unveiled.
                                Last edited by Starcade; 08-23-2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluemeane View Post

Ride wise GOTG:MB is MUCH better than TOT (, maybe not on theme, but that is because I loved both) TOT was pretty boring, but MB basically never stops moving, and I love that. Plus with MB you get the monsters after dark version!
                                  Agree to disagree! I'm happy you enjoy the new version and hope you continue to. It just doesn't hold a spooky, cobweb ridden candle to what was there before, to me.
                                  First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

Comment

Reading the details on what was going to be featured at Avenger Campus was simply reading what was going to be cut by Cheapek beforehand.
                                    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Agree to disagree! I'm happy you enjoy the new version and hope you continue to. It just doesn't hold a spooky, cobweb ridden candle to what was there before, to me.
                                      I did like the feel of the place before, and the theme maybe a little bit more, but the ride portion (The part I really enjoy) was boring `compared to the new ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
                                        Reading the details on what was going to be featured at Avenger Campus was simply reading what was going to be cut by Cheapek beforehand.
                                        So funny, it's sad but true, early announcements are like a teaser of what could be, but deep down you know never will so long as Chapek and his efficiency experts are on the job! Just like with SW:GE.

"Can we cut it?" "Can we trim it?" "Will the guests notice?" "Will they even care?" - Team Chapek

Comment

Working...
                                        X