Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Yep. Disney is well on its way to becoming another Comcast, Time Warner, or Viacom -- a generic media mega-corporation that owns so many contrasting and conflicting brands that it has no distinctive identity.

Greedy Entertainment company of WALL STREET..........
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Oops...sorry...only negativity here
      Last edited by Figment56; 08-24-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Figment56 View Post
        Well, to offer a dissenting opinion, the Walt Disney Studios sneak peak panel this morning at D23 was a great show. All of the now "Disney" Studios, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar, Walt Disney Studios, and Walt Disney Animation Studios have what appear to be highly entertaining films coming out in the next few years. Even Disney's "The Jungle Cruise" with Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt looks like a really fun film. The animation in Raya and the last Dragon is amazing. "Onward" and "Soul" from Pixar look like hits. Even "Frozen 2" seemed to be entertaining with great new songs and an unexpected storyline. A lot of very creative people are working their collective a____s off on these and many more projects and I think they deserve some credit for their hard work. I came away inspired...
        Wrong thread.

As the OP stated...

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
        I realize there are other threads that discuss some of the latest announcements from D23, but let's just use this thread to express our opinions on things we don't like. Please do not use this thread to debate other people's opinions. This thread's only purpose is to vent about things you don't like about D23.
        You want the D23 Positivity Thread.
        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

So I just got out of Bob Chapek's presentation at D23. I have one question. How can such an uninspiring man be in charge of the Disney Parks? It was truly 2 hours of my life that I will never get back. He constantly talked about "Disney DNA". But I really don't think he even has one Disney DNA strand in his entire body. After seeing the Studios presentation yesterday, they should be put in charge of the parks too. What a disappointment today...Oh, and by the way phase 2 of Marvel land appears to be another simulator ride...ugh. And our exciting parting gift was a $10 Target gift card because they will now be hosting mini- Disney stores with "quality" Disney merchandise. So "Magical". I know for me, nothing is closer to Disney than walking into a Target store. Bob. Does. Not. Get. It.
          Last edited by Figment56; 08-25-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

So I just got out of Bob Chapek's presentation at D23. I have one question. How can such an uninspiring man be in charge of the Disney Parks?
            Bingo. The same question was asked about Paul Pressler, Jay Rasulo, and the rest of the executives who have been in charge of Disneyland and Disney Parks for the last quarter century.

Same answer: they were hand-picked by Disney's CEOs, Michael Eisner, and then his protege and successor, Bob Iger.

In this corporate bureaucracy, the fish stinks from the head.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

I know for me, nothing is closer to Disney than walking into a Target store. Bob. Does. Not. Get. It.
              were else one can go........
              CVS Pharmacy then to the Disney store at same TARGET just get a fan amazing

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I can't believe that with all the changes/updates being made to EPCOT that they're still not doing anything about Imagination. In the span of time since this current version first opened Spaceship Earth will have been updated twice (after the new update is finished that is). Not that I want Figment to go away but that ride needed an update more than anything at that park. Then again, any update with Chapek at the helm will have booted Figment out. So I'm confused as to what to root for.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Bob Iger
                  In this corporate bureaucracy, the fish stinks from the head.
                  Your right..........except it does makes the over all fish
                  stinks as well.
                  )))
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I saw the presentation and Bob Chapek gushing over the Target CEO like a school girl meeting a Jonas Brother was just terrible. I get Bob has retail in his blood and over priced plastic is clearly his passion, but the way he covered the resorts presentation just felt like a slap in the face to true Disney fans.

Hoping the day comes soon that Bob pulls a Pressler and gets a CEO job at a retailer and frees the Parks division of his leadership.

I half expected him to say at the end of the presentation “We know the Epcot expansion is very exciting, but you haven’t seen nothing yet. We saved our biggest announcement, our Steve Jobs “One more thing...” for last and with that it gives me great pleasure to invite out our special guest star, the CEO of Walmart...”.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                      I can't believe that with all the changes/updates being made to EPCOT that they're still not doing anything about Imagination. In the span of time since this current version first opened Spaceship Earth will have been updated twice (after the new update is finished that is). Not that I want Figment to go away but that ride needed an update more than anything at that park. Then again, any update with Chapek at the helm will have booted Figment out. So I'm confused as to what to root for.
                      BRANDS and ADVERTISMENT..........
                      Chapek is turning the parks into a Billboard......
                      Even EPCOT..........
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

So many resellers buying stuff up and scalping it on eBay.....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	mhprks87kpi31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=24b01a58097699f2cf7029e303347bdd50c5cb6b.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	8600410

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post

Name:	mhprks87kpi31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=24b01a58097699f2cf7029e303347bdd50c5cb6b.jpg
                            L O L....Guest who wants that Disney
                            "Imagination" ...just go to your local ,Target Store......
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	mhprks87kpi31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=24b01a58097699f2cf7029e303347bdd50c5cb6b.jpg Views:	8 Size:	77.5 KB ID:	8600410

And here's what it will look like inside, jam-packed with Disney magic and imagination!

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=8600247&d=1566781791.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.1 KB ID:	8600414

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                              - Bob Chapek

Comment

Haha!

Don't give them any ideas lol.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X