This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me!

I live in NY and going to college but im comign home (San Diego) for christmas and im planning on going to disneyland between the 23rd and 31st of december. I am asking you guys to help me out and let me know which, out of those days, would be the best time to go with the least crowds. This will be my last disneyland trip until next august!

Re: Help me!

Originally posted by Timmy13T View Post
    I live in NY and going to college but im comign home (San Diego) for christmas and im planning on going to disneyland between the 23rd and 31st of december. I am asking you guys to help me out and let me know which, out of those days, would be the best time to go with the least crowds. This will be my last disneyland trip until next august!
    Okay....I hate to break this to you, but....I think there's a reason that even the DELUXE APs are blocked out on those dates. My main advice to you is to pick the best date for YOU and then get there at least 1/2 hr before the park opens. Fast pass the heck out of all of your favorite rides early in the day, probably starting with Space Mountain or Indy as fastpasses for both of those will probably disappear mid-day. Keep in mind that if you are using a parkhopper that DCA is on a different fastpass system and you can snag a DL fast pass immediately before moving to DCA. Get your hand stamped as there is a high likelyhood that they could stop admitting guests on any of those days. I would say that ALL of those dates will be super crowded, but not so much between 8 and 11 am. I've gone peak seaon in the Summer before with my kids and we hit most of our favorite rides in DL before 11 am and then headed off for an early lunch.

Which brings up food. Eat EARLY. Like...11 am and 4 pm for dinner. Otherwise expect loooooong lines for food at normal meal times.

Good luck, and have fun! But get there EARLY. And eat EARLY.

Did I mention EARLY?

Comment

LDF is right. All the schools will be out for winter (Christmas) break so its gonna be busy. I would however avoid the 31st for certain, since many people spend New Years Eve in the resort. Otherwise, just go when you want, early like LDF said, and be aware that its going to be crowded esp. as the day goes on.

But the important part is.... you'll be at Disneyland!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
        LDF is right. All the schools will be out for winter (Christmas) break so its gonna be busy. I would however avoid the 31st for certain, since many people spend New Years Eve in the resort. Otherwise, just go when you want, early like LDF said, and be aware that its going to be crowded esp. as the day goes on.

But the important part is.... you'll be at Disneyland!!!
        Go whenever...it is going to be crowded the entire week...
        Linda (former DRC Cast Member)
        Mice Chat Travel Planner
        [email protected]
        www.magicalvacationworldtravel.com

Comment

good question: when do local schools get out?
          Originally posted by Grumpee
          I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

The last day of school before winter break at the school I work at is Dec. 22nd, and we go back Jan. 8th I think it is.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Most SO CAL schools will get out the day before X-MAS eve..so it's usually the 23rd...Different schools have different vacations but thats generally the release time...

Comment

Those kind of days, the days you're visiting on, are the ones that make people hate Disneyland. They are the days that give the general public the impression that Disneyland is an overcrowded and overpriced wasteland of inhumanity. These are days that are worse than the worst days of Summer.

A lot of those people got Disneyland tickets as a gift, or an AP as a gift, or just plain want to go as a family during Christmas and New Year's. I, however, would not subject my worst enemy to a day at Disneyland during the weeks of Christmas and New Year's.

Anyway, good luck.

Comment

Tough to gauge when schools are out in SoCal> There is no set schedule and it seems half the schools are year round. The year round schools have different "tracks" that have different vacations.

It seems the only thing consistant is all kids get at least the week before Christmas up to New Years. Anything after the second week of December will be ultra crowded, even on weekdays.

Crowded Disneyland is better than Home alone though!

Comment

I have to disagree, since I live in Nor Cal now, the ONLY time we have vacation time to go to Disneyland is during those times... We have gone before Christmas, and after and last year actually ON Christmas Day and it was a great day to go. Christmas day can be hit or miss, some folks avoid it because they think it's going to be crowded, and if enough people decide to do that on a given year, then you have a surprisingly light Holiday day.

My point...yeah it's MOST probably going to be crowded, but it's filled with folks in a holiday spirit at a time when the park is it's prettiest. Have a great visit...and if you're there the 26th, 27th, and 28th...we'll see ya there

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
                      I have to disagree, since I live in Nor Cal now, the ONLY time we have vacation time to go to Disneyland is during those times... We have gone before Christmas, and after and last year actually ON Christmas Day and it was a great day to go. Christmas day can be hit or miss, some folks avoid it because they think it's going to be crowded, and if enough people decide to do that on a given year, then you have a surprisingly light Holiday day.

My point...yeah it's MOST probably going to be crowded, but it's filled with folks in a holiday spirit at a time when the park is it's prettiest. Have a great visit...and if you're there the 26th, 27th, and 28th...we'll see ya there

True, if it's your only vacation time then go for it! Darn kids, always dictating our vacations!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X