Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland top instagram location 2015-2018

I wonder how Disneyland will rank for 2019. I’m not sure if DL was number one for 2018 but I believe it was.
    2018- Disneyland?
    2017- Disneyland
    2016- Disneyland
    2015- Disneyland

This is one of the many reasons the park is less enjoyable these days.

Comment

I just dont get it either. I suppose if you are taking a picture of your friends or family at disneyland then I get it. But its the people that stand around taking pictures of the scenery. Maybe I am a fuddy duddy but more then likely, whatever you are taking a picture of, already has 100s of pictures online that are much better then whatever you are taking. Just google and copy and save to add to the collection.

Comment

It seems that Instagramers have moved on. It’s appears the big trend is to take pics in more remote locations. It’s very possible people are bored of seeing Disneyland pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Droughns View Post
          I just dont get it either. I suppose if you are taking a picture of your friends or family at disneyland then I get it. But its the people that stand around taking pictures of the scenery. Maybe I am a fuddy duddy but more then likely, whatever you are taking a picture of, already has 100s of pictures online that are much better then whatever you are taking. Just google and copy and save to add to the collection.
          Depends.
          Some people like to capture the little details not many others see. Sure, you could probably find a photo of it online, but if your plan is to keep it, it's not yours to take credit for. And it's easier to find photos of the castle in general than little details on it. Why waste time searching when you can just snap a photo? Disneyland is a photographer's dream.

The difference between photography and Instagram is the intent. Photography and home movies are for your own personal enjoyment and collection, and perhaps show to your closest circle. The point of Instagram is to show off. It's pure ego.

Comment

I remember when it wasn’t cool/hip/ whatever to be into Disneyland (before the 50th mostly). I personally wouldn’t see some reversion as a purely bad thing.

Comment

I too have a pet peeve about the "Insta monkeys" clogging walkways to take 50 shots of the same image with their friends to get the perfect shot all the while blocking a walkway for 20 minutes at a time. We as a family are always courteous to people wanting to get their photo even if it is a selfie unless it's these monkeys which stand out with their quauffing and prepping and you can see one friend doing their hair while the other 2 are getting ready etc. when we come across these folks we walk right on through as they would have you stand there for 30 minutes because their shot they feel is truly more important then the rest of the guests in the park being able to enjoy their day.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                I too have a pet peeve about the "Insta monkeys" clogging walkways to take 50 shots of the same image with their friends to get the perfect shot all the while blocking a walkway for 20 minutes at a time. We as a family are always courteous to people wanting to get their photo even if it is a selfie unless it's these monkeys which stand out with their quauffing and prepping and you can see one friend doing their hair while the other 2 are getting ready etc. when we come across these folks we walk right on through as they would have you stand there for 30 minutes because their shot they feel is truly more important then the rest of the guests in the park being able to enjoy their day.
                Sorry
                I agree.....it to old to go all day......waiting for others ,to have prefect picture.....
                I keep on walking ............
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

2019 will most likely be looked back as Peak Disney. The second golden age (based on movie success) before Iger took on more than he could handle. Disney is Igers baby now and when ever he departs Disney will slide into a another dark decade like 1973-1983. Until a new CEO can remimagine Disney again which will take much longer than anyone can imagine including imagineers. Most likely a few short loved CEOs before the right one can steer the ship correctly again.

Comment

I'd say Disney is in a dark age now.

Comment

Epcot refurbishment sure looks like it will be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by iAMiRONMAN View Post
                        Epcot refurbishment sure looks like it will be nice.
                        The sad reality is that Disney's D23 announcements and eye-candy concept art can't be trusted any more. Star Wars Land has proved that they're capable of cutting the budget on anything that they previously promised the fans.
                        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post

Depends.
                          Some people like to capture the little details not many others see. Sure, you could probably find a photo of it online, but if your plan is to keep it, it's not yours to take credit for. And it's easier to find photos of the castle in general than little details on it. Why waste time searching when you can just snap a photo? Disneyland is a photographer's dream.

The difference between photography and Instagram is the intent. Photography and home movies are for your own personal enjoyment and collection, and perhaps show to your closest circle. The point of Instagram is to show off. It's pure ego.
                          Quoting for accuracy. A photo of something in the resort you take yourself has so much more meaning when you return home, even if it is of something that there are already a million photos of online because this one is yours. Like a merit badge, while many of them were made, this one was earned by you. Disney parks are full of little details all sorts of people will appreciate, so whether it's the 10 millionth picture of the Castle or the thousandth taken that day of a purple wall, if it is what you enjoy or you think it is photo-worthy, then snap away!

When it comes to Instagram, I agree on the whole with you, though of course there are always exceptions. The issue I have is with many folks who try and make a living off of snapping photos of Dole Whip, for example. The majority of them that I have seen come off arrogant and like you have said, egotistical. Though, like Facebook, I'm sure there are lots of folks who post there to share photos of trips with friends and family, which I think is totally fine. -and a handful of bigger fan/news sites are able to take those photos/videos and create something trans-formative that serves to actually help the Disney/vacation planning community, which I feel is a proper way to use those kinds of mediums available to us.

When it comes to showing off, there definitely is a time and place and I feel Instagram is fine to do that too, if you've earned it. My wife creates costumes (which she pours blood, sweat and tears into) for cosplay in her spare time and when she completes one, she will (deservedly) show off her work on Instagram to her handful of followers. Why wouldn't she? She put in the work after all, show it off! But there is definitely a huge difference between an artist or someone creating something and showing it off proper vs. someone who goes into Disneyland and takes photos of something anyone can and expecting to make a living off of it. While the latter doesn't bother me as much as I'm sure it does others (more power to you if you have enough personality to gain a following doing that), it just doesn't seem like a reliable, long term thing. To me, anyways.
                          Last edited by Blurr; 09-11-2019, 09:20 AM. Reason: Grammar
                          "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

or maybe just let people enjoy the parks in their own way?? is that the most difficult thing for people to understand. I don’t have a high ego myself, but I enjoy having family photos, scenery photos and heck, even photos of myself at the parks. I enjoy taking photos in the parks, and I can guarantee 18 year old girls taking photos in front of the Tiki room hasn’t ruined anyone’s trip. Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Droughns View Post
                              Ahem.... I love my detail shots, and I guarantee most of the mindless drones doing Insta-whatever aren't taking pics of what I'm taking pics of.
                              Matt's 40th Birthday Disneyland Trip. Club 33, Napa Rose, and Adventureland Suite!!! ~~|~~ Katherine's 11th Birthday Dapper Day trip with Club 33 ~~|~~ Matt's Review of the Art of the Craft Tour at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~~|~~ My Spring, 2017 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Fall, 2016 Dapper Day and Club33 Trip Report ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Walt's LA tour with Bob Gurr and Marty Skylar ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Family Firsts Trip Report ~~|~~ Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report ~~|~~ World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party ~~|~~ My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club ~~|~~ My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2011 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

Speaking of Disneyland... Yes, it's a very popular place and so on, but more and more people are just changing their location to mention that they “were” there. There are usually a lot of people at Disneyland, which makes it a less pleasant place. It will be interesting for me to go there. My ACC, for example, talks about some interesting places, I do not say that I have been there, I never deceive my followers about it. Did you know that Disneyland has its own instagram? They have so many followers.Think that they buy real instagram likes. And for me, this is normal, because it is a very useful thing and very fast way. Try to use it and you)
                                Last edited by GokuuSSS; 04-20-2020, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Lopez View Post
                                  or maybe just let people enjoy the parks in their own way??...
                                  Unless that enjoyment creates a bad experience for everybody else. Blocking (already crowded) walkways, sfie sticks, unnecessarily large strollers, etc.
                                  "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

Originally posted by Crazybirdman View Post

Unless that enjoyment creates a bad experience for everybody else. Blocking (already crowded) walkways, sfie sticks, unnecessarily large strollers, etc.
                                    Strollers have zero correlation to people taking photos- and selfie sticks were a problem that was dealt with years ago. And you can’t say any group of people (very young children, the elderly, young people) cause any more trouble than the others.. I’ve been in the parks enough to experience that

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Lopez View Post

Strollers have zero correlation to people taking photos.
                                      Yeah I know strollers don't have anything to do with people taking pictures, I was giving examples of things that other people find enjoyable to do in the park, that might ruin the magic for someone else.
                                      I also don't see where I said that one group of people is more problematic than another? Please don't put words in my mouth.
                                      "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

I so much like this place. So sadly that Covid-19 prevented me from going there again

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X