This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Amusement Today's Golden Ticket Award Winners 2019

Last edited by Natalie Price; 09-11-2019, 08:39 PM.

Sad. On the "Golden Ticket Award Winners" list, Smuggler's Run is near the bottom.

The 2019 Golden Ticket Awards recipients
    • Best Amusement Park: Europa-Park, Rust, Germany
    • Best Water Park: Schlitterbahn Waterpark Resort, New Braunfels, Texas
    • Best Family Park of 2019: Dutch Wonderland, Lancaster, Pa.
    • Best Wildlife/Marine Life Park: SeaWorld Orlando, Orlando, Fla.
    • Best Water Park Ride: Wildebeest at Splashin’ Safari, Santa Claus, Ind.
    • Best Wooden Coaster: Phoenix at Knoebels Amusement Resort, Elysburg, Pa.
    • Best Steel Coaster: Fury 325, Carowinds, Charlotte, N.C.
    • Best Kids’ Area: Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
    • Best Guest Experience: Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
    • Breakout Family Entertainment Center of 2019: C.J. Barrymore’s, Clinton, Mich.
    • BestHalloween Event of 2018; Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando, Orlando, Fla.
    • Most Beautiful Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Williamsburg, Va.
    • Best Christmas Event of 2018: Smoky Mountain Christmas at Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
    • Best Food of 2019: Knoebels Amusement Resort, Elysburg, Pa.
    • Best New Show of 2019: Reuben’s Swashbuckling Adventure at Silver Dollar City, Branson, Mo.
    • Best Water Ride: Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, Lancashire, England
    • Best Dark Ride: Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure at Shanghai Disneyland, China
    • Best New Attraction Installation of 2019: Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Orlando, Fla.
    • Best New Roller Coaster of 2019: The Steel Curtain at Kennywood, West Mifflin, Pa.
    • Best New Family Attraction of 2019: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run at Disneyland, Anaheim, Calif.
    • Best New Water Park Ride of 2019: Cutback Water Coaster at Water Country USA, Williamsburg, Va.
    • Best Innovation of 2019: Canada’s Wonderland, Vaughan, Ontario

The credibility of Time Magazine's placement of Star Wars Land on its list of the "100 Best Places in the World to Visit" has already been thoroughly debunked in another thread.
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Dollywood hit a home run.

Comment

Originally posted by F ticket View Post
        Dollywood hit a home run.
        I love the
        Smoky Mountain

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

When Hagrid's Motorcycle rollercoaster beats Smuggler's Run for best new attraction of 2019, . . . [you can fill in the rest].

Comment

Best Guest Experience: Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, Tenn.............#9 from the top

That another low blow for= Disney
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
              Sad. On the "Golden Ticket Award Winners" list, Smuggler's Run is near the bottom.

The 2019 Golden Ticket Awards recipients
              • Best Amusement Park: Europa-Park, Rust, Germany
              • Best Water Park: Schlitterbahn Waterpark Resort, New Braunfels, Texas
              • Best Family Park of 2019: Dutch Wonderland, Lancaster, Pa.
              • Best Wildlife/Marine Life Park: SeaWorld Orlando, Orlando, Fla.
              • Best Water Park Ride: Wildebeest at Splashin’ Safari, Santa Claus, Ind.
              • Best Wooden Coaster: Phoenix at Knoebels Amusement Resort, Elysburg, Pa.
              • Best Steel Coaster: Fury 325, Carowinds, Charlotte, N.C.
              • Best Kids’ Area: Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
              • Best Guest Experience: Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
              • Breakout Family Entertainment Center of 2019: C.J. Barrymore’s, Clinton, Mich.
              • BestHalloween Event of 2018; Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando, Orlando, Fla.
              • Most Beautiful Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Williamsburg, Va.
              • Best Christmas Event of 2018: Smoky Mountain Christmas at Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
              • Best Food of 2019: Knoebels Amusement Resort, Elysburg, Pa.
              • Best New Show of 2019: Reuben’s Swashbuckling Adventure at Silver Dollar City, Branson, Mo.
              • Best Water Ride: Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, Lancashire, England
              • Best Dark Ride: Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure at Shanghai Disneyland, China
              • Best New Attraction Installation of 2019: Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Orlando, Fla.
              • Best New Roller Coaster of 2019: The Steel Curtain at Kennywood, West Mifflin, Pa.
              • Best New Family Attraction of 2019: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run at Disneyland, Anaheim, Calif.
              • Best New Water Park Ride of 2019: Cutback Water Coaster at Water Country USA, Williamsburg, Va.
              • Best Innovation of 2019: Canada’s Wonderland, Vaughan, Ontario
              FYI: This list is not a ranking from best to worst. It's a list of those who won their particular category. The order means nothing.

Comment

The credibility of Time Magazine's placement of Star Wars Land on its list of the "100 Best Places in the World to Visit" has already been thoroughly debunked in another thread.
                Debunked only by micechatters. That has no actual validity.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
                  Debunked only by micechatters. That has no actual validity.
                  Actually, it was debunked by anyone who learned that the "impartial selection committee" that placed Star Wars Land in 4th place out of Time's top 100 places to visit on Earth was, in fact, a diehard Disney fan blogger.

The inclusion of Star Wars Land anywhere in the top 100 places to visit in the world, much less in 4th place, was an insult to the journalistic heritage of Time Magazine.

From phony ratings on a "100 Best in the World" list to its pathetic position of 3rd-from-last on the list of 2019 Golden Ticket Award winners, Star Wars Land continues to under-impress and under-perform.
                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

I gotta go with Natalie on this one. This isn't a "ranking" list. It's merely a list of "bests." The location of anything on the list means nothing.

The real story is that Disneyland, as a park, garnered absolutely nothing in the way of "bests." Not best theme park; not best guest experience; not best kids' area. Nothing.

Comment

The ride's inclusion isn't really noteworthy. How many new family attractions are there out there -- in and of itself, sure, the ride is probably the best of 2019. But the best "family ride" doesn't correlate to Disneyland's best or justify its inclusion in that park.

Now, overall best park and guest experience, that's an award worthy of boasting, as you have LOTS of competition. It's sad that Disneyland didn't crack the list anywhere else.

The land is desperate for attention, I guess. It'll take what it can get.

And I'll agree with others: the Times article has been debunked. It's like asking Ronald McDonald to write an article about the best fast food restaurants... who do you think he'll pick?

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
                        The ride's inclusion isn't really noteworthy. How many new family attractions are there out there -- in and of itself, sure, the ride is probably the best of 2019. But the best "family ride" doesn't correlate to Disneyland's best or justify its inclusion in that park.

Now, overall best park and guest experience, that's an award worthy of boasting, as you have LOTS of competition. It's sad that Disneyland didn't crack the list anywhere else.

The land is desperate for attention, I guess. It'll take what it can get.

And I'll agree with others: the Times article has been debunked. It's like asking Ronald McDonald to write an article about the best fast food restaurants... who do you think he'll pick?
                        He seems like an Arby's guy

Comment

The ride def deserves the award! Love the ride!

Comment

FACT is Guest Experience , is a Big part of enjoyment ,going to a Theme Park !
                            and Diney hitting the bottom.......
                            seriously
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

As others have said, it's not a ranking.

Not sad at all - congrats Smuggler's Run!

Comment

There was a time when Disney would have dominated that list. How times have changed.
                                “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                                WDW Trips: '81
                                EPCOT Trips: '93
                                Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post
                                  There was a time when Disney would have dominated that list. How times have changed.
                                  Yes...amazing, really.

But I now want to go to Dollywood. I was there many, many years ago and it was just okay. I didn't know they were doing great things there.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                                    When Hagrid's Motorcycle rollercoaster beats Smuggler's Run for best new attraction of 2019, . . . [you can fill in the rest].
                                    Maybe the ride itself is better. I haven’t been on it so I don’t know. But I thought Forbidden Journey was one of the best rides I had ever been on because of how much they were able to accomplish in their limited space, and I would have ranked that over any Disneyland ride I had been on that year.

Comment

never heard of Europa-park sounds interesting!
                                      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                      My company had a special night at the park
                                      WdW trip report with WWoHP
                                      NYE 2011 trip report
                                      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                                      Leap year 24 hour report
                                      New DCA trip report
                                      NYE 2012
                                      HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post

Yes...amazing, really.

But I now want to go to Dollywood. I was there many, many years ago and it was just okay. I didn't know they were doing great things there.
                                        Very pretty area .......
                                        Pigeon Forge, Tenn. is the gate way to the Smoky Mountain NP
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X