Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Why Can’t DCA have Mystic Manor?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why Can’t DCA have Mystic Manor?

    With TOT gone, Mystic Manor would bring back something DCA desperately needs : an attraction with a sense of mystery and wonder. Not to mention DCA is still want for dark rides.

    Put it somewhere in Paradise Gardens, with the same San Francisco Victorian architecture.

    Sell it to chapek and Iger by pitching ubiquitous plushes of Albert the monkey in every store in both parks, a Disney+ tie-in series, a luxurious adjacent restaurant, whatever it takes!

    Imagine arguably the most impressive theme park ride in the world coming to a park that needs it. Make this happen!
    Last edited by J. Thaddeus Toad; 09-12-2019, 11:39 PM.

  • #2
    Because it’s too similar to Haunted Mansion.
    Disney visits over the years:
    • Disneyland, December 2000 (plus Legoland)
    • Disneyland, Summer 2003 (plus Legoland, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Model Railroad Museum, and Knott's Berry Farm)
    • Disneyland, December 26, 2004-January 2, 2005 (mom's 40th birthday at Plaza Inn; New Year's at Disneyland)
    • Disneyland, July 2005 (Pre-Disney Cruise visit)
    • Walt Disney World, December 15-25, 2006 (plus Kennedy Space Center)
    • Disneyland, August 2007
    • Disneyland, July 1-4, 2009
    • Disneyland, July 2011 (plus Universal Studios)
    • Disneyland, November 2011 (dad's 50th birthday)
    • Disneyland, June 2013
    • Walt Disney World, July-August 2013 (plus Universal CityWalk)
    • Disneyland, June 7-8 2014
    • Disneyland, December 27-31 2014 (mom's 50th birthday; my tenth visit)
    • Disneyland, Summer 2015 (plus Universal Studios)

    Comment


    • #3
      The best way to bring a mysterious true attraction in would be a fun house style dark ride in PP. A trackless fun house with Pixar characters would be fun!
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

      DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

      Comment


      • #4
        The Mystic Manor in the Hong Kong Disneyland is completely different from the Haunted Mansion.

        Comment


        • #5
          I’ve thought for a while that this idea would be great, except I think it should only copy the concept and have a completely different theme and story than in HKDL.

          Put it over by GRR and give it a Yosemite or CA redwoods location. A different owner, but still a member of the Adventurers Club. Different artifacts and a different person or creature that triggers the events.
          Mike_M

          Disneyland Trips
          Walt Disney World
          Disneyland Paris

          1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
          1990, 1992, 1993

          2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
          2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019
          2020

          Comment


          • #6
            Bring back a california classic... A walkthrough from california's past... The haunted shack! (yes I know its a knotts ride but it fits what we are talking about here.)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
              I’ve thought for a while that this idea would be great, except I think it should only copy the concept and have a completely different theme and story than in HKDL.

              Put it over by GRR and give it a Yosemite or CA redwoods location. A different owner, but still a member of the Adventurers Club. Different artifacts and a different person or creature that triggers the events.
              Maybe base it on the Winchester Mystery House up in San Jose, minus the gun and gun death aspects of it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BNSF1995 View Post
                Because it’s too similar to Haunted Mansion.
                How is it similar ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Never happen. No synergy with Disney Films. Maybe if Marvel starts making scary movies. But I'd personally love to see it, but I don't think the Bobs do.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wlc View Post

                    Maybe base it on the Winchester Mystery House up in San Jose, minus the gun and gun death aspects of it.
                    Having the Winchester Mystery House without acknowledging the guns and gun deaths is like having the Disney company (or Disneyland) without acknowleding Walt. It is such an intrigal part of it that it cannot be done.
                    Originally posted by migo
                    I poop with joy!
                    Best Quote...EVER!!!


                    Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Mystic Manor at DCA with a Redwoods theme near GRR and being another Mystic location maybe Mystic Cabin and the host is a Raccoon or Possum rather than a Monkey. I'd back that definitely.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mystic Manor themed to Magic Castle and placed in Hollywoodland and make it more magician/magic themed. Even make Albert a bunny if need be.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                          Never happen. No synergy with Disney Films. Maybe if Marvel starts making scary movies. But I'd personally love to see it, but I don't think the Bobs do.
                          That’s why I’m saying: pitch it with a Disney+ 13-episode family/kids series.

                          Throw in an expensive, premium steakhouse, add ubiquitous merch, and then pitch it to the Bobs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                            Mystic Manor at DCA with a Redwoods theme near GRR and being another Mystic location maybe Mystic Cabin and the host is a Raccoon or Possum rather than a Monkey. I'd back that definitely.
                            This sounds awesome , but I’d say pitch it as a clone. The more design changes, the more opportunities for cuts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Mystic Manor ,somewhere in Paradise Gardens
                              has been a great Ideal !

                              The Issue is the 2 bobs
                              Last edited by Eagleman; 09-13-2019, 04:06 PM.
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Yes, I've always wanted this to come true as well. But instead Guardians, Pixar Pier, and Marvel land happened, meaning we won't see a non-IP ride in DCA for a very long time.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Disney Boy View Post
                                  Yes, I've always wanted this to come true as well. But instead Guardians, Pixar Pier, and Marvel land happened, meaning we won't see a non-IP ride in DCA for a very long time.
                                  Mickey's PhilharMagic..........is now part of DCA
                                  IMO- Welcome change !
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                                    Mystic Manor at DCA with a Redwoods theme near GRR and being another Mystic location maybe Mystic Cabin and the host is a Raccoon or Possum rather than a Monkey. I'd back that definitely.
                                    Cute Ideal.........why not
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

                                      Mickey's PhilharMagic..........is now part of DCA
                                      IMO- Welcome change !
                                      True But for a ride like Mystic Manor to open in the near future, the chances are tiny to none

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Disney Boy View Post

                                        True But for a ride like Mystic Manor to open in the near future, the chances are tiny to none
                                        Sorry.....I afraid so
                                        The Issue is the 2 bobs
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X