This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Okay so we have a one night, two day trip planned for December.

Basically the point of the whole trip was the candlelight processional - a topic in my house since august.

Well thanks to a faulty disney server, our plans have been completely messed up. We were unable to get tickets, so we will not be watching the CP.

However, it seems so sad just to give up on this trip after all our work, so I want to make it as good as possible!

If you all could help me with my plans that would be great! Please keep in mind that the CP will be going on and if you have any tips regarding avoiding the crowds of that etc. that would be great. Also we really want to do ALL the holiday things so let me know if we skipped anything!

Sat - arrive 9AM and have breakfast in the park (maybe minnie and friends?)
    do the 10:45 holiday tour and see the parade
    check in to our hotel
    relax and enjoy the hotel, have lunch there, enjoy concierge.
    maybe check out downtown disney and the gc carolers
    around 4:30 head over to DCA (would be DL but the cp will be on then)
    Do some rides, go to santa's beach blast for a while
    Have dinner at _____ (somewhere nice, any suggestions?)
    Then line up at *what time?* to see the electrical parade.
    Leave at closing, head back to hotel for an hour.
    Then the kids and I (dh will be done with the parks by now!) will head over around 10 (when CP and fireworks will be done) to do some rides in DL
    Will probably leave around 11 but they might convince me to stay until closing and do nemo!

Sun -
    I can bet the kids will be at the park at rope drop for some rides but dh and I will sleep in! Have the concierge for breakfast or maybe goofy character breakfast (never been there)
    Then we have to check out
    Then we were thinking of going over to DL and doing the reindeer roundup, and seeing santa.
    Also heading over to toontown
    Lunch at cafe orleans
    Just take the day slowly and then have early dinner at napa rose or the blue bayou.
    Then that night we want to see the fireworks and the snow but we don't know what time to get in place at. And where is the best spot? And how will the CP affect this?
    Also any other times that the snow happens?

Okay thank you all so so much in advance!!!

Re: Help!

Oh I just thought of something else!

The kids have never seen Block Party Bash and would like to - will it still be on then, and when should we squeeze it in?

Comment

You can still see Candlelight...There is plenty of "free" viewing. You just won't get a chair.
      Originally posted by All4dISNEY
      Words hurt.

Comment

Saturday is an early entry day if your ticket allows this.
        Originally posted by SummerInFL
        Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
        Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocat View Post
          You can still see Candlelight...There is plenty of "free" viewing. You just won't get a chair.
          Yes, I realize that but I don't want to waste the entire trip waiting to see it and I know my DH and DS wont be able to wait that long (past experiences!) =)

Any advice about what I asked? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mousechild View Post
            Saturday is an early entry day if your ticket allows this.
            Thanks =)

Unfortunately we won't be able to be there until 9 or 9:30 although it would have been great to hit all the rides early.

Comment

I don't think they are doing the electrical parade that weekend. You should check the cal. at disneyland.com.
              Originally posted by SummerInFL
              Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
              Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Originally posted by mousechild View Post
                I don't think they are doing the electrical parade that weekend. You should check the cal. at disneyland.com.
                Oh no! I did but they don't seem to have it listed whatsoever in december so I just assumed it was a mistake...anyone have any more info on this?

Comment

Bummer about your missing CP. Although just wait til you see the lights on the castle at night while walking down Main Street! It'll blow you away.

You asked about dinner. If you haven't been to either of these places for dinner before and if you want to stay at the resort, I highly recommend in this order, 1, Napa Rose at the Grand Californian, or, 2, Steakhouse 55 (formerly Granville's) at the Disneyland Hotel. Both are upscale and have great food and service.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
                    You asked about dinner. If you haven't been to either of these places for dinner before and if you want to stay at the resort, I highly recommend in this order, 1, Napa Rose at the Grand Californian, or, 2, Steakhouse 55 (formerly Granville's) at the Disneyland Hotel. Both are upscale and have great food and service.
                    Know that both of these restaurants are filled with reservations for the Candlelight ceremony-- dinner was included with the ticket price and Napa Rose was reserved for just AP's. Steakhouse 55 was available to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by pattimelt View Post
                      Know that both of these restaurants are filled with reservations for the Candlelight ceremony-- dinner was included with the ticket price and Napa Rose was reserved for just AP's. Steakhouse 55 was available to anyone.
                      Well, then...right down the street on Katella is Mr. Stox, less than five minutes from Disneyland. Been there forever, and a wonderful dining experience, complete with a piano player and GREAT food and wine. Lovely ambiance and large booths. It's been there for so long and is so close by, it really shouldn't be missed....and the food is completely on par with Steakhouse 55. The wine list is insane. Ask for a tour of their wine cellar. You'll feel like you're at an attraction at Disneyland, only with a million dollars of wine surrounding you.

Comment

Thanks for the advice all.

As for dinner, we realized that the cp crowd would be eating so we were going with either an early or late dinner or something in the park.

The place outside the park sounds interesting too thanks, but no-one in the family drinks so it might be wasted on us!

Comment

Any advice regarding the fireworks and snow?

Comment

Originally posted by angeladlr View Post
                            Thanks for the advice all.

As for dinner, we realized that the cp crowd would be eating so we were going with either an early or late dinner or something in the park.

The place outside the park sounds interesting too thanks, but no-one in the family drinks so it might be wasted on us!

Angeladlr - My best advice to you would be to try to eat at or BEFORE 4pm on the Candlelight performance days. If you wait until the performance times at around 5pm, ALL of the food lines throughout the park will be INSANE. The crowd traditionally swells to epic proportions on both of those nights as extra friends and family of the 1000 voice choir piles in to hear the concert, along with countless others who come to try and catch a glimpse each year. Of the four or five years that my choirs performed in this show, each year was MADHOUSE trying to find food following the concerts. Eventually we gave up and went to Coco's up on West and Katella which had no line whatsoever. Just last Friday, the line for Zocalo's looked to be at LEAST a 45 minute wait. I would expect the Candlelight nights to be far more crowded than last Friday. I hope you still get a chance to see the show, but don't plan on eating afterwards in the park unless you want a long, long, long wait. Likewise with most of Downtown Disney on a Christmas season weekend.

As for eating later, I think the time frame we were looking for food was between 9 and 10pm....and it was still insanne. All of those performers are now loose in the park, and they are starving. I'd say early or head up the street....but some of the restaurants in and around the convention center can also pack out depending on who is in town. Joe's Crab Shack on Harbor is one of our favorites, but again...it's usually a zoo on the weekends.

Comment

Any advice regarding the fireworks and snow?

I'd strongly recommend watching the fireworks in front of small world. Granted you don't see the castle but it is MUCH less crowded. Just make sure you are by a "snow blower" on the speaker towers.

When the snow isn't going, I love watching the fireworks from the 2nd deck or Innoventions. During Christmas, you gotta be in the snow.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                During Christmas, you gotta be in the snow.
                                Having lived in Utah all my life, I always took the snow at Christmas for granted. However, when I was 6, my dad was transferred to San Diego for a year with his job. I can remember on Christmas eve, and it was 80 degrees outside. I was extremely upset, to the point of tears, thinkin that Santa can't come if there is no snow for his sleigh to ride on, and that the condo we were living in had no chimney, so Santa couldnt come down it to bring me presents. I asked my mother, how will Santa get in? He will miss me this year! Then she told me, he has a skeleton key that opens any door, and he will just come in the front door. It made sense to me, and he came that night nonetheless. One of my favorite christmas memories of all my life.

Back on topic, i will be at DL for the CP next week. I am excited as all get out for it.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice.

If its true that the electrical parade is not going on I think we may just see the fireworks on saturday - or would this be much more crowded than sunday? We really do want to see the castle so any advice on spots around there or how long to wait?

Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks for all the advice.

If its true that the electrical parade is not going on I think we may just see the fireworks on saturday - or would this be much more crowded than sunday? We really do want to see the castle so any advice on spots around there or how long to wait?

Thanks again!
                                    I guess kill 2 bird with one stone and see the castle light up and the fireworks in the same spot. To get a decent spot I'd say about an hour before the fireworks. Make sure you stand your ground, people will bunch up and get in front of you if you relax.

Have fun, can't lose with Dland fireworks!

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                      I guess kill 2 bird with one stone and see the castle light up and the fireworks in the same spot. To get a decent spot I'd say about an hour before the fireworks. Make sure you stand your ground, people will bunch up and get in front of you if you relax.

Have fun, can't lose with Dland fireworks!
                                      Thanks for the quick response!

What do you mean by the castle lighting up (I've kinda been ignoring the christmas related threads because we've never been at christmas and don't want to see pictures before!)?
                                      And does the snow fall any other times?
                                      And is the hub a good location, or does no snow fall there?
                                      And will saturday be much worse than sunday?
                                      Lastly, will the CP affect the fireworks?

Sorry for soo many questions!

Comment

Thanks for the quick response!

What do you mean by the castle lighting up (I've kinda been ignoring the christmas related threads because we've never been at christmas and don't want to see pictures before!)?
                                        And does the snow fall any other times?
                                        And is the hub a good location, or does no snow fall there?
                                        And will saturday be much worse than sunday?
                                        Lastly, will the CP affect the fireworks?

Sorry for soo many questions!
                                        The castle now has snow on it. AT night it lights up to give it that glistening icicle look. There are more than one show for the castle lighting.

I'm sure someone will confirm this but I know for sure Main Street has snow as does the trail from Alice to Small World. I'm not sure about the hub.

Saturday is traditionally busier than Sunday but Christmas time it pretty crowded. I don't think the CP will affect the fireworks. Just ask a CM when the fireworks will start and plan your event around that schedule.

Have fun!
                                        Last edited by aashee; 11-22-2007, 07:55 AM. Reason: forgot how to type

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X