• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whiteness
    RoofRatter

• Feb 2017

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
    I'm hearing rumors that Disney is working, come hell or high water, to get this thing open by December/January (DL). However, even if it does open then, word is it's not going to be as spectacular as promised, thanks to Chapek cost-cutting.
    Not as spectacular as promised when? There's been a bunch of recent info and previews about how amazing it will be: do you mean that it will not live up to recent promises? That wouldn't make any sense, given that Disney must know, by now, what will and will not make the cut(s.)
    Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

• denyuntilcaught
      MiceChatter
      • Sep 2013

I'm hearing rumors that Disney is working, come hell or high water, to get this thing open by December/January (DL). However, even if it does open then, word is it's not going to be as spectacular as promised, thanks to Chapek cost-cutting.
      I agree with Whiteness - everyone else is saying that this attraction is out of this world (ha!). This is the first I'm hearing about it not being as spectacular as promised.

Comment

• Yamamoto364
        MiceChatter
        • Oct 2019

This doesn’t really seem to make sense. It’s been confirmed that everything that Disney has “promised” about the attraction is indeed in it. Classic.

Comment

• Mr Wiggins

• Jan 2005

If true, it wouldn't be a surprise. Disney would spin it the same way they spun Chapek's bare-bones Star Wars Land -- "work in progress," "Phase I," "more to come," and so on.

Defining it as something it isn't would be nothing new for Chapek, who declared to the press that the obviously under-performing Star Wars Land was a "runaway success." To that end, he would have legions of fans gushing praise on social media, while virtually no mainstream media journalists would call him out on the bs.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

• Mr Wiggins

• Jan 2005

Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post
            It’s been confirmed that everything that Disney has “promised” about the attraction is indeed in it.
            Not confirmed, alleged. It won't be confirmed that everything Disney promised is indeed in it, until it opens.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

• Yamamoto364
              MiceChatter
              • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Not confirmed, alleged. It won't be confirmed that everything Disney promised is indeed in it, until it opens.
              Seems there have been enough leaks and photos released on other sites to more or less confirm.

But I guess if people want to overlook all that so they can continue to think negatively that’s fine too.

Comment

• Eagleman
                Lord of the Sky

• Oct 2008

I would not hold my breath ((()))
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Mr Wiggins

• Jan 2005

Seems there have been enough leaks and photos released on other sites to more or less confirm.
                  "More or less confirm" is an oxymoron.

But I guess if people want to overlook all that so they can continue to think negatively that’s fine too.
                  And if people want to overlook Disney's track record of delivering less than promised so they can continue to think positively, that's fine as well.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

• tarheelalum
                    Mice chatter
                    • Apr 2015

Disney has consistently failed in delivering what they have promised regarding SWGE so nobody is going to believe that everything is wonderful until they see it. But with the cheap Chinese contractors Disney hired, I doubt everything is peaches and cream in Anaheim's Star Wars Land.

Comment

• HiddenMickey87
                      Banned User
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by whiteness View Post

Not as spectacular as promised when? There's been a bunch of recent info and previews about how amazing it will be: do you mean that it will not live up to recent promises? That wouldn't make any sense, given that Disney must know, by now, what will and will not make the cut(s.)
                      I don't know, I didn't follow Disney's PR on the ride. Just reporting what I heard.

Comment

• Yamamoto364
                        MiceChatter
                        • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

"More or less confirm" is an oxymoron.

And if people want to overlook Disney's track record of delivering less than promised so they can continue to think positively, that's fine as well.
                        Ha ha ha

Comment

• stovk
                          Banned User
                          • Jul 2012

Just like the "confirmed" Bantha ride, stunt shows, sit-down restaurant...

Need a refill on your Kool Aid?

Comment

• denyuntilcaught
                            MiceChatter
                            • Sep 2013

I don't know, I didn't follow Disney's PR on the ride. Just reporting what I heard.
                            Except it's not just Disney's PR who is reporting on the ride. There have been many leaks and credible members of other forums who can speak to the quality of the ride. I get Wiggins' point - Disney's record is hit and miss. But every so often a hit does come along, and I think this may be it.

Comment

• biggsworth
                              MiceChatter
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by denyuntilcaught View Post

Except it's not just Disney's PR who is reporting on the ride. There have been many leaks and credible members of other forums who can speak to the quality of the ride. I get Wiggins' point - Disney's record is hit and miss. But every so often a hit does come along, and I think this may be it.
                              I really hope this attraction is everything it's supposed to be. As far as SWGE is concerned Disney over promised a ton and had under delivered all over the land. But I'm not one to be too extremist. I will wait and see on ROTR. In my mind though it's already late to open and it's because of poor choices from corporate. I just hope they didn't degrade the project so much we feel it like in the rest of the land.
                              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                              My company had a special night at the park
                              WdW trip report with WWoHP
                              NYE 2011 trip report
                              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                              Leap year 24 hour report
                              New DCA trip report
                              NYE 2012
                              HKDL trip report

Comment

• stovk
                                Banned User
                                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

I really hope this attraction is everything it's supposed to be. As far as SWGE is concerned Disney over promised a ton and had under delivered all over the land. But I'm not one to be too extremist. I will wait and see on ROTR. In my mind though it's already late to open and it's because of poor choices from corporate. I just hope they didn't degrade the project so much we feel it like in the rest of the land.
                                I agree. However, the sad thing is, due to Disney's ineptness as of late, it's unfortunate that we even need to view anything they do now with skepticism. Who would of thought that day would have come? All thanks to the "sharp pencil people", "bean counters", and unqualified people in charge of WDI and Parks and Attractions... *cough* Chapek *hack*

Comment

• Eagleman
                                  Lord of the Sky

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by stovk View Post

I agree. However, the sad thing is, due to Disney's ineptness as of late, it's unfortunate that we even need to view anything they do now with skepticism. Who would of thought that day would have come? All thanks to the "sharp pencil people", "bean counters", and unqualified people in charge of WDI and Parks and Attractions... *cough* Chapek *hack*
                                  I have same
                                  *cough* Chapek *hack*
                                  and lack of trust.........and skepticism !
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Laugh-O-Grams
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Dec 2018

As much as Walt nit-picked at the Park, some members on these boards would say he "hates everything Disney."
                                    Disney Finally Admit They Went Too Far, But Is It Too Late?

We need another Walt...and fast!

"It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,
                                    The Imagineering Story, Episode 4 "Hit or Miss"

Comment

• HiddenMickey87
                                      Banned User
                                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Laugh-O-Grams View Post
                                      As much as Walt nit-picked at the Park, some members on these boards would say he "hates everything Disney."
                                      Good point!

Comment

• HiddenMickey87
                                        Banned User
                                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by whiteness View Post

First of all, a ride can be a massive hit and still not "get everything right." Indiana Jones was and continues to be a massive hit, and it's still got all kinds of operational issues. Even the queue has degraded by degrees over the years.

Don't even get me started on POTC (Johnny Depp, please just leave...) Does anyone remember how the ceiling used to suddenly fall?

There are a few rides which, in my opinion, are close to "perfection" in some sense, but others may disagree. Haunted Mansion perhaps? Radiator Springs, maybe? Jungle Cruise (when you get a good skipper--yeah, I know, but I'm the one voting!) And a whole lot of other rides that have long queues, but many people wouldn't suggest they are perfect.

And that's OK. Walt famously said that the park will never be finished, and he personally pushed towards perfection. And he was right, because the moment you stop caring enough and take your hands off the wheel, things start to degrade by degree.

Most people ride Indiana Jones and say "Oh look, Indy's just standing there, frozen. Hmmm, that's odd." or "Hmm, I wonder why the clouds in Toontown look so faded and peeling?" or "What a pity this part of Splash Mountain is so dark that I can barely see the singing animals!" But a few of us love the park, and have visited it often enough, that we find these things annoying and even offensive.

If Walt was still walking the park, I doubt it would have taken so long to get those burnt out lights fixed, Indy's mouth moving and Toontown looking vibrant again. He would have nagged the heck out of people to make it right. He's not walking the park anymore, except maybe in spirit. But there are still a lot of people who do care enough to make a lot of noise when they see that something is wrong. Unfortunately, not enough of them seem to be working for Disney's upper management.

When I see something wrong at Knott's Berry Farm, it bugs me, but I mostly ignore it. Because it's not that kind of park. It doesn't strive for perfection. It just tries to be cheap and cheerful, and at that it mostly succeeds. But Disney was, and mostly still is, the "Shining Light on the Hill." It was the park(s) that others wished they could be, someday. Because of Walt, and the folks around him. And many of us selfishly wish that it could remain so, however unrealistic that may be in a time of corporate management focused on the bottom line and cross promotion of cobbled together IPs.
                                        Bingo!

Well-put and insightful!

It's clear that you "get" the park.

Comment

• pure supercool
                                          MiceChatter
                                          • Apr 2014

What a simple statement!

I can think of at least 3 people who remain totally silent when confronted when evidence that GE isn't the massive hit they're trying to fool everyone into thinking it is.

As for your second sentence, it's quite obvious he loves the park, what it used to stand for. Management needs to get its act together, and we're not the only ones who feel that way.
                                          The thing is, though, management won't "get its act together" until you give it a reason to. Until your mom, your dad, your brothers, your sisters, aunts, uncles, friends, acquaintances, strangers give them a reason to respond with change. Why should they "get their act together" when the parks are still pulling in a huge profit? Really, where is the incentive? I don't see it, but you know exactly what it means we park goers have to do. Instead of being "critical" about the parks on a forum, stop visiting all together. Stop giving them money. Stop buying annual passes, stop renewing them, tell your family and your friends to do the same. Hit them where it hurts because management only speaks one language...$$$.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X