Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat your way through at Day at Disneyland in any era...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Eat your way through at Day at Disneyland in any era...

Ok here is another "list your..." topic for some fun. This time list what a realistic dream day of eating (& drinking ) would be in a perfect trip to the DL Resort from rope drop to fireworks. No judging everyone should be free to list their ideal daily intake regardless of how unhealthy or unsettling some maybe. It's a day at the park and considered by many an automatic cheat day. Let's keep it realistic though (somebody stating 150 churros who isn't Kobayashi would lead to many calling BS )

I'll go first as an example as I am a pretty boring eater...

Breakfast: A churro and cup of coffee from Starbucks on Main Street.

Morning Snack: A NOS Fritter (from the 80's back when they were the size of your fist), with a large fruit punch to wash it down.

Lunch: A Chimichanga from a vendor cart & a bottle of Sprite

Mid: Afternoon 2 bottles/cups of water. ( Need to thin out all the carbs from the morning )

Afternoon snack: Dole Pineapple Juice from Dole whip counter.

Dinner: Chicken Gumbo and a Coke from Blue Bayou

Desert: Mint chip Ice cream dipped waffle cone from Ghiradellis in DCA and a bottle of water.

( it's good thing I just walked 10 miles. )

Breakfast: If I'm not eating at the hotel, then I'm gonna go with some kind of Mickey waffle (or if I can get French Toast), eggs, bacon, and water/orange juice. Possibly even some kind of breakfast burrito. I enjoy those.

Morning Snack: I don't think I'd get a morning snack. I'd probably wait until it was lunch time. I'm not usually hungry for about 5ish hours after I eat my breakfast anyway.

Lunch: Lunch would be a toss up between basically anything at Rancho Del Zocalo or some kind of burger and fries, maybe from Hungry Bear. Root beer is a must.

Mid: Churro! and water. Lots of water.

Afternoon snack: I haven't had it yet, but now that Tropical Hideaway is open I'd probably get myself a bao or two. Maybe even a skewer from Bengal. That's the perfect sized snack to tide me over until dinner time!

Dinner: Some kind of salmon and rice or mashed potato dish or possibly even a steak. I tend to gravitate toward the fish, though.

Desert: Mickey beignet. They're so much fun to shake in the bag, so warm and delicious.

Comment

Breakfast: I'm dating myself but breakfast always started at the Plaza Pavilion on Main street. Pancakes or a waffle was a must.

Lunch: It has to be a corn dog from the Red Wagon on Main Street

Midday snack: A Dole Whip, what else

Midday Snack 2: Beignets and coffee

Dinner: Do they still have the Steak Sandwich at the Hungry Bear? If not then a Monte Cristo from the Blue Bayou.

Late Snack: Popcorn from one of the many carts
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Breakfast at Carnation Café on Main Street;

Mid-morning snack: Orville Redenbacher popcorn;

Lunch at Blue Bayou, with Monte Cristos;

Mid-afternoon snack: Banyan Beef Skewers;

Dinner: Jolly Roger outside the Park.

Comment

Breakfast at Jolly Holiday Bakery, with a nice, hot croissant, and a glass of orange juice.

i don’t typically have a snack before lunch, so I’ll skip that.

lunch is simple. Probably a burger at Hungry Bear, since the atmosphere over the river is so beautiful.

later, I may get a snack of some ice cream on Main Street at Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor. If it’s around Christmas time that snack will be a gingerbread cookie.

Dinner for my ideal Disneyland day would be at Blue Bayou. Based on the current menu, I’d have the Bone-in rib-Eye.

Other assorted snacks throughout the day the day would include a Dole Whip, and something from a candy shop.
          of course, every meal is with a Diet Coke, no ice.

now, if it’s a multi-day visit, all this changes each day since I don’t like to eat at the same place twice on any Disneyland trip.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

My ideal day would go something like this:

Eggs and sausage breakfast with a nice cup of coffee on the patio at Riverbelle Terrace, overlooking RoA; nothing too sweet because I know what's coming next...
            a snack of one of those old-time giant fritters, like Starcade mentioned, accompanied by a Mint Julep.

Lunch would be a lobster roll at Harbor Galley; and then I'm very full, so nothing for dinner until I have...
            a nice steak and salad with their old school dressing, along with a cup of jambalaya at the Blue Bayou.

And that's it until I grab some English toffee on the way out of the park and munch it happily as I make my exit.

Comment

Breakfast: An iced mocha and blueberry muffin from the Coffee Shop at Disneyland Hotel

Lunch: Bengal & Banyan skewers from Bengal BBQ, and a jalapeno cheese pretzel from Refreshment Corner... on the upper deck of the Hungry Bear (and stealing bites of my wife's funnel cake)
              Honorable Mention: Jazz Kitchen... gumbo, and shrimp and grits!!!

After-Lunch Dessert: Mint Julep and/or Iced mocha #2, and a nice ride or two on the Disneyland Railroad

Afternoon snack: Dole Whip

Dinner: on the Cafe Orleans terrace... pommes frites to start, always.
              Honorable Mention: Blue Bayou, but mostly for the ambiance

Desert: Strawberry Streetcar Sundae from Gibson Girl

Comment

I'm going to pick from today's available options so I don't make myself miss what's gone even more..

Breakfast: Plaza Inn (Breakfast in the Park with Minnie & Friends) - I make this choice assuming it has to be inside the park, if not, then Goofy's Kitchen over at the Disneyland Hotel. I love me some Mickey Waffles (-and all I can eat, to boot)!

Lunch: Rancho del Zocalo - Burrito Sonora with Chicken and Crispy Chips con Limon.

Dinner: Blue Bayou Restaurant - Fried Calamari, Roasted Chicken Maison and a Mint Juliep.

Various Snacks: Ronto Wrap from Ronto Roasters (either variation), Green Milk and Churros.

Dessert: Oga's Cantina - Blue Bantha and Cliff Dweller drinks.

There are so many good choices in Disneyland, this is was hard. Honestly, I could just spend a whole day there eating just about anywhere if I had the funds or an endless stomach.
                "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

This is a great thread, though I want a balance of trying foods and atmospheres from a bygone time!

Breakfast: The breakfast burrito at Rancho del Zocalo was a favorite when they had it that held me over for a few hours.

Lunch: This has to be Monte Cristo sandwiches at the Blue Bayou. That is basically comfort food with unbeatable atmosphere.

Post-lunch dessert: Not wanting to go on any fast-moving rides on a full stomach, I'll head to the Tiki Room and have a Dole Whip.

Late-afternoon snack: Need to make time for the obligatory churro (no special flavors or sauces, please).

Dinner: A burger from the Carnation Cafe on Main Street never fails to hit the spot. I don't eat beef burgers anymore, but hey it's a cheat day.

Dessert: I love getting a hot chocolate from a Fantasyland cart sometime around 10pm.

Last snack: Before hitting the road between 12 and 1am, I always stopped by the Blue Ribbon Bakery for a chocolate chip cookie and chocolate milk.

Comment

Most of the time ,I have coffee and Breakfast before, I get to the parks
                    So I would be fill and ready to go.........
                    Various Snacks- C
                    hurro s is a must.........Beignets later on ......

Drinks goes...... a Soda and a
                    Mint Julep ,in which I find it refreshing.

Dinner I would eat a big meal .........Rancho del Zocalo or
                    Plaza Inn (love the chicken Dinner there)

and if I there at night ,I might have cup coffee and sweat roll at the
                    Jolly Holiday Bakery.
                    Of course my list is subject to change

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

While technically not in Disneyland or DCA, but very close by at the former Residence Inn, our meal started at the crowded breakfast buffet room waiting for my turn to make waffles for wife and daughter...next at Disneyland, lunch would be something from either Hungry Bear or from the restaurant formerly known as Pizza Port...dinner was always a spontaneous affair...dinner could be at the Plaza Inn, or Carnation Gardens or La Brea Bakery, or at the IHOP across the street...
                      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

I know it will involve at least one Tigger Tail lol. A meal at Blue Bayou for sure.

Comment

Breakfast: Omelette at the Egg House on Town Square. 2nd Breakfast: Pecan Nuttles from the Candy Palace. 3rd Breakfast: Dill Pickle from the Market House. 4th Breakfast: Popcorn from the Hub. Lunch: Two choices: Cobb Salad from the Blue Bayou and/or Fettucini Alfredo from the Club made at your table- with Hostess Punch. 2nd Lunch: Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Fries and a Coke from the Inn Between. 3rd Lunch: A "Sourdough"...which was basically a philly cheese steak on sourdough bread grilled on a flat from "The Pit" also known as "The DEC" Called "The Pit...not because it was in a pit...but when the Love Bug had it's second wind it was decorated with "Pit Stop" Decor. DEC simply stands for Disneyland Employee Cafeteria. 4th Lunch: Fried butterflied Shrimp and Fries (with loads of lemons) made to order from the French Market with a Mint Julep. Dinner: Carved roast beef from the Plaza Inn, a silly iceberg lettuce salad smothered in the best blue cheese dressing ever, and Disneyland Cheesecake. 2nd Dinner: More Popcorn from #8 (Big Thunder Trail) & an Ice Cream Sandwich from down in Frontierland. 3rd Dinner: Teriyaki Chicken from the Tahitian Terrace with a pineapple spear from the Tiki Room waiting area. 4th Dinner: "Magic Burger" (Cheeseburger with Ham)...not even sure this was on the menu...from Coke Terrace with an icy Coke made with real sugar and not corn syrup- oh... and and order of "OR's" (onion rings) made to order...and possibly a vanilla shake. OK...I could go on...lastly for dessert...one of those GIGANTIC lollypops from the Candy Palace that were bigger than your head...while walking down (or in this case...waddling down) Main Street to the exit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubu View Post
                            Breakfast: Omelette at the Egg House on Town Square. 2nd Breakfast: Pecan Nuttles from the Candy Palace. 3rd Breakfast: Dill Pickle from the Market House. 4th Breakfast: Popcorn from the Hub. Lunch: Two choices: Cobb Salad from the Blue Bayou and/or Fettucini Alfredo from the Club made at your table- with Hostess Punch. 2nd Lunch: Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Fries and a Coke from the Inn Between. 3rd Lunch: A "Sourdough"...which was basically a philly cheese steak on sourdough bread grilled on a flat from "The Pit" also known as "The DEC" Called "The Pit...not because it was in a pit...but when the Love Bug had it's second wind it was decorated with "Pit Stop" Decor. DEC simply stands for Disneyland Employee Cafeteria. 4th Lunch: Fried butterflied Shrimp and Fries (with loads of lemons) made to order from the French Market with a Mint Julep. Dinner: Carved roast beef from the Plaza Inn, a silly iceberg lettuce salad smothered in the best blue cheese dressing ever, and Disneyland Cheesecake. 2nd Dinner: More Popcorn from #8 (Big Thunder Trail) & an Ice Cream Sandwich from down in Frontierland. 3rd Dinner: Teriyaki Chicken from the Tahitian Terrace with a pineapple spear from the Tiki Room waiting area. 4th Dinner: "Magic Burger" (Cheeseburger with Ham)...not even sure this was on the menu...from Coke Terrace with an icy Coke made with real sugar and not corn syrup- oh... and and order of "OR's" (onion rings) made to order...and possibly a vanilla shake. OK...I could go on...lastly for dessert...one of those GIGANTIC lollypops from the Candy Palace that were bigger than your head...while walking down (or in this case...waddling down) Main Street to the exit.
                            Are you a Hobbit?

Me, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post

Are you a Hobbit?

Me, too!
                              Not quite sure what that is, but sure...also forgot...add in 3 trips to the Monorail Bar at the Disneyland Hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubu View Post

Not quite sure what that is, but sure...also forgot...add in 3 trips to the Monorail Bar at the Disneyland Hotel.
                                Sorry...I just couldn't resist. It's from Lord of the Rings. The Hobbits eat first breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, etc. etc. Sounds good to me!

Comment

Sorry...I just couldn't resist. It's from Lord of the Rings. The Hobbits eat first breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, etc. etc. Sounds good to me!
                                  Hobbits......Interesting.....

I see people eat breakfast -morning-noon-night
                                  Go to Norms ,Denny's or Ihop
                                  Steak and egg's for dinner for me

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Mickey pancakes at River Belle Terrance. Mickey Mouse shaped fried cheese and clam chowder in a bread bowl in New Orleans Square. A kebob at Bengal BBQ. Ice cream at Carnation Plaza Gardens. Hot dog at Refreshment (Coke) Corner.

Popcorn and a churro. Large Mickey shaped sour dough bread from The Bakery Tour. Hamburger and fries at Hungry Bear or Tomorrow Land Terrance.

Dinner at the Chef's Counter in Napa Rose. Chocolate and vanilla yogurt swirl from Clarabelle's Snack Stand.
                                    Last edited by DisneyLifer; 10-09-2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

And here I thought you were referring to the fact that it was only his 2nd post in 10+ years as a Micechat member... haha

Comment

Are you a Hobbit?

Me, too!
                                        Funny. When I first posted to this thread I was thinking about what I’d have for elevensies.
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X