Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] When Less Is More

Share your ideas of ways "less can be more" at Disneyland.

For example:

-having a few "dark nights" of Fantasmic allows guests to enjoy the twilight/evening ambiance of the Rivers of America, and relaxing rides on the Mark Twain (live music optional)

Along those lines, I long for the return of a simple "Fantasy in the Sky," where all the pyro is launched from backstage with no area or attraction closures, no projection mapping every single inch of the park.
    Just a simple announcement "Hey everybody! It's Fantasy in the Sky!" Boom boom, fireworks for 10 minutes with some light Disney music. Everybody looks stays where they are. Everyone goes back to their lives in frantic-free peace.

The nighttime spectaculars are out of control.

Comment

Simple attractions without screens. I suppose animatronics are FAR from simple, but you know what I mean. Not everything should require 3D glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
        Share your ideas of ways "less can be more" at Disneyland.

For example:

-having a few "dark nights" of Fantasmic allows guests to enjoy the twilight/evening ambiance of the Rivers of America, and relaxing rides on the Mark Twain (live music optional)

Myself enjoy a night time run of Sailing Ship Columbia
        ,on the~~~~~~Rivers of America~~~~~
        Going slow,during the night ,round the river is relaxing and peaceful ......like the Mark Twain
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I love it when the Main Street Vehicles are running. Sometimes Main Street is so busy with other stuff, but I love when it isn't. Take some time, and ride each of them, if you can. It is so relaxing, and the drivers are all "gems". Takes me back to another world/time, when people wern't it such a hurry all the time.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

A few less Capt. Jack Sparrows on Pirates would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
              A few less Capt. Jack Sparrows on Pirates would be good.
              I Feel Disney , did a over kill of Johnny be good ,on the
              Pirates of the Caribbean !
              IMO

Last edited by Eagleman; 10-02-2019, 06:27 PM.
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Less cameras built into smartphones would allow rides to be enjoyed without the asshat in front of you popping off their flash "on accident".

Less Flavors added to Churros, If you don't like the classic churro then move along there other things for you. I do not need fancy dipping sauces or food dyes thrown on to my near perfect donut stick.
                Last edited by Starcade; 10-03-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I would like fewer parades. A few years back, I was there during the Christmas season, and it seemed like there was a parade going on, cutting the park in half and making it difficult to navigate, around every two hours. It was just irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by JoFi View Post
                    Simple attractions without screens. I suppose animatronics are FAR from simple, but you know what I mean. Not everything should require 3D glasses.
                    Would enjoy a ride ,that less-base projection screen.........
                    Have always enjoy
                    animatronics attractions and shows ........
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I liked it when there was less efficiency to the whole operation. I remember nights in the summertime when the park closed late and there would be nobody left. You could walk on any ride and really enjoy the nighttime illuminations without a lot of chaos. There was a very magical quality to the night. Now they can anticipate crowds and close earlier.

Comment

Fewer holiday overlays. Disneyland doesn’t get any better than when it’s just being Disneyland. No special promotions, holiday overlays, whatever.
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Less lighting in the tunnel before PoTC's 1st drop. Before the 2000s changes, it was pitch black until the talking skull.

Originally posted by Theme_Park_Insider View Post
                          Along those lines, I long for the return of a simple "Fantasy in the Sky," where all the pyro is launched from backstage with no area or attraction closures, no projection mapping every single inch of the park.
                          This is not possible, as Fireworks shells can land into the said closed areas of the park, which is a safety hazard for the guests.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                            Less lighting in the tunnel before PoTC's 1st drop. Before the 2000s changes, it was pitch black until the talking skull.

This is not possible, as Fireworks shells can land into the said closed areas of the park, which is a safety hazard for the guests.
                            To clarify - I mean NO PYRO from the castle, NO PYRO from Main Street, NO PYRO from anywhere EXCEPT the main firing platform backstage. Ta Da, no asinine closures of half the Park.

That's how evening fireworks used to be at Disneyland...you know, nice and short. It doesn't have to be friggin' Capitol Fourth every night.
                            Last edited by Theme_Park_Insider; 10-03-2019, 07:33 AM.

Comment

^ This!

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                              - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                                Fewer holiday overlays. Disneyland doesn’t get any better than when it’s just being Disneyland. No special promotions, holiday overlays, whatever.
                                Same here....I may be in the minority here but I doubt if I'd ever get tired of the same old DL over and over again. There's so much detail to see that it's always a sort of new experience every time I visit.

Comment

Less than $100 to get in means more to me.

Comment

I for less
                                    special promotions, and let Disneyland be it self
                                    with out gimmick's
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Theme_Park_Insider View Post
                                      Just a simple announcement "Hey everybody! It's Fantasy in the Sky!" Boom boom, fireworks for 10 minutes with some light Disney music. Everybody looks stays where they are. Everyone goes back to their lives in frantic-free peace.

The nighttime spectaculars are out of control.
                                      This is absolutely how I remember fireworks from my youth, and in many ways it was more magical than standing in a huge crowd waiting for the fireworks show.

Comment

Originally posted by MouseObsessed View Post

This is absolutely how I remember fireworks from my youth, and in many ways it was more magical than standing in a huge crowd waiting for the fireworks show.
                                        Same here......
                                        "Fantasy in the Sky" !
                                        You was able be almost anywhere in the park ,to watch the Fireworks
                                        a simple
                                        10 minutes
                                        show........without the crowd
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X