Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Can’t Believe I’m About to Say This, But...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can’t Believe I’m About to Say This, But...

I’m way more excited for Epic Universe more than anything Disney has coming. The main reason : Super Mario Land. And this is coming from someone who doesn’t care for Universal Studios.

If this thing is done right, I think it could be truly mind bending and next level (no pun intended). I’ve never seen a land promise to simulate an alternate reality in quite the the same way: moving platforms, coins and power ups throughout the land, rectal-linear architecture/landscape, and maybe they can even bring video game physics to the ride movement? There just seems like a wealth of new possibilities to play with, here.

Plus, it looks bright, cheery and fun.

Contrast that to marvel land, which seems much more.... predictable ?

I value the unexpected. And I see that in the concept art for Mario, whereas I don’t see it in marvel. And I don’t think we really got it in GE.... not yet, at least.

I get a little sense of the unexpected in runaway railway, however, which is the only Disney project I’m excited about.

What? You’re not excited by a brewery, a restaurant, and a bunch of meet and greets with characters who have been there for years? To be fair they have a couple new ones planned but I’m sure they will cut them out last minute to save money.

Comment

Universal has the initiative, that's for sure. Disney is still reacting overall, rather than innovating. In my opinion Potter did them in...

Comment

Is Super Mario Land coming to Universal Studios California? I thought it was only announced for Florida?

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
          Is Super Mario Land coming to Universal Studios California? I thought it was only announced for Florida?
          Hasn't been announced yet, but the construction on the lower lot is assumed to be the unspoken mushroom kingdom.

Comment

I was under the impression Super Nintendo World is what they're calling the land and it has been announced as coming to ALL Universal Parks, but they haven't specified exactly what attractions will be at each or if they'll all be the same/very similar. Last I checked all we know is Japan's opening in 2020, Beijing 2021, Florida after that but no specific dates, and California after Florida but also no specific timeline announced.

What they've shown so far looks significantly more interesting than the Marvel stuff that's been announced.

Comment

Nintendoland is currently being built at a rapid pace on the lower lot of Universal Hollywood. It’s rumored to open in 2021, at the latest 2022, with a phase two in the future.

Comment

I didn’t know they were building Nintendo in Hollywood at all, that’s great news. The concept art I’ve seen so far looks really cool.

Comment

Universal Orlando does a lot of things really well. I really like it there, and I also can't wait for Epic Universe. WDW is a planning nightmare IMO where they want you to schedule yourself way beyond anything I want to plan ahead for a vacation. Also, if you aren't staying at their overpriced properties, you don't have a chance at the most popular Fastpasses since their onsite guests have so much more time to book them ahead. I love DL for this reason - you have to be there to get the Fastpasses. Much more fair IMO. We have all paid for our day in the park and deserve the chance to enjoy it. I have no problem with extra hours for onsite guests, etc, but at WDW they go way beyond that into totally unfair treatment IMO.

So, I love DL and the spontaneous nature of it where you can have a great time without being so regimented. I love Universal Orlando for similar reasons (plus it is actually very immersive and what they've done with the Harry Potter stuff is amazing). WDW = meh.

Comment

Its really sad, being a life long Disney fan, but Universal is blowing Disney away with the quality of their new attractions. They are doing everything right while Disney is coming up short repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                      Its really sad, being a life long Disney fan, but Universal is blowing Disney away with the quality of their new attractions. They are doing everything right while Disney is coming up short repeatedly.
                      I've heard the new Hagrid ride (Orlando) is amazing. Can't wait to try it on our trip in November!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X