Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why. So. Busy?

I am just wondering why Disneyland is expected to be/always is so danged busy on Columbus day when it is NOT a recognized holiday in California schools? We are going to Disneyland/Knott's/SFMM before, during, and after the holiday (By accident we planned it back in Jan), and it just seems crazy to be so busy when SO many schools and places of work (Really only seems like federal/government jobs) do not observe this day as a Holiday???

Utah schools are on fall break. Believe it or not it really makes a huge difference in park attendance. I think this contributes to the already popular Halloween season in the park. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Utah week is always hellena handbasket. There is a very large Utah education convention during those times, and it always results in super crowded parks. October in general is just crowded!

Comment

Some school districts in CA are also on Fall Break for the first two weeks in October. I just found a statistic (don't know if its true) that over one million K-12 students are in year round school districts in CA.

Comment

I think it's not only a factor of many year round schools and other states shutting for this time but also its the first 2 weeks really of all the Halloween decor and people are now in the mood for the holidays to begin and want to go get their selfies infant of a big pumpkin etc. Late Oct. it slows down a bit but as people either now want to wait for the Xmas season or have already got their FOMO fix earlier in the month. I am curious this year though as all the forcers are based on previous years and were also skewed slightly do to the 60th surge so this year for all we know it will be a ghost town.

Comment

Even though its not considered a holiday in CA, it's considered a holiday in 22 other states, and with 3 other states observing alternative holidays.
            So a good percentage of the crowds are out-of-state guests.
            A state by state guide on how Columbus Day is observed across the United States of America.

Comment

Arizona, Utah, and part of CA fall break. Plus Gay Days are this weekend, too, right? But it's mostly the fall break stuff along with Halloween, which is often a popular time for locals to go.

Comment

So much for lite summer crowds...those were the days...
                I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                  So much for lite summer crowds...those were the days...
                  Summer was heavenly. But I welcome our out of town visitors and hope they have a great time.
                  Last edited by Natalie Price; 10-06-2019, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Columbus Day falls on the same day as our Canadian Thanksgiving too (which is always the 2nd Monday in October). Maybe lots of us Canadians use their long weekend (and extend it a bit) to come down too?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X