Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal Help for Disneyland!

huyuyty
    Last edited by LittleMermaidIsMyJam; 10-05-2019, 05:05 AM.

Have the groom and bride go seated side by side on Space Mountain At the point where the on ride photo is taken, have the groom hold the ring box offering the ring to the bride to be. After the ride, have the groom insist on purchasing the attraction photo of the two together so she can see the proposal that was being made in the dark.
    Last edited by The Real McDuck; 10-07-2019, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Or do it on Splash Mountain with bride in front seat and everybody else behind her holds up signs that read "Will you marry me?"

Comment

Originally posted by spinycactus View Post
        Or do it on Splash Mountain with bride in front seat and everybody else behind her holds up signs that read "Will you marry me?"
        I think this would be better done on Mark Twain. Splash has too much going on. Attention will be divided, especially if you do this during the plunge.

Just have a bunch of people on Mark Twain behind you and hold up signs. Someone in front can take the picture. Don't even need CM assistance, but I guarantee they would be willing to help. We love stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthope View Post

I think this would be better done on Mark Twain. Splash has too much going on. Attention will be divided, especially if you do this during the plunge.

Just have a bunch of people on Mark Twain behind you and hold up signs. Someone in front can take the picture. Don't even need CM assistance, but I guarantee they would be willing to help. We love stuff like this.
          You are not allowed to bring signs into the park anymore. Tried to do an anniversary photo with my friends who used signs to propose in the parks in the past and we ended up having to photoshop the sign in because of the new rules. They are classified as "Banners" https://disneyland.disney.go.com/park-rules/ "

Comment

I feel like doing it on a high-speed ride is obnoxious and unromantic.

If you wait till park closing, then linger on Main Street for another hour, you should have the castle all lit up nearly to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
              I feel like doing it on a high-speed ride is obnoxious and unromantic.
              The point is that the moment is unsuspectingly captured in the ride photo but not revealed until the couple exits the line and sees the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPilot View Post

The point is that the moment is unsuspectingly captured in the ride photo but not revealed until the couple exits the line and sees the photo.
                I know, but it still seems obnoxious and unromantic to me. I understand the other partner will be surprised when he/she finally sees the photo, but what happens next? Is the other just going to drop on one night with wet socks amidst other equally riders scrambling to and fro in the cramped confines of those photo viewing areas?

To have it done in this matter -- and for Youtube no less -- takes attention off the solemnity of the moment, and instead makes it a contest of what would look "coolest" to everyone else.

Comment

It needs to be unique mainly because if he is planning on making a YouTube video off of it he doesn’t want it to be the same ol castle, fireworks, or wishing well proposal. Like I said, obnoxious to mention but his videos typically get 1 + million views... so its going to be seen...

Main ideas include Chewbacca proposing and the groom kicking him to the side saying something like “Hey! That’s my girl!... or just Chewbacca involved AT ALL would be AMAZING

Or to do it on a boat on Jungle Cruise either on a boat alone or with some guests, either way would need the Skipper’s help.

Orrrr thoughts on him having the ring in a case in the jewelry store on Main Street and when she starts looking at the counter she could see a box with her name on it? Again, would need a cast member to slip the box in the case.

Thanks for all the responses already!

Comment

Was that helpful at all? Thanks for your help cast member Natalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
                      It's ALL about getting views on Youtube. (oh...and there's a marriage proposal in there somewhere) So here's what you do. Everyone go to Toon Town and pretend you're all having a big fight with fists flying everywhere. That's guaranteed to get those one million+ views you're looking for.
                      Originally posted by LittleMermaidIsMyJam View Post
                      Was that helpful at all? Thanks for your help cast member Natalie.
                      LittleMermaidIsMyJam, I'm sorry you had to read that. The sad truth is that she has a long history on this forum (and elsewhere online) of hating on DL guests -- APers especially. Best to use the flag button to report her post to the mods (as I have and I'm sure others will)... and otherwise ignore her. Good luck with your proposal plans!
                      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

LittleMermaidIsMyJam, I'm sorry you had to read that. The sad truth is that she has a long history on this forum (and elsewhere online) of hating on DL guests -- APers especially. Best to use the flag button to report her post to the mods (as I have and I'm sure others will)... and otherwise ignore her. Good luck with your proposal plans!
                        Flagged as well. Ironic from someone who always complains about negativity on this board, but anyone with half a brain knows her posts are all BS.

Another idea: what if the group got on the railroad and after exiting one of the dark tunnels everyone suddenly sees the reveal.

Just curious, though, if it's going to be seen by millions anyway, just do it how you want to do it. I understand you're mixing personal with business, but you've already got your audience, you don't need to impress them. Do what is special for you, what you'll look back on decades from now. Those million faceless people will care less in six months time.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post

It's ALL about getting views on Youtube. (oh...and there's a marriage proposal in there somewhere) So here's what you do. Everyone go to Toon Town and pretend you're all having a big fight with fists flying everywhere. That's guaranteed to get those one million+ views you're looking for.
                          Oh “Natalie”.
                          Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

You could try enlisting the help of the Dapper Dans.

Or have everyone in your group practice singing a song beforehand and they sing it while you propose.

Or go to Fantasyland first thing when the park opens. Have somebody find Peter Pan (he's always roaming around there in the morning) and tell him about the proposal "game" that you guys want him to play with you. Get down on 1 knee and ask your sweetie to be your Wendy and you'll be her Peter.

Comment

Or do the proposal on the Storybook Land Canal Boats.

Comment

Proposal is a special moment and time - to the both your life .......
                                with that .......
                                I just want to Wish you Both ,the Best..

ps.......only suggestion to give........
                                Get down on 1 knee-It's the rule , for some reason !.....lol
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Blue Bayou, of course! It's quiet, romantic and magical.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
                                    Just curious, though, if it's going to be seen by millions anyway, just do it how you want to do it.
                                    Oh, is he doing this as a stunt? That's too bad. Takes the romance out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMermaidIsMyJam View Post
                                      It needs to be unique mainly because if he is planning on making a YouTube video off of it he doesn’t want it to be the same ol castle, fireworks, or wishing well proposal. Like I said, obnoxious to mention but his videos typically get 1 + million views... so its going to be seen...
                                      I was just about to excitedly post my own Disneyland proposal story as a suggestion that he could steal, and then I saw this...

Lame. I would tell him that if his primary goal is to get YouTube views, he should probably come up with his own idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthope View Post

Oh, is he doing this as a stunt? That's too bad. Takes the romance out of it.

Originally posted by GreatAndoski View Post

I was just about to excitedly post my own Disneyland proposal story as a suggestion that he could steal, and then I saw this...

Lame. I would tell him that if his primary goal is to get YouTube views, he should probably come up with his own idea.
                                        Last edited by Natalie Price; 10-08-2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X