Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing Pregnancy to Family at Disneyland

We just found out that we are pregnant with baby #2! woot woot! It also so happens that we will be at Disneyland the second week of November for a family trip with my wife's family. We will be 10 weeks along at that point and will feel safe making an announcement, plus how fun is it to be with family at the happiest place on earth. We are trying to figure out how to let the family know. We looked into having a cake brought to the table at dinner, but the cost was $45 for a celebration cake and couldn't be customised. We need suggestions! This won't be a gender reveal, just letting them know more grandkids to spoil.

Thank you for any help!

Congratulations! That definitely deserves an extra Brent Rambo thumbs up!

I knew someone who her parents while waiting for the parade. They sat with her firstborn right underneath the rope, then as she got up to get a picture of the three of them she announced "we're expecting!" and captured their shocked/excited faces. It's not the most flashy announcement ever, but was certainly fun to hear about.

Comment

Maybe at some point, the 3 of you sort of put your arms around each other (kid in the middle) and simply say 'next year, it'll be 4 of us'.

Comment

Congratulations!
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Congratulations on the news! That is beyond exciting and like you said, what setting could be better? There is none lol

It would be fun to see your first born in a shirt that could say I'm going to be a big brother or big sister. But that is a little difficult to hide all day long. I know we surprised our parents by handing them some baby clothes we got in the park and said "could you guys hold onto this for another 8 or so months until we're going to need them?" So you could do some baby clothes shopping on Main Street? I'm sure there is 1,000 different ways, you'll find a great one! Congrats!

Comment

On Etsy you can find shirts that say "future Disney addict" around the belly.

Walk in, or return to the table, wearing the shirt and soon enough they'll get the reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bedrock Legend View Post
              We looked into having a cake brought to the table at dinner, but the cost was $45 for a celebration cake and couldn't be customised. We need suggestions! This won't be a gender reveal, just letting them know more grandkids to spoil.

Thank you for any help!
              Have the cake brought to the table. Before it's cut, hand out 8 cake-decorating candy letters (the kind that you can get at the supermarket) to your guests. Play a game where you ask "Who has an I?" then "Who has a T?" and so on, directing them to place each letter in succession on the cake, until it spells out ITS A BABY.
              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

Comment

We dressed our daughter in a shirt that said I'm the big sister to announce to our parents the 2nd one was on the way. We didn't say anything until my mom noticed the shirt and asked to who? It was a fun way to announce it while we were out to eat.
                BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Everyone in your family lines up for the incredicoaster. The pregnant woman gets sad and tells the rest to have a good time. They ask her why she won't be joining them, she tells them she pobably shouldn't since she's with child. The family goes on the coaster without her, anyway.

Comment

I don’t know if this is possible, but maybe have Mickey or one of the other characters deliver a note with the news.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Sorry, but every time I see the topic, I have to think twice about it. Announcing Pregnancy to Family at Disneyland....I think the doctor should inform the patient and her family in the privacy of his office. Not at Disneyland.
                      Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sailor310 View Post
                        Sorry, but every time I see the topic, I have to think twice about it. Announcing Pregnancy to Family at Disneyland....I think the doctor should inform the patient and her family in the privacy of his office. Not at Disneyland.
                        is......is this A sarcasm?

Comment

Nope. As I said, everytime I read that title, it struck me as funny if you take it wrong. I understand what the OP meant. Just trying to bring a smile to a few faces with a play on words. That's why I explained it and added the winky face.
                          Last edited by sailor310; 10-10-2019, 02:07 PM.
                          Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sailor310 View Post

Nope. As I said, everytime I read that title, it struck me as funny if you take it wrong. I understand what the OP meant. Just trying to bring a smile to a few faces with a play on words. That's why I explained it and added the winky face.
                            I appreciated your sense of humor!

Comment

Originally posted by Bedrock Legend View Post

I appreciated your sense of humor!
                              Thanks. Sometimes a little too dry and quirky.
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Sneak a big brother/sister short onto your kid, and just wait and see who notices it a d when
                                "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X