Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiki Room CMs...Are they getting lazy?

I've noticed in recent months that the Cast Members working in the Tiki Room are getting more and more indolent. Usually the Host or Hostess will say something like, "Now we have to wake up our Master of Ceremonies, Jose. Wake up Jose!" The Cast Members will usually have a stick and tap Jose's post and magically, he wakes up and the show starts.
    For the longest time when I was little and even when I was in middle and high school, I thought that the show only started when the Cast Member tapped Jose's post. Maybe there was some sort of mechanism on his post that signaled when the stick hit his post, because Jose would always wake up at that point and never before.

Well, the magic faded away as today's Tiki Room Cast Members are not doing the tapping anymore. Every once in a great while will I see a Host or Hostess do it the way it is supposed to be done, but most of the time, they do not. Sometimes, the Host will do something like, just stand in the corner and tell everyone to start clapping. Or he/she will just tell everyone to say "Wake up Jose!", which I suppose isn't that bad, but sometimes the CM won't do anything! Jose will just wake up without any CM "help". That's why I call it laziness. It may be a small little insignificant thing to bring up, but I love the Tiki Room and even a little thing as tapping Jose's post is much better than making everyone clap not doing anything at all!

Re: Tiki Room CMs...Are they getting lazy?

Oh Yaaa ..More mice chat knitting kneedle fun...Yep the Cast Members Suck..Happy?

Comment

Originally posted by symbolic View Post
      Oh Yaaa ..More mice chat knitting kneedle fun...Yep the Cast Members Suck..Happy?
      Oh come on dude.... If people didn't have an opinion here would that make you happy? Guess we should all be silent by your standard.
      Last edited by Seawolf; 11-21-2007, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Little things like that are what I expect when I take my kids to Disneyland. I remember those special 'show' moments from when I was a kid and I want my kids to have the same magical experience I had. I do get a bit upset when I see a 'slip' in the quality of the show.

Sorry, but I agree with the op.
        "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

Comment

Originally posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
          Little things like that are what I expect when I take my kids to Disneyland. I remember those special 'show' moments from when I was a kid and I want my kids to have the same magical experience I had. I do get a bit upset when I see a 'slip' in the quality of the show.

Sorry, but I agree with the op.
          Exactly, the little things are what make Disneyland special and when they are removed why shouldn't we speak up about it? I don't understand the mentality behind individuals who blatently support these actions when Disneyland becomes more and more ordinary everytime they take this stuff away.

Comment

So I should be silent? Sounds retarded to me.

Comment

No, but attacking the poster in such a rude manner is uncalled for. An opinion is one thing but flaming is another.

Comment

I'd love to play with you but I gota go!
                P.S. attacking C.M.'s used to be rude around here. but whatever. And you seem to be flaming as well
                Cheers!

Comment

You don't have to be silent, but the manor in which you respond and the attitude that you display with your response can affect people perceptions of your opinions.

I'm not sure if overall all of the Tiki room CM's are getting lazy, or if its a hit and miss thing. When I was there last month, a male CM actually woke up Jose, and even said has he walked away, "And don't call me Senorita!" (Since the speil is still the same one used from back when it was exclusively women who worked Tiki.)

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I don't consider what he said an attack on the CM's. It was merely a suggestion pointing out that they should provide the same entertainment that previous CM's have done for over 40 years now.

And you seem to be flaming as well
                    Cheers!
                    Sometimes people need a good taste of their own medicine to get the point across.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                      You don't have to be silent, but the manor in which you respond and the attitude that you display with your response can affect people perceptions of your opinions.

I'm not sure if overall all of the Tiki room CM's are getting lazy, or if its a hit and miss thing. When I was there last month, a male CM actually woke up Jose, and even said has he walked away, "And don't call me Senorita!" (Since the speil is still the same one used from back when it was exclusively women who worked Tiki.)
                      Exactly. He wasn't bashing CMs in general, he was just saying that a few of them at the Tiki Room aren't doing their job. I think it's justifiable to call these select individuals lazy if they're not doing their job.

It's been a hit or miss thing for me. I get really weirded out and disappointed when the CM doesn't make the effort to make sure that we wake up Jose. At first I figured the CM maybe had something more urgent to attend to, but once I started seeing it happen about every other trip-well, it's upsetting. While it doesn't make or break the show for me, the CM is dismissing an important moment to bring the audience into the show.

I was very pleased on my last trip, however, to see a guy wake up Jose, and when Jose called him "seniorita", he turned back, looked like he was about to say something, then gave up and walked away. It amused the majority of the guests in the room, so to make that kind of effort, I think, is important.

Another time I saw one of the CMs pick a little boy who was visiting Disneyland for the first time and had the privilege to wake Jose up. That was a nice touch, too.

Comment

The last few times the CM has tapped Jose. When they don't, it may sound stupid but I feel cheated.

Comment

I don't remember what the host(ess) did last time I was there...I love the story about the man looking meaningfully at Jose and then walking away, though, pineapplewhipaddict. ) Cast members really have SO many opportunities to improve the guest experience. Naturally, being in that position for so many hours so many days of so many weeks means it's got to be hard to keep it "fresh"...but there are CMs who pull it off, and boy, would I like to join their ranks.

Comment

I like it when they tap to wake him up too. It does seem more magical that way that the CM really is waking the bird! I also like it when they choose a child to do it, I've only seen it done with a little girl (probably because of the "senorita" part) and they usually look ecstatic to get to be a part of the show.

I haven't had a male CM who reacted to being called Senorita.. not that I remember at least. they just kinda ignored it.. I think. I'd like to see it though, I think that would be cute.

Comment

Sounds brilliant to me...

Comment

A little variety is good every now and then. But when Jose just starts the show by himself... to me, that's crossing the line.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                                -Jurassic Park

Comment

I've been there plenty of times and have seen it all. My favorite is when the CM says don't call me senorita, least favorite is when they in fact do nothing but start the show. Then again I really miss the Offenbach number and wish they would bring it back, but it would be nice if the CM's working as hosts showed some consistency.

Comment

As a CM who use to work Tiki all the time I have to say I noticed the lazyness also... they dont even say ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHA when the doors first open anymore. And I always hated when Tiki CMs would tell the guests to yell "wake up Jose" ruins the show in my opinion. I use to always say "Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls the moment you have been waiting for the host of the show.......JOSE!!!!...... (waits a few seconds) taps perch "wake up Jose its show time"........ Jose: Ahhhh Buenos Dias Senorita ME: HEY Watch it bird

Comment

Those C.Ms are soo lazy, I was just kidding fools. Duh we all know how lame they are sometimes =) Now eat some Turkey!

Comment

It doesn't really bother me, but I guess it would make a big difference and make it even more magical then it is now.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X