Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Need for Bitch and Moan Sub-Forum

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need for Bitch and Moan Sub-Forum

    Aloha,

    For whatever reason(s), it appears to me of all of the Disneyland Boards/ Forums, the Micechat Disneyland Forum is easily the most negative. Don't know why. Perhaps because it consists of highly talented, insightful members who provide inside/ historical information/trends which conflicts with mainstream content. However, they present their viewpoint not in a logical polite debate mode but instead have a tendency to deliver their opinions in a very emotionally negative tangent.

    I greatly enjoy the precious tidbits often provided on Micechat. However, the negativity, attacks of anyone who disagrees with them and the constant barrage of negativity overall is wearing thin.

    Its to the point that their hatred of Disney and its senior leadership has no boundaries. Disney can't do anything right. People complain about overcrowding in the parks but are upset with rising prices and cost cutting measures resulting in less crowded parks. Personally, I don't know how else Disney can reduce over crowding and maintain their income stream to pay for maintenance and upkeep, increased pay and benefits of its invaluable employees and cash for future re-investing back into the parks.

    So perhaps the Board Monitors should start a Bitch and Moan sub-forum. All complaining/negative commentary to be located at one site allowing the rest of us to enjoy the Board minus the constant barrage of negativity. All anti-Bob comments, anti-Disney, anti-SWGE, all negative comments and attacks, etc...would be located in one sub-forum. If anyone wants to wade into the sea of negativity, it would be located at one site for everyone's enjoyment. Allowing the rest of us a Board of joy and happiness of a site we passionately hold dear to our hearts.

  • #2
    A post voicing a complaint about other people voicing their complaints.

    Comment


    • #3
      To use your language, this is the Bitch and Moan sub-forum, and has been since Al Lutz started Micechat. It has definitely taken a turn for more negativity in recent years as long-term members can tell you. Some of that has always been there, but much of it is directly influenced by the company's recent decisions. Al didn't write his first update in years because management is headed in the right direction.

      As for the general culture on Micechat, some people take one-sided viewpoints, but as you said plenty do not. I agree that sometimes members are too negative sometimes, but this is exactly the place for it and we have found it on the internet. Additionally, I think everyone will say there is always room for Disney to do right, but we just aren't being given a lot to work with. Now if you want to talk about the trade-offs between overcrowding and high prices that is an excellent discussion that is worth having, but should that stay on the forum or go to your proposed designated subform?

      There is always room for trip reports, questions being answered, sharing pictures, and more on these forums. The fact is many of Micechat's users who did this left to Facebook where it's easier to appreciate simplicity and lack of nuance surrounding recent park additions and changes. Perhaps that will be a better place to direct your time.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by guynhawaii View Post
        Aloha,

        For whatever reason(s), it appears to me of all of the Disneyland Boards/ Forums, the Micechat Disneyland Forum is easily the most negative. Don't know why. Perhaps because it consists of highly talented, insightful members who provide inside/ historical information/trends which conflicts with mainstream content. However, they present their viewpoint not in a logical polite debate mode but instead have a tendency to deliver their opinions in a very emotionally negative tangent.

        I greatly enjoy the precious tidbits often provided on Micechat. However, the negativity, attacks of anyone who disagrees with them and the constant barrage of negativity overall is wearing thin.

        Its to the point that their hatred of Disney and its senior leadership has no boundaries. Disney can't do anything right. People complain about overcrowding in the parks but are upset with rising prices and cost cutting measures resulting in less crowded parks. Personally, I don't know how else Disney can reduce over crowding and maintain their income stream to pay for maintenance and upkeep, increased pay and benefits of its invaluable employees and cash for future re-investing back into the parks.

        So perhaps the Board Monitors should start a Bitch and Moan sub-forum. All complaining/negative commentary to be located at one site allowing the rest of us to enjoy the Board minus the constant barrage of negativity. All anti-Bob comments, anti-Disney, anti-SWGE, all negative comments and attacks, etc...would be located in one sub-forum. If anyone wants to wade into the sea of negativity, it would be located at one site for everyone's enjoyment. Allowing the rest of us a Board of joy and happiness of a site we passionately hold dear to our hearts.
        It’s a big part of why these forums have died off.

        Comment


        • #5
          Actually I think they die off because of the compression of good dialogue. Other forums have very active engagement where people complain and vigorously debate. A forum where everyone has to wear a tight smile and pretend will quickly become a ghost town.

          If there are good things to discuss, they should be discussed, if there are problems, people should be free to vent.

          A culture of mutual respect is always healthy regardless.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
            A post voicing a complaint about other people voicing their complaints.

            Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
            Actually I think they die off because of the compression of good dialogue. Other forums have very active engagement where people complain and vigorously debate. A forum where everyone has to wear a tight smile and pretend will quickly become a ghost town.

            If there are good things to discuss, they should be discussed, if there are problems, people should be free to vent.

            A culture of mutual respect is always healthy regardless.
            I Agree with You both..........
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

            Comment


            • #7
              Sometimes the negativity can get to be too much, I agree.

              But I like the criticism, for the most part, as long as a salient point is being made. I believe the company is on the wrong path and it's nice to see others who agree, and make points I haven't thought of. And defenders change my mind, in some cases!

              But if constant criticism puts you in a bad mood, this is definitely not the place for you.
              Last edited by J. Thaddeus Toad; 10-10-2019, 05:10 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Click image for larger version

Name:	mumy-twilight-zone.jpg
Views:	858
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	8605057
                Walt would have loved GE as much as he loved the orange groves.

                Live from beautiful downtown Batuu, Iger and Chapek present GE.

                Calling Star Wars "Disney" is the same as calling American Flyer "Lionel"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Zorro View Post
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	mumy-twilight-zone.jpg Views:	14 Size:	33.4 KB ID:	8605057
                  Charles William Mumy Jr.
                  Twilight Zone at it BEST !.........LoL
                  Last edited by Eagleman; 10-10-2019, 07:15 PM.
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I love Disney...I love working for Disney...Galaxy's Edge is Awesome...I'm happy staying with Disney. It's a mystery to me why that angers people on micechat.
                    Last edited by Natalie Price; 10-10-2019, 05:36 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Is MiceChat really that negative tho?

                      I mean people voice their opinions, that's what a forum is for. I think in a lot of cases people mistake negativity for passion. Disney has set a standard, an expectation. When it's not met, fans feel the need to express their opinion, and often, it can be perceived as negative.
                      That doesn't neccesarily make it so.
                      That's passion, from fans, pushing Disney to be better, do better and push further is an underlieing force that creates better theme parks and uphold a standard known throughout Disney parks.

                      I don't think it's realistic to expect posters to avoid calling out execs for perceived mishandling of park projects and operations and confine all criticism to one location for two reasons. 1) Who would visit? 2) True, honest opinions and ideas that are posted on these boards that spur conversation and debate would become bland and boring and pointless.

                      Disneyland has good eras and bad and a whole mix of in between. It's the fans, it's the critics and it's the dreamers that push those stages from one suit to the next. So embrace the process, and understand, it's not hate, it's passion. There is always another exec just around the corner.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think some members' frustration is they feel that Disneyland is declining compared to Walt's era. It's their opinion, and that's fine. No one is saying that it should be the correct opinion.

                        I keep an open mind about how DLR is run. I'm fair, but I'm not going to be naive of how a business works.And I might voice my opinion here or there, but I'm not going instantly jump to any conclusions.

                        My biggest concerns are when threads get out of hand. For instance, a thread will start out as something simple, like a price increase announcement or details of a new ride. And yet somehow by Page 4, the topic is forgotten about and we are talking about either about the economy, philosophy or having personal arguement over past post.

                        I think there are times to rant, and thing to get upset about (like I'm still bitter over some of the Disneyland Hotel Changes, like the waterfall removal). But if ranting and criticism is the only reason for posting on MC, then it begs the question: If you dislike it so much, then why do you still like Disneyland?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by guynhawaii View Post
                          So perhaps the Board Monitors should start a Bitch and Moan sub-forum.
                          Looks like we've got a "Bitch and Moan" topic, anyway!
                          Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                            I think there are times to rant, and things to get upset about (like I'm still bitter over some of the Disneyland Hotel Changes, like the waterfall removal). But if ranting and criticism is the only reason for posting on MC, then it begs the question: If you dislike it so much, then why do you still like Disneyland?
                            :-/
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I've been around since 2005, when MiceChat and Disneyland were both in their glory days. There were more active members then there are now in relation to how many members we had Now the stats say we have 600 active members, but when you check whose online it's only 25 or so. 400 guests are looking in. The members with the largest number of posts are all mostly gone. They have either forgotten about MicChat all together, or they do their MiceChatting on Facebook. So MiceChat's existance now is that of a revolving door of members. They register, post for a while, leave, or stick around long enough to complain how negative it is here. Not too many new members are delighted how "MiceChat" has their own truth to tell, and they aren't afraid to tell it. It's the way things have alway been around here. It's just more glaring, because of the diminished numbers of members who opt to show up, and put in their 2 cents.

                              BarbaraAnn

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                                The fact is many of Micechat's users who did this left to Facebook where it's easier to appreciate simplicity and lack of nuance surrounding recent park additions and changes. Perhaps that will be a better place to direct your time.
                                I just checked out Micechat's Facebook page. A fair amount of "Bitching and Moaning" there, too. I guess people just like the opportunity to vent...
                                Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                                  A post voicing a complaint about other people voicing their complaints.
                                  Yep. On social media or chat forums, "Complaining about Complainers" is one of the most common topics. Be it discussion forums about cars, cameras, computers or theme parks, when it comes to defending their favorite brand, some fans can't resist appointing themselves officers of the Negativity Police.

                                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                  designed to appeal to everyone."

                                  - Walt Disney

                                  "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                  - Michael Eisner

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by guynhawaii View Post
                                    So perhaps the Board Monitors should start a Bitch and Moan sub-forum. All complaining/negative commentary to be located at one site allowing the rest of us to enjoy the Board minus the constant barrage of negativity. All anti-Bob comments, anti-Disney, anti-SWGE, all negative comments and attacks, etc...would be located in one sub-forum. If anyone wants to wade into the sea of negativity, it would be located at one site for everyone's enjoyment. Allowing the rest of us a Board of joy and happiness of a site we passionately hold dear to our hearts.
                                    You are calling for the segregation of one segment of the forum's membership, namely, the segment whose opinions you don't like. Such an action is antithetical to the forum's foundation and purpose.

                                    Instead, you should exercise one of the many options you have to experience the "joy and happiness" that you seek. Such options include: not reading the posts of members whose opinions you don't like; joining one of the many Disney forums and social media sites that forbid criticism of Disney; or starting your own forum and enforcing your own rules.
                                    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                    designed to appeal to everyone."

                                    - Walt Disney

                                    "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                    - Michael Eisner

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

                                      Yep. On social media or chat forums, "Complaining about Complainers" is one of the most common topics. Be it discussion forums about cars, cameras, computers or theme parks, when it comes to defending their favorite brand, some fans can't resist appointing themselves officers of the Negativity Police.
                                      Oh I know it well. I made a post today on the disboards Disneyland forum and Disney's corporate defenders attacked. How dare I speak ill of the greedy mouse's poor service !! But I think my guitar forums are the worse. People there are are like Jim Jones's koolaid drinkers when it comes to their brand or style of play.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

                                        Yep. On social media or chat forums, "Complaining about Complainers" is one of the most common topics. Be it discussion forums about cars, cameras, computers or theme parks, when it comes to defending their favorite brand, some fans can't resist appointing themselves officers of the Negativity Police.
                                        One's I dislike is the
                                        Censorship Police.............
                                        were they think there
                                        Opinions .....is one and only that counts!
                                        Last edited by Eagleman; 10-10-2019, 10:52 PM.
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X