Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olga's Cantina wait times?

For those of you who have been to Oga's Cantina, how long have you waited to sit down or get a spot? What is the waiting situation like?
    Last edited by mouseketeer07; 10-15-2019, 11:09 AM.
    I'll never grow up...
    Peter Pan

Originally posted by mouseketeer07 View Post
    For those of you who have been to Olga's Cantina, how long have you waited to sit down or get a spot? What is the waiting situation like?
    You typically can’t just walk in. You need a reservation ahead of time. The line for once you have a reservation is typically around 15 minutes.

Comment

It also sounds like the Cantina will be starting to book 60 days out in advance soon, if they aren't already. If that helps at all.
      "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post
        It also sounds like the Cantina will be starting to book 60 days out in advance soon, if they aren't already. If that helps at all.
        Yea, I knew this. A friend of mine is trying to get reservations for November but nothing is available. I'm trying to see if you can walk in and how bad the waiting is
        I'll never grow up...
        Peter Pan

Comment

It is my understanding that they do not accept walk-ins (I've been twice, both times with reservations).

I believe they do hold some reservation slots for the day-of. So if you see nothing available for a certain date in advance, they do release more reservation openings early that morning for that day.

Once you arrive to check-in at your assigned time, you do have about 15 minutes of waiting in line outside before you are seated.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseketeer07 View Post

Yea, I knew this. A friend of mine is trying to get reservations for November but nothing is available. I'm trying to see if you can walk in and how bad the waiting is
            You can't book reservations for November yet. Currently, you can only make a reservation 2 weeks ahead of time. Starting on 10/21 you will be able to book 60 days out.
            If you have a reservation, you show up 15 minutes before your reservation to check-in and typically are seated by your reservation time. I do not believe they are taking walk-ins.

Comment

For the times we’ve to Oga’s, it’s about 10-15 minutes in line to get to the entrance. Since we’ve always asked for a table, then about 20 minutes more before you sit down. We’ve never stayed the entire hour you’re allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by DsnyRnr View Post

You can't book reservations for November yet. Currently, you can only make a reservation 2 weeks ahead of time. Starting on 10/21 you will be able to book 60 days out.
                Is that official or rumor? I feel like every time I give myself a calendar reminder for when I need to try to book reservations for my next trip, they change the window.

Comment

Meh. Been there once. My wife and I were seated at a crowded table with 6-8 strangers. Couldn’t really enjoy the atmosphere without sitting backwards in our chairs. Makes me think of those crappy bars people go to to be seen rather than have a enjoyable experiance.
                  Last edited by javajunkee; 10-15-2019, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theatremouse View Post

Is that official or rumor? I feel like every time I give myself a calendar reminder for when I need to try to book reservations for my next trip, they change the window.
                    It's official. Disney announced in on the Disney Parks Blog on Monday.

Comment

We were just there last weekend. No walk-ins, they turned away groups almost non-stop while we were waiting in line for our reservation time. It was probably like 15 minutes or so before we got in, and placed with a group of strangers around basically a barrel that we had to stand at. The DJ was at the other side of the cantina so we couldn't really watch him. There were a bunch of kids up at the bar with their parents. Too much standing room, not enough chairs. We waited a decent bit of time to actually get our drinks, but the drinks were pretty good (at least mine was).

Comment

Originally posted by igmo View Post
                        It is my understanding that they do not accept walk-ins (I've been twice, both times with reservations).

I believe they do hold some reservation slots for the day-of. So if you see nothing available for a certain date in advance, they do release more reservation openings early that morning for that day.

Once you arrive to check-in at your assigned time, you do have about 15 minutes of waiting in line outside before you are seated.
                        Yes, this is completely, definitely true. More same-day reservation slots are released every morning at 7am. This worked for us a couple weeks ago - while sitting in the hotel eating breakfast, I was able to book a reservation for that afternoon. Set an alarm!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X