Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sense. I tried to eat here with some friends, but they all looked at the menu and collectively said: "eww I want to eat regular food and not weird alien food"... They said that verbatim.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
      Oh, a few minor tweaks can fix this all up:

"Iger/Lucas Beef" Pot Roast
      "Chapek's Lost His Noodles" and Shrimp Salad
      "PR's Blowin' Smoke"'d Ribs
      "Catherine Powell's Fired Fried Chicken"

Brilliant!

I lost the bet, I expected it to happen earlier...

we walked around trying to figure out what was what, laughing about learning to read Batuuian...
      friend commented, "well, fine for trekkies but, I have a life....."

he also says "sit on a spire" instead of “May the Spires Keep You”

imagine if they expected you to chew on a leaf in BugsLand...
      ​​​​​​​

Comment

It does make sense in the eating of regular food and not alien food not pun intended.

Comment

It appears the menu in Orlando has been changed to include themed references once more! Though it would seem they have decided to meet both sides in the middle with the name changes: https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-...se-once-again/

The food is still named to fit the theme of the area but they've made it a bit easier for Guests to figure out exactly what is being ordered in the initial food title. They basically kept generic enough names a slipped a Star Wars-type word into the titles as non-intrusively as they felt was necessary.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7605.jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.4 KB ID:	8606580

Still not sure if this has affected our location here in Disneyland, though. I'm happy enough to have this as a compromise and meet the other side in the middle here. While something like "Braised Shaak Roast" is more thematically enjoyable for me in the area, even a simple change to "Batuuan Beef Pot Roast" is better in my mind than "Beef Pot Roast" and I feel will make both sides happy enough. Easy enough to figure out for folks who have maybe had a long day with their kids and don't want to think too hard but still fun and themed.
          "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

The 2nd of two bone-headed, imo, decisions that got the fans complaining enough for Disney to reverse course (the other being re-implementing the free Fuel-rod swaps).

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
              The 2nd of two bone-headed, imo, decisions that got the fans complaining enough for Disney to reverse course (the other being re-implementing the free Fuel-rod swaps).
              -and let's not forget the Main Street Cinema! I hadn't even heard they re-implemented free fuel rod swaps. Good to know!
              "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post

-and let's not forget the Main Street Cinema!
                Oh yeah, how could I forget that travesty? <shudders>

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7605.jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.4 KB ID:	8606580

Well - this
                  menu will make ever one more happy
                  and I sure Disneyland will be the same soon..........

note: I was one who wants to know , what I ordering (food wise)
                  than going by any fancy name.
                  Last edited by Eagleman; 11-01-2019, 03:59 PM.
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_7605.jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.4 KB ID:	8606580

Well - this
                    menu will make ever one more happy
                    and I sure Disneyland will be the same soon..........

note: I was one who wants to know , what I ordering (food wise)
                    than going by any fancy name.
                    I don't know: at least if it was called "Tip Yip" or "Kaduu" I could convince myself it was something exotic and worth the inflated price I was paying.
                    Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post

I don't know: at least if it was called "Tip Yip" or "Kaduu" I could convince myself it was something exotic and worth the inflated price I was paying.
                      Well price.....is another issue........
                      But one does need to know is the worth is there !
                      Agree
                      Another reason why ,I like to know what I'M ordering.
                      Small
                      Bottle of Water $4.25 - NO WAY- ........................
                      Last edited by Eagleman; 11-01-2019, 06:40 PM.
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Was at Docking bay prior to the firework show a few weekends ago and was asked by the cast member if I was confused by the menu or had questions. I said no but thanks. We just gotta read the second and third lines.... but really thinking the menu will change in Anaheim soon too if cast members were asking customers.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyG View Post
                          Was at Docking bay prior to the firework show a few weekends ago and was asked by the cast member if I was confused by the menu or had questions. I said no but thanks. We just gotta read the second and third lines.... but really thinking the menu will change in Anaheim soon too if cast members were asking customers.
                          imo-
                          I sure Disneyland change as well ..........
                          specially if now they have
                          cast members asking customers , if there any confusion
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X