Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parkhopping when capacity is full

I’ve heard that New Years is very busy and the parks sometimes close because they’re full. Does that mean that you can’t park hop or you won’t be able to get back in? If so, how likely are the parks to be at capacity on New Years Eve and Day, and would it be a waste of money to get park hopper tickets? What do you think? Are you guaranteed entrance if you stay at a Disney hotel?

When a park starts to reach capacity they start restricting entry by phases.

1. At the ticket booths they stop selling 1-day 1-park tickets for the park that is reaching capacity.

2. They stop all new entries into the park reaching capacity. Re-entry is still allowed.

3. All entries are restricted.

Its rare that they reach phase 3 and the restrictions only last at most a few hours before opening back up.

If you want to guarantee entry in the park arrive early and enter Disneyland park first. Also make sure to get your hand stamped if they offer it.

The past two years they haven't had to restrict entry all that much during the winter holidays. Its still going to be SUPER busy but they probably wont reach capacity.
    For Disney Theme Park Video Click Here!

Comment

Done NYE for quite a few years now. There have only been a few times that it has reached complete closure of DL and that was only for a few hours in the later afternoon.

DCA has never reached capacity on NYE requiring a gate closure.

Yes, it is stupid busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan120420 View Post
        If you want to guarantee entry in the park arrive early and enter Disneyland park first. Also make sure to get your hand stamped if they offer it.
        The parks haven't offered hand stamps at the exits in several years.

Comment

I have done NYE a lot and have maybe seen DL actually not allow park hoppers in once as long a they already scanned in of course. DCA never as DisneyPilot stated. It is busy but you will have fun as long as you aren't trying to get on a ton of attractions. For me being there on NYE is because I like the atmosphere of the park. If it is your visit to the park then NYE is not the day to go
          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
          My company had a special night at the park
          WdW trip report with WWoHP
          NYE 2011 trip report
          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
          Leap year 24 hour report
          New DCA trip report
          NYE 2012
          HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by nemopoppins View Post
            Are you guaranteed entrance if you stay at a Disney hotel?
            If I read correctly, Disney Hotel Guests are still allowed in until Park reaches capacity. I could be wrong, though.

Comment

Originally posted by philosofy View Post

They did a couple of years ago when we were there.

Comment

Originally posted by philosofy View Post

Yes, I am aware.

It is however still procedure to issue hand stamps at the exit when the park is expected to hit capacity.
                For Disney Theme Park Video Click Here!

Comment

My wife went once in the 90's and swears she will never do it again. It was so packed with crushing crowds that her feet came off the ground at various points as she was pinched between other guests.

Comment

Oh thank you all so much for your help. Yes, I’m not expecting to get much done, I just don’t want to get stuck outside Disneyland instead of enjoying a proper NYE inside with the celebrating crowds. Just being there will be exciting enough, and now I can look forward to it without fear.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X