Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Another measles health warning involving Disneyland

ABC 7: Health officials warn of possible measles exposure at Disneyland

KTLA: Patient With Measles Who Visited Disneyland, L.A. Starbucks May Have Exposed Visitors: Health Officials

LA Times: Person with measles visited Disneyland while infectious

From the LA Times story:

"A Los Angeles County resident with measles went to Disneyland last week while infectious, public health officials confirmed Tuesday.

On Oct. 16, the resident went to the Starbucks at 3006 S. Sepulveda Blvd. in West Los Angeles before traveling to Disneyland.

Other people might have been exposed to measles at the locations. The case is linked to a recent case in L.A. County.

Anyone who was at the Starbucks location between 7:50 a.m. and 10 a.m., or at Disneyland between 9:15 a.m. and 8:35 p.m. is at risk of developing measles for up to 21 days after being exposed, county health officials said in a statement Tuesday night.

These residents should review their vaccination and medical records to determine whether they’re protected against measles.

People who have not had a measles infection previously or received the measles vaccination might not be immune and should talk with a health care provider about receiving the vaccination, which does not cause autism.

Anyone who visited the sites during the exposure time should contact and notify their healthcare provider as soon as possible about a potential exposure if they are pregnant, have a weakened immune system or are not vaccinated. Parents of infants should also contact their healthcare providers if their infants were at the sites during the exposure times.

The news comes about two months after a teenager from New Zealand visited Los Angeles and Orange counties and went to Disneyland in August while she was sick with measles."
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Sucks that people are going to the parks with or without knowing they're infected. It's also sad that we have to deal with these kinds of diseases in the first place given the lack of education on vaccinations. Get your vaccines if you'll be visiting a place with a lot of people, people!

Comment

"...or at Disneyland between 9:15 a.m. and 8:35 p.m. is at risk of developing measles for up to 21 days after being exposed, county health officials said in a statement Tuesday night." WOW...isn't this A LOT OF PEOPLE?! Holy moly. Get ready to show your health card along with your bag check in the future. Again, wow.

Comment

Measles is no joke. Not just for the sufferer, but Rubella can affect an unborn child if the pregnant woman contracts the disease. Back in the early 60s, one of my nieces was born with vision problems, a heart defect, and some developmental delays because her mom contracted Rubella.

Vaccinate, people! I'm old enough that I had to go through all the childhood diseases, they weren't fun. If you aren't sure of your immunization status, your doctor can run a blood test to tell you what immunities you have and you can update your vaccines. My DH wasn't sure if he'd had Chicken Pox so the doctor ran the test (he had). And if you are an adult who was immunized as a child, double check. My cousin's OB/GYN ran the test on my cousin and found that she was not immune to Measles, even though she'd been vaccinated as a child. He said that if you've had Measles you are immune for life, but that in some people if you are immune through vaccination, your immunity may 'wear out'.

Thus endeth the sermon for today. I hereby yield my soapbox.
        "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Vaccinate, folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubu View Post
            Get ready to show your health card along with your bag check in the future.
            I would not object to this. Where is the suggestion box there, again?

Comment

They should edit the opening day speech plaque on Main Street to read, “To all who come to this happy place, get vaccinated!”

Comment

Originally posted by Theme_Park_Insider View Post

I would not object to this. Where is the suggestion box there, again?
                Harbor House. It has a little logo with Pooh.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                  Measles is no joke. Not just for the sufferer, but Rubella can affect an unborn child if the pregnant woman contracts the disease. Back in the early 60s, one of my nieces was born with vision problems, a heart defect, and some developmental delays because her mom contracted Rubella.

Vaccinate, people! I'm old enough that I had to go through all the childhood diseases, they weren't fun. If you aren't sure of your immunization status, your doctor can run a blood test to tell you what immunities you have and you can update your vaccines. My DH wasn't sure if he'd had Chicken Pox so the doctor ran the test (he had). And if you are an adult who was immunized as a child, double check. My cousin's OB/GYN ran the test on my cousin and found that she was not immune to Measles, even though she'd been vaccinated as a child. He said that if you've had Measles you are immune for life, but that in some people if you are immune through vaccination, your immunity may 'wear out'.
                  Spot on!

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Woe...really is getting out of hand........Get Vaccinate !
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I think the anti-vaxxers are not going to change their stance, unfortunately. As it is, you have to vaccinate to send your child to school in CA and yet, some people find a way to avoid it anyway. I wish Disneyland would try doing something to prevent people with illness from entering the park. People should not have to avoid public places because some selfish people refuse to immunize.

This topic got me all riled up. lol So I went googling and found SB-276 will go into effect in 2021. At least the state is trying to increase immunizations by keeping track of schools with less than 90% vaccinated and doctors with excessive numbers of notes excusing students from vaccinations. Only those who a dr examines and states will be potentially harmed by the vaccine due to existing medical condition or family history will be exempt. It also adds a perjury charge to doctors who write false excuse notes.
                      Last edited by Sun Bonnet; 10-23-2019, 10:58 AM.
                      "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

It's so sad this could easily be prevented if humans were not selfish, ego filled, idiots. 100% brought on by anti-vaxxers. They'll never change their point of view though so I won't reply after this.

Comment

Update: because the person in question spent all of his time at Galaxy's Edge, health officials are expecting the measles infections at Disneyland to be minimal.

Seriously, as others have said, be up to date with your vaccinations especially if you're going to a place like Disneyland.

Comment

From the last episode

Comment

Selfish people refuse to immunize.
                              SELF-CENTER
                              They only care about themself......and they all around......
                              Nor Matter were you go!........SAD but True.
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Anti Vax people probably also follow the flat earth and “Moon Landing Is Fake” crowd. What annoys me is that it puts others at risk. Their own kids too! I think a lot of people today just believe the first thing that pops up on Google. Like those intentionally fake stories about how Chocolate helps you lose weight. Someone wrote the fake story as an experiment, and a lot of news outlets ran with it, without even checking the facts. I dont think anti vaxers have the mental ability to discern pseudo science from real science. I was watching the Science Channel, and one of the people in the interview had the title “Space Scientist”. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Troy Mcloure interviews a “Sciencetician”. Space Scientist? Probably because the average person doesn’t know the difference between cosmologist and cosmetologist.

Comment

This is a good Warning:
                                  Anyone who visited the sites during the exposure time should contact and notify their healthcare
                                  provider as soon as possible !
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                                    Anti Vax people probably also follow the flat earth and “Moon Landing Is Fake” crowd. What annoys me is that it puts others at risk. Their own kids too! I think a lot of people today just believe the first thing that pops up on Google. Like those intentionally fake stories about how Chocolate helps you lose weight. Someone wrote the fake story as an experiment, and a lot of news outlets ran with it, without even checking the facts. I dont think anti vaxers have the mental ability to discern pseudo science from real science. I was watching the Science Channel, and one of the people in the interview had the title “Space Scientist”. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Troy Mcloure interviews a “Sciencetician”. Space Scientist? Probably because the average person doesn’t know the difference between cosmologist and cosmetologist.
                                    Wait, WHAT? You mean it doesn't??? Damn. Guess I'll have to put that giant Cadbury's I was having for breakfast back in the fridge. Sigh, back to the non-fat cottage cheese.

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                                      Anti Vax people probably also follow the flat earth and “Moon Landing Is Fake” crowd.
                                      It's not reasonable to equate anti-vaxxers with both "flat earthers" and "moon landing skeptics".

All anti-vaxxers have to reject science because science proves they are wrong.

All flat earthers have to reject science because science proves they are wrong.

All moon landing skeptics do not have to reject science to support their beliefs. Sure, many do reject science and are skeptics for the wrong reasons, but there are also many people who are moon landing skeptics because they embrace science and they listen to what it tells them. The laws of nature don't care what nationality you are or what your government tells you to believe.

I won't derail this thread any more, but please don't make the assertion that anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, and moon landing skeptics belong in the same group.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

It's not reasonable to equate anti-vaxxers with both "flat earthers" and "moon landing skeptics".

All anti-vaxxers have to reject science because science proves they are wrong.

All flat earthers have to reject science because science proves they are wrong.

All moon landing skeptics do not have to reject science to support their beliefs. Sure, many do reject science and are skeptics for the wrong reasons, but there are also many people who are moon landing skeptics because they embrace science and they listen to what it tells them. The laws of nature don't care what nationality you are or what your government tells you to believe.

I won't derail this thread any more, but please don't make the assertion that anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, and moon landing skeptics belong in the same group.
                                        Completely agree. I don't think it's fair to put anti-vaxxers in the same crowd as flat earthers or moon landing skeptics. I don't see the latter two putting us giving us frequently public health risks.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X