Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuelrods will be $3 to swap starting November 1st

Well we knew it was coming, what a bummer. See here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/gue...qgzPCx41yzLTAk

Thats the end of using them for me.
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

Disney never ceases to amaze -- or surprise -- me with ways they can diminish your experience by giving you less for more. I'm all for a cell-phone free Disney, but when I see price increases, I like to see something for the money, other than normal inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
        Disney never ceases to amaze -- or surprise -- me with ways they can diminish your experience by giving you less for more. I'm all for a cell-phone free Disney, but when I see price increases, I like to see something for the money, other than normal inflation.
        Disney is in fact the last place that swapping was free. Most other places were charging back in June. This is a Fuelrod change and Disney likely forced them to hold off on it for a contractually mandated period of time.
        My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Comment

Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post

Disney is in fact the last place that swapping was free. Most other places were charging back in June. This is a Fuelrod change and Disney likely forced them to hold off on it for a contractually mandated period of time.
          Gotcha. I don't know much about them because I never use them. My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post

Yeah. Because Disney is just a small ma 'n pop organization that they have no influence on things.

Disney could have easily said, "Feulrods are going to remain free and if you have a problem with it, then pull your crap out."
            “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
            so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
            WDW Trips: '81
            EPCOT Trips: '93
            Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post
              Yeah. Because Disney is just a small ma 'n pop organization that they have no influence on things.

Disney could have easily said, "Feulrods are going to remain free and if you have a problem with it, then pull your crap out."
              Yep. But in the Chapek regime, anyone who suggested that in a meeting would have been branded as not-a-team-player. Management's mission is to invent new ways to nickel-and-dime the customer, not to help the customer by absorbing vendor costs. (And you can bet your last churro that someone has already pitched a plan to monetize phone charging as an in-park cash stream.)

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

Comment

I'm honestly surprised they managed to stave off paying for swapping for this long given how money hungry they are. Impressive!

Comment

This is why
                  Disney, wants there guest to use there phones in the parks so often !
                  so they can
                  nickel-and-dime the customer.............
                  Sure not about service to there guest......just a other upcharge !
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by pure supercool View Post
                    I'm honestly surprised they managed to stave off paying for swapping for this long given how money hungry they are.
                    Given TDA's notorious internal politics, one wonders if someone wasn't called on the carpet for allowing the Company to lose money for this long.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

No doubt Disney could've found another sponsor for these rods if the current company didn't want to ditch the new fee... And surprising that Disney hasn't created their own models. They can slap the latest millenial color or Disney character on them and charge $45 instead of the current $30... plus the $4 swap charge.

Comment

It seems like FuelRod is the only company of its kind. There are others that use similar 18650 cells for charging, but none that have kiosks for swapping.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind paying a $1 for a swap. $3? No thank you. 18650s can only store ~1000mAh. I don’t know about you guys, but I often make 2-3 swaps in a single day while I’m at Disneyland.

It’s a shame but there’s still people who will benefit from these kiosks.

Comment

Diminish Guest Experience is Disney drill
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Does Disney even own these kiosks? Or are they in the park from the company that makes them? I remember back in the day working at USH the penny press machines were not owned by USH, but a vendor. Are the fuelrod kiosks run by someone else? or do we just assume everything is DLR related?
                            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Meh. I have a portable charger just a tiny bit bigger than 2 stacked lipsticks that gives 2 full charges. I got it as a 'freebie', but you can buy it for about $16.00.

I never thought those fuel rods made sense anyway.
                              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                                Meh. I have a portable charger just a tiny bit bigger than 2 stacked lipsticks that gives 2 full charges. I got it as a 'freebie', but you can buy it for about $16.00.
                                Bingo. Here are more of them.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                - Bob Chapek

Comment

It's more financially smart to just go out and buy your own power bank. I just did a Google search and looked up at least 4 of them from reputable companies between $20 and $50 with 20000mAh. Depending on your phone, that's around 4-6 full charges and you would own it, can recharge it yourself without paying out the behind for a money grab like Disney's Fuel Rods. I don't know why someone would pay as much if not more money for something you're practically renting with a flat fee and, now, fees to swap them out multiple times a day.

Not only that, but if you're charging your phone multiple times a day on a power bank and it still drains, maybe you should look into getting a new phone or using the battery saver or just not running as many apps, turning down screen brightness, etc. There are multiple ways you can save batter without using a charger.

Comment

Well, I solved this problem by not carrying a cell phone around, but I get it that guests want to take as many pics as they can.

Pity. Free swaps seems like such a nice Guest Experience thing. Something were were all taught in the by-gone days.

I remember TGSing free ice cream to a kid who dropped his. I'd probably be fired for doing that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthope View Post
                                      Well, I solved this problem by not carrying a cell phone around, but I get it that guests want to take as many pics as they can.

Pity. Free swaps seems like such a nice Guest Experience thing. Something were were all taught in the by-gone days.

I remember TGSing free ice cream to a kid who dropped his. I'd probably be fired for doing that now.
                                      Yep. Pre-Eisner, having your name stitched on your souvenir Mickey Ears was free. Now it's an extra charge.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Yep. Pre-Eisner, having your name stitched on your souvenir Mickey Ears was free. Now it's an extra charge.
                                        Were UP- CHARGE came into play
                                        At Disney Parks !
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X