Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex Pass reviews

Hi all! We gave up our delux annual passes a few years ago due to the rising costs (and often to family traveling in and wanting us to go to the park on blackout dates.) I noticed the flex pass option recently, and it seems like a much better idea for us, since we’re local enough that spontaneous midweek trips are possible and the reservation system would let us plan for family stuff.

But we’d love to know from people who have had the flex pass - is it worth it? How fast do the reservations fill up in the 30 day window? Do you often get stuck unable to park hop? Any other restrictions that aren’t visible in the shiny marketing?

Would appreciate the advice - it’d be nice to be back at the parks!

I do not have a flex, but my sister and my friend both do. So far, they both have gotten every reservation they wanted. That's including a day of during D23 weekend and a Halloween party day. I imagine that might change as more people purchase the pass, but so far they have been super happy with it, considering they've pretty much made up their money already and have never been turned away yet. They do know it is a bit of a gamble though, since you really never know when you might not be able to get that reservation.

Comment

Our friends have Flex passes and so far they also have been able to get everyday they have wanted and even once went on a weekend and reserved the day before.

Like others have said though, it is a gamble and there is no cap that I know of on how many people can sign for the flex pass so over time this could be problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
        Our friends have Flex passes and so far they also have been able to get everyday they have wanted and even once went on a weekend and reserved the day before.

Like others have said though, it is a gamble and there is no cap that I know of on how many people can sign for the flex pass so over time this could be problematic.
        That great if there no Issue......( have to say it good deal )
        But the more guest that have them ......I still sure there be Issue.

I one that does not want to deal with the -
        reservation part it -
        again that me.
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Veterans Day weekend Fri - Sun was booked 20 days out. First weekend of Holiday. Other than that... haven't seen much block out. Thanksgiving weekends prior and after still open... including thanksgiving day.

Comment

If you are a person who goes consistently, like the first and 3rd Sunday of every month, you shouldn't have any problem reserving as long as you do it at least 20ish days ahead.

As others have already pointed out, you'll likely be out of luck if you try going on major days however, as people will literally be ready to snatch up those days as soon as they become reservable.

Comment

Oh wow. Friday after Thanksgiving was booked today. 30 days out. That weekend is going to go then as of this week. Looks like Holiday weekends will be hard to book for flex passes.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyG View Post
                Oh wow. Friday after Thanksgiving was booked today. 30 days out. That weekend is going to go then as of this week. Looks like Holiday weekends will be hard to book for flex passes.
                Keep watching the dates. The first time Veterans Day weekend was booked up, more reservations were added before it filled up a second time. I'm guessing that it's to give ops time to plan more CMs working those days if they didn't already have all hands on deck.

That said, does anyone know when reservations go live? Is it at midnight Pacific Daylight Time or midnight UTC?

Comment

Oh, probably obvious, but I didn't realize it so maybe others haven't either.

When reserving, make sure to check both parks separately, as selecting "both" will show a reservation day as full if one of the parks, usually DCA, is green/free while the other is still open for reservations. It might be an glitch, or even intentional to trick pass holders into just going to DCA on high crowd days, when they would have have been able to reserve DL on it's own with no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SkunkID View Post
                    Oh, probably obvious, but I didn't realize it so maybe others haven't either.

When reserving, make sure to check both parks separately, as selecting "both" will show a reservation day as full if one of the parks, usually DCA, is green/free while the other is still open for reservations. It might be an glitch, or even intentional to trick pass holders into just going to DCA on high crowd days, when they would have have been able to reserve DL on it's own with no issue.
                    I think you make a good point.......and I think you right about
                    "Check both parks Separately"
                    when doing the
                    Reservation.
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

I think you make a good point.......and I think you right about
                      "Check both parks Separately"
                      when doing the
                      Reservation.
                      Now that I've said it, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney fixed this "glitch" though.

As of right now, it still stands. If one of the park is free and the other is reservation required, it will automatically show that day as fully booked if you click the "both parks" option when reserving. If it changes any time soon and this thread is still alive, I'll update, since I reserve every other week

Comment

Working...
                      X