Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtown Disney Parking

I've not been to the resort in ages, lots of reasons. But I an wondering if the parking for DtD that was close to the DL Hotel still available. I want to go to Catal for dinner, but my AP has expired and I do not want to park in the structure.

Thanks,

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Sadly no, that lot is only for CM's and dropoffs, etc. The current DTD parking is the former lot parking for DLH and PPH. It makes it Abit longer of a walk sadly, and with still no general guest access to GCH, there is only the DLH and ESPN bag check to go through.

Comment

Bummer.... now where is the best place to ark for handicap access?
      -

Boom!

Comment

CUatDL, I am not pleased with the handicap parking. I said this on another post,
        "I am also disappointed in the handicap situation. They have so far not restored the same amount of spaces that Chip and Dale used to have. They have not added to the M and F floors. Then they’ve added a really inconvenient handicap area to PP. It’s hard to get to, and I have even run into employees who don’t know where it is. I really couldn’t even tell you where it is because I have had to ask every time—it’s complicated to get to and there are no signs. You have to be directed to the first floor and you don’t choose what floor you’re going to at M and F—and like I said PP closed their entrance early. I’ve asked employees who have not let me through to the first floor and just told me I had to take my luck with M and F handicapped—which is long gone by 3 or 4.

The PP handicap, when you can find it, does not go floor by floor. It’s a large area off on the right side of the elevators on the first floor. A large area is NOT ADEQUATE for handicap. If you are in the back of the large area, you are so far from the way to go it’s not funny. Even if you are in the front, you have to go down a loooong hallway with no seating, no signs, no artwork and poor lighting. It really seems like you’re in an unauthorized back area. Then you have to cross in front of the trams—walking slowly with your cane, walker or wheelchair. Hopefully no one gets run over because they’re too slow!!! I have asked and looked for other solutions and there are none. I was told I could park in preferred with my Handicap Pass, but so far it’s never been available—and that’s just something employees told me—not on a sign that would make me think it was really ok."

The moral of the story is to go early if possible. You will be closer to the elevators, but not the trams if you park in M and F. Ask questions to find the Pixar Pals Handicapped parking--like I said--I can't find it on my own. You'll be ok if the handicapped person is in a wheelchair--but it'll be a bit of a walk if someone is with a cane or walker or has other medical problems that preclude a long walk. I wish I had better news. If you're staying on site, the walk from the hotel will not be too bad. They rent wheelchairs at the entrance gate, or you could rent a wheelchair from a local company.

Comment

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/gue...vices/parking/

Downtown Disney District Parking
          Downtown Disney District Parking is located off of Disneyland Drive, between West Katella Avenue and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel.

Hours and Rates
          Enjoy 3 hours of same-day parking with a $20-minimum purchase and validation from any Downtown Disney location—or up to 5 hours of same-day parking with validation from any Downtown Disney table-service restaurant.

Beyond these validations, each additional hour costs $14, charged in 30-minute increments, with a minimum $7 charge after the initial 15-minute grace period. Additionally, the maximum daily parking and lost ticket fee is $56. Parking is subject to capacity.

Please note that restaurants and lounges within Disneyland Resort hotels do not validate for Downtown Disney District parking areas.

Downtown Disney Disabilities Parking
          Guests with valid disability placards or license plates may park in any available disability-marked space—subject to space availability. Standard parking rates will apply.

Comment

How is the DtD disability parking between 9 and 10 am weekdays?
            -

Boom!

Comment

If you buy a beer at a table service place you get 5 hours free. Is that what I am reading?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X