Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can DLH & DPPH guests still access the DCA entrance from DGC?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Can DLH & DPPH guests still access the DCA entrance from DGC?

We've stayed at the DPPH over 2 years ago and when we did you could access the shortcut entrance into DCA and back into DGC as long as you where staying at one of the DL resorts. My question is, is this still an option?

I know with the raised security etc. some things have changed and I was not willing to take it for granted this access was still being granted to DLH and DPPH guests.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
      I could be wrong, but I don't think you can anymore.
      That is what I was thinking. We stayed at DGC last year so I didn't have any issue but I seem to remember hearing you could access it as long as your staying at DLH ( DPPH gets no love ) but also I thought I had heard you couldn't unless you had a DGC hotel room key. I can't remember which was the reality.

I remember as recent as like 3 years ago anyone with a valid park ticket could access this entrance into DCA but only guests of the three resorts could exit through there.
      Last edited by Starcade; 11-04-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I remember going in to DCA recently (6 months ago) through that gate without any hotel connection. I have also left DCA through that gate, several times. I have a friend who LOVES Hearthstone Lounge in DGC. Perhaps the official policy is "guests only" , but they usually don't check?
        Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
        Mark Twain

Comment

We eat at the new GCH Craftsman Bar often, and also ate at Whitewater Snacks before that regularly since 2001. I have never had a problem going in/out and have never seen them check for a hotel status (except during early entry).

Comment

I've been able to go through the downtown Disney entrance, but not the main entrance. I haven't tried the DCA entrance recently.

Comment

Last year we stayed at Paradise Pier and couldn’t cross the street and use the front entrance to DGCH. We were able to use the DCA entrance from DGCH if we came through the downtown entrance. I believe it’s only after a certain time though.

Comment

Yeah I am thinking that the restriction for the DCA entrance through DGC is during the Magic Morning more so than the rest of the day. FYI for those staying at the PP you can't enter DGC through the sidewalk gate but you can exit through there as the door opens from inside heading out.

I remember there was once something that DLH guests shared privilege with DGC that those staying at PP did not that I thought was odd but I drawing a blank now on what that was. it was almost 6 years ago so whatever it was has probably changed.

Comment

Only on those rare times when ABC = XYZ........

Sorry, I couldn't resist.........

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
                    Only on those rare times when ABC = XYZ........

Sorry, I couldn't resist.........
                    LOL you came up with that one PDQ

Comment

I have not been in a year but am going next week. Last visit you had to show your room key to enter. At least in the morning rush. It can always be used as an exit. Ah! Exclusivity!!
                      My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

For about a year, there has been a key access gate on the sidewalk in front of GCH. Keys from PP/DLH will not work in that gate. They do not want any foot traffic - PP/DLH or otherwise - taking the shortcut. If you are actually in the hotel, I don't think there is anything to prevent you from using the DCA entrance.

Comment

Where do they do they security screening for the DCA/GC gate? Right at that entrance?

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                            Where do they do they security screening for the DCA/GC gate? Right at that entrance?
                            Correct, the security screening is right at the entrance.

Comment

Only DGC guests may enter the hotel from the main entrance. Entrance is restricted by a locked gate with DGC key card access only. Cars may only enter after being cleared through the entrance station.

Anyone else may enter DGC through the Downtown Disney entrance and the DCA entrance. Both of these are post-security screen.

Once you are in DGC, you may exit through the front door or go through security at the Downtown Disney or DCA exits. DGC itself is not inside the security perimeter.

Comment

Here's the answer for you...zero speculation, I know this to be correct:

No pedestrian who isn't a GCH guest (that's the correct acronym too! :-) ) can enter the hotel from the front entrance. There's a gate (and sometimes a guard) on the sidewalk across from the automobile guard booth expecting your GCH room key. DLH and PPH guests who want to enter DCA via the GCH entrance must enter GCH through the Downtown Disney entrance along with all other foolish mortals, whether guests of a Disney hotel or not. Anyone can use the side entrance, in or out. Getting to it from DLH and PPH is the hard part now.

PPH guests must walk past GCH to Downtown Disney in order to get to DCA through either entrance.
                                Last edited by vnormth; 11-09-2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I always go through the hotel to access DCA. Even last night.
                                  "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by vnormth View Post
                                    Here's the answer for you...zero speculation, I know this to be correct:

No pedestrian who isn't a GCH guest (that's the correct acronym too! :-) ) can enter the hotel from the front entrance. There's a gate (and sometimes a guard) on the sidewalk across from the automobile guard booth expecting your GCH room key. DLH and PPH guests who want to enter DCA via the GCH entrance must enter GCH through the Downtown Disney entrance along with all other foolish mortals, whether guests of a Disney hotel or not. Anyone can use the side entrance, in or out. Getting to it from DLH and PPH is the hard part now.

PPH guests must walk past GCH to Downtown Disney in order to get to DCA through either entrance.
                                    All you have to do is walk in with a group of guests or employees.
                                    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post

All you have to do is walk in with a group of guests or employees.
                                      Nice try, but employees won't let you, and other guests rarely walk through that entrance...and that's assuming there's no guard there, which is usually when you want to get there in the morning from PPH anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by vnormth View Post

Nice try, but employees won't let you, and other guests rarely walk through that entrance...and that's assuming there's no guard there, which is usually when you want to get there in the morning from PPH anyway.
                                        Nice try? I just did it last night. I have done it many times. The guard is by himself and cannot leave the shack. All you have to do is just walk in. No one will stop you. And I didn't say employees will let you. I said just walk in with them. Plus they are minimum wage workers. You think they are going to try and stop some person walking into the hotel?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X