Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Is it me or does “Avengers Campus” feel like it won’t open next year?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or does “Avengers Campus” feel like it won’t open next year?

They say 2020 but I feel like the land is moving at a snails crawl, still very very bare and we are moments time from 2020. I doubt they will get it open by summer, not even August if they tried , they roughly have a year to finish this thing (meanwhile universal Hollywood’s Secret Life of pets ride and Nintendo land are moving at record pace). What do you all think?

I agree. I do not see it opening in 2020. Universal’s Secret Life of Pets took years to even get started with the ground work.

Comment

It'll be no problem for 2020 if Chapek does his usual quickie-cheapie cutback on everything that was planned. After slashing Star Wars Land to the bone and announcing that the attendance numbers exceeded Disney's expectations, it's a no-brainer that Mr. Cheaptastic to do the same to Marvel Land -- and that Iger will approve it.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
        It'll be no problem for 2020 if Chapek does his usual quickie-cheapie cutback on everything that was planned. After slashing Star Wars Land to the bone and announcing that the attendance numbers exceeded Disney's expectations, it's a no-brainer that Mr. Cheaptastic to do the same to Marvel Land -- and that Iger will approve it.
        BINGO...........I think it going be a rush job ......from
        quickie-cheapie Chapek program !
        Disney just want attendance numbers to go up ,on the California side
        IMO
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

They never promised the campus will open in 2020, just the Spiderman ride. A plaid I talked to last weekend said the ride's track is already in...I suspect they'll just move back the walls by Guardians to access the ride but keep the rest of the "campus" closed.

It's like the reverse of SWGE, which opened the whole land one ride short and instead opens the ride without the land.

Comment

Originally posted by vnormth View Post
            They never promised the campus will open in 2020, just the Spiderman ride. A plaid I talked to last weekend said the ride's track is already in...I suspect they'll just move back the walls by Guardians to access the ride but keep the rest of the "campus" closed.

It's like the reverse of SWGE, which opened the whole land one ride short and instead opens the ride without the land.
            That what sound like to me ....except I feel
            Guardians is part of the
            Marvel land
            soon be Spiderman ride........IMO
            As "campus" goes it mostly shops and place's to eat , that will open little at time .
            Last edited by Eagleman; 11-09-2019, 06:49 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I can only tell what my impression is of the construction as seen from backstage. It's really moving along!

Comment

It looks to be in the similar stage of construction that Shanghai, for example, was in a year prior to opening, and everyone questioned if it would open in time. Not exactly apples to apples, but i think outer appearances can be deceiving.

Comment

Depends what you mean by open. Lately they open everything unfinished anyways. They could easily have the pathway open by 2020 and call that "open" with the rest to follow eventually. I'm sure the shops and brewary will make 2020 easy leaving the Spider-Man attraction in question for next year.
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

It looks to be moving along quickly in my opinion. I'm sure many exterior work will be done by the end of the year.
                    These are simple buildings so I'm expecting them to go up rather quickly. I can't see them taking very long to put up the brewery or the gift shop.

Comment

The Spider-Man ride's exterior hasn't changed much since July, but construction has been really quick in most other parts of the land. Summer 2020 seems like the earliest likely date, but it's definitely likely that it might be further from opening.

Comment

Originally posted by TLand2055 View Post
                        The Spider-Man ride's exterior hasn't changed much since July, but construction has been really quick in most other parts of the land. Summer 2020 seems like the earliest likely date, but it's definitely likely that it might be further from opening.
                        Seem...way Disney Parks is going IMO.......it going be
                        further from opening
                        little at time.
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                          Depends what you mean by open. Lately they open everything unfinished anyways. They could easily have the pathway open by 2020 and call that "open" with the rest to follow eventually. I'm sure the shops and brewary will make 2020 easy leaving the Spider-Man attraction in question for next year.
                          You can rest assured that the brewery & shops will be ready on time. Those involve Revenue, and they want to get that flowing in as soon as realistic. That kind of guarantees that the ride will also be ready at that time, because they will want to create foot traffic in the area, and food, drink & merch won't do that alone. Lots of complaints about GE with just 1 ride and lots of shops, but at least it has 1 ride. Also, the store will be fully stocked with as much Spiderman merchandise as you would imagine, so the ride is essential for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post

You can rest assured that the brewery & shops will be ready on time. Those involve Revenue, and they want to get that flowing in as soon as realistic. That kind of guarantees that the ride will also be ready at that time, because they will want to create foot traffic in the area, and food, drink & merch won't do that alone. Lots of complaints about GE with just 1 ride and lots of shops, but at least it has 1 ride. Also, the store will be fully stocked with as much Spiderman merchandise as you would imagine, so the ride is essential for that purpose.
                            I'm guessing this will be the case. I hear the goal was an end of summer opening for the Spiderman ride, and I hope that still happens. But if anything they'll just toss in some set pieces from a bug's land and that will take care of the microbrewery.

I visited the resort this past weekend. The night-and-day difference between the queues for the Roger Rabbit and Monsters Inc. rides is crazy to me, and the quality is reflective of the budget and spending afforded to each project. The short time I was by Guardians of the Galaxy I could hear crews working during park hours. They're really making the push.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post

Your Right.........another Mall ,means $ Revenue $
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                                I visited the resort this past weekend. The night-and-day difference between the queues for the Roger Rabbit and Monsters Inc. rides is crazy to me, and the quality is reflective of the budget and spending afforded to each project. The short time I was by Guardians of the Galaxy I could hear crews working during park hours. They're really making the push.
                                You mean Roger Rabbit & Superstar Limo. The ride so nice, they had to build it twice.

I'm not certain since I can't remember it that well, but my guess is that they just reworked the original Limo queue, and that was probably done on the cheap, as was a lot of CA Adventure when it opened.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
                                  I can only tell what my impression is of the construction as seen from backstage. It's really moving along!
                                  Wow you can see that progress all the way from Batuu impressive!
                                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                  My company had a special night at the park
                                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                                  NYE 2011 trip report
                                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                                  Leap year 24 hour report
                                  New DCA trip report
                                  NYE 2012
                                  HKDL trip report

Comment

Here's a quick refesher for everyone. It's Tough to be a Bug closed back in March 2018, with Bugs Land set to close later in June 2018.

However while construction began on Spider-Man, Bugs Land Demolition was delayed til the end of Summer, with it beginning in September(2018).

WDI's past track record on the length of building a dark ride from scratch was normally 2 years, with E-Tickets and fully fledged lands taking long to build(The entirety of Cars Land took 3 years to build).

So unless they have technical hiccups with Spider-Man, the ride should be open by summer. Avengers' HQ, on the other hand is another thing entirely.

TDA/WDI have been discreet on the land as a whole, with the actual layout still under wraps. This causes uncertainty to the late start. In addition, the red car trolley and parades have been suspended due to work, with the former needed to be rerouted for the land.

So there is a significant chance, the land will be late.

Comment

Wow you can see that progress all the way from Batuu impressive!
                                      I can go backstage at DCA.

Comment

wow you can see that progress all the way from batuu impressive!
                                        lol
                                        Last edited by Eagleman; 11-12-2019, 03:25 PM.
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Working...
                                        X