Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Is it me or does “Avengers Campus” feel like it won’t open next year?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

I think Pacific Wharf had more excitement.
    I know were to get the free candy !
    (Ghirardelli Chocolate shop)
    Last edited by Eagleman; 11-15-2019, 10:09 AM.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

Agreed and the sad thing is they have two IP's in marvel and Star Wars that people love and have strong feelings towards. Most people have already built these lands in their heads with iconic visuals from the films we love and they have really dropped the ball when it comes to both of these new lands. The Superhero campus artwork just looks blah to me and really does not have a lot to do with the marvel universe in my IMO.
      I one does not expect a lot.........
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

I one does not expect a lot.........
        I use too but sadly i"m right there with you.
        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

I use too but sadly i"m right there with you.
          Just another advertisement billboard ,in my book .
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Just another advertisement billboard ,in my book .
            I don't mind IP use when it is used to tell a new story Like Radiator Springs Racers. I just hate slapping it on everything just because.
            BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Its a D ticket....a show and restaurant. They have plenty of time. Also it will be nice but wont be like Carsland or Star Wars nice theme wise
              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Spiderman isn't a complicated ride system, especially as its the same as Midway Mania, a ride they've built several times already. No real sets or effects or AAs to figure out. The only other things they've promised is a shop, Meet and Greet and restaurant. Its not like they're building an actual new land with attractions. Its just generic looking buildings and one rethemed clone shooter.

Comment

Is the ride really going to go through the exact same blocking as Midway Mania where it just travels from screen cluster to screen cluster with very minimal if any props? I guess I'd hope in some small way at least there were some more inventive transitions or effects to it than what Midway Mania offers.

Are well expecting execution below the Justice League ride at Magic Mountain? I mean I'm sure Disney will do better 3D graphics but it'd be kinda sad if the ride didn't bring at least a few new things to the table.

I'm still hoping whatever the ride ends up being that it makes the summer opening just because I'd like the park to feel mostly complete when I go next year. It'd be kinda irritating to go and have a cluster of the park shut down.

Otherwise I guess the changes aren't too huge to me as I'd grown tired of ITTBAB eons ago and A Bugs Land was just an area I'd sight see in because it was pretty but really offered nothing to me.
                  "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider View Post
                    Is the ride really going to go through the exact same blocking as Midway Mania where it just travels from screen cluster to screen cluster with very minimal if any props? I guess I'd hope in some small way at least there were some more inventive transitions or effects to it than what Midway Mania offers.

Are well expecting execution below the Justice League ride at Magic Mountain? I mean I'm sure Disney will do better 3D graphics but it'd be kinda sad if the ride didn't bring at least a few new things to the table.

I'm still hoping whatever the ride ends up being that it makes the summer opening just because I'd like the park to feel mostly complete when I go next year. It'd be kinda irritating to go and have a cluster of the park shut down.

Otherwise I guess the changes aren't too huge to me as I'd grown tired of ITTBAB eons ago and A Bugs Land was just an area I'd sight see in because it was pretty but really offered nothing to me.
                    To me it feels weird that they'd do a Spiderman ride when one already exists and to my understanding is a great ride. Unless they planned on out-doing the existing experience the DCA addition stands the chance of being another black-eye to the Disney park rep.

Comment

Originally posted by Dsaastad View Post

To me it feels weird that they'd do a Spiderman ride when one already exists and to my understanding is a great ride. Unless they planned on out-doing the existing experience the DCA addition stands the chance of being another black-eye to the Disney park rep.
                      Because that ride isn't owned by Disney. It's via a previous contract between Universal and Marvel.

The funny thing is, despite all the lengthy legal restrictions over Spider-Man, Disney still technically owns the character. This is quite easy to forget, with Universal's and Sony's licensing.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Because that ride isn't owned by Disney. It's via a previous contract between Universal and Marvel.

The funny thing is, despite all the lengthy legal restrictions over Spider-Man, Disney still technically owns the character. This is quite easy to forget, with Universal's and Sony's licensing.
                        I guess I've noticed being a longtime Spiderman cartoon viewer.... who hates all the Disney era Spiderman cartoons lol (my love will be with the 90's cartoon from Fox Kids and the Spectacular Spiderman cartoon that Disney opted not to renew). I guess some of their animated work has been ok but nothings quite resonated with me again. Movies have been pretty fun though.

Spiderman is a great character and it's hard not to use him in something so I get the whole motivation for giving him a ride. I'm just hoping Disney can crop out an angle for the ride that doesn't make it feel so much like Midway Mania and things they've done before. Midway Mania's a great little diversion ride in my book but it's always been reduced by lack of sets and more encompassing screens. Even if Spiderman is a screen base attraction I'd hope the screen design and implementation has evolved to something above what Midway Mania represents.

I think Disney can easily pull off a family ride for Spiderman but my concern is that this whole thing will be as rushed and sloppy as the Antman/Wasp ride, which I'm sure is fun enough in person but really the art design looks undercooked like they couldn't decide weather to go cartoony or realistic and these decisions can matter a whole lot for this type of attraction. It'd also be nice if Disney could Star Tours II it up a bit with some of these interactive rides and maybe change up the mission after a few years. I guess I just need to wait and see what the attraciton IS before I speculate on any future or tweaks or whatever.

I haven't been to Disneyland since 2012 and at the end of the day this ride will either be no worse off than having ITTBAB there or it might be a large improvement over a 3D movie that mostly just mildly amused me and a land I mostly just walked through for the nice scenery.

Still it is true Disney has a legacy they're competing with and in California especially the parks don't really need more filler attractions each attraction should acomplish its goals with a cool modern effeciency befitting a company as large as Disney with an engineering team as capable as DIsney has.

I feel sad as I do think that Modern imagineering gets to look so underrated compared to teams of the past when I'm postiive they're capable of feets beyond anything we've seen but are becoming handcuffed by a company that's afraid to take real risks.
                        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                          Its a D ticket....a show and restaurant. They have plenty of time. Also it will be nice but wont be like Carsland or Star Wars nice theme wise
                          Exactly. Nobody here is livid that the Disney Spiderman ride will be inferior to a 20-year-old Spiderman ride in Florida?

Comment

Originally posted by Tierneyalvin View Post

Exactly. Nobody here is livid that the Disney Spiderman ride will be inferior to a 20-year-old Spiderman ride in Florida?
                            It has been criticized a lot across multiple threads on here. It is a slap in the face to such an iconic Marvel character but I am sure it will be popular as well.
                            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                            My company had a special night at the park
                            WdW trip report with WWoHP
                            NYE 2011 trip report
                            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                            Leap year 24 hour report
                            New DCA trip report
                            NYE 2012
                            HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by Tierneyalvin View Post

I both am and not......sure I'd rather Spiderman get a better ride....but if its "fun" like Toy Story I will give it a pass. I love Toy Story, i dont know why but its fun, its theme and most of it is meh but I just have so much fun I dont mind it...unlike Buzz which has always felt slow and just old even when it was new.
                              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

I both am and not......sure I'd rather Spiderman get a better ride....but if its "fun" like Toy Story I will give it a pass. I love Toy Story, i dont know why but its fun, its theme and most of it is meh but I just have so much fun I dont mind it...unlike Buzz which has always felt slow and just old even when it was new.
                                I agree, something seems more fun about TSMM vs Buzz. Also the quick, spinning transitions help Toy Story keep up the fun/crazy carnival atmosphere. Ominimover Buzz keeps the same slow pace and nonstop background music for entire attraction. At least Mermaid and Mansion don't use cardboard cutout sets.

Comment

Working...
                                X