Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me or does “Avengers Campus” feel like it won’t open next year?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post

You can rest assured that the brewery & shops will be ready on time. Those involve Revenue, and they want to get that flowing in as soon as realistic. That kind of guarantees that the ride will also be ready at that time, because they will want to create foot traffic in the area, and food, drink & merch won't do that alone. Lots of complaints about GE with just 1 ride and lots of shops, but at least it has 1 ride. Also, the store will be fully stocked with as much Spiderman merchandise as you would imagine, so the ride is essential for that purpose.
    Your Right.........another Mall ,means $ Revenue $

Leave a comment:

• WaltDisney'sAlec
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post

You can rest assured that the brewery & shops will be ready on time. Those involve Revenue, and they want to get that flowing in as soon as realistic. That kind of guarantees that the ride will also be ready at that time, because they will want to create foot traffic in the area, and food, drink & merch won't do that alone. Lots of complaints about GE with just 1 ride and lots of shops, but at least it has 1 ride. Also, the store will be fully stocked with as much Spiderman merchandise as you would imagine, so the ride is essential for that purpose.
    I'm guessing this will be the case. I hear the goal was an end of summer opening for the Spiderman ride, and I hope that still happens. But if anything they'll just toss in some set pieces from a bug's land and that will take care of the microbrewery.

I visited the resort this past weekend. The night-and-day difference between the queues for the Roger Rabbit and Monsters Inc. rides is crazy to me, and the quality is reflective of the budget and spending afforded to each project. The short time I was by Guardians of the Galaxy I could hear crews working during park hours. They're really making the push.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalDisneyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
    Depends what you mean by open. Lately they open everything unfinished anyways. They could easily have the pathway open by 2020 and call that "open" with the rest to follow eventually. I'm sure the shops and brewary will make 2020 easy leaving the Spider-Man attraction in question for next year.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by TLand2055 View Post
    The Spider-Man ride's exterior hasn't changed much since July, but construction has been really quick in most other parts of the land. Summer 2020 seems like the earliest likely date, but it's definitely likely that it might be further from opening.
    Seem...way Disney Parks is going IMO.......it going be
    further from opening
    little at time.

Leave a comment:

• TLand2055
    replied
    The Spider-Man ride's exterior hasn't changed much since July, but construction has been really quick in most other parts of the land. Summer 2020 seems like the earliest likely date, but it's definitely likely that it might be further from opening.

Leave a comment:

• BlAcKoUt510
    replied
    It looks to be moving along quickly in my opinion. I'm sure many exterior work will be done by the end of the year.
    These are simple buildings so I'm expecting them to go up rather quickly. I can't see them taking very long to put up the brewery or the gift shop.

Leave a comment:

• biggsworth
    replied
    Depends what you mean by open. Lately they open everything unfinished anyways. They could easily have the pathway open by 2020 and call that "open" with the rest to follow eventually. I'm sure the shops and brewary will make 2020 easy leaving the Spider-Man attraction in question for next year.

Leave a comment:

• denyuntilcaught
    replied
    It looks to be in the similar stage of construction that Shanghai, for example, was in a year prior to opening, and everyone questioned if it would open in time. Not exactly apples to apples, but i think outer appearances can be deceiving.

Leave a comment:

• Natalie Price
    replied
    I can only tell what my impression is of the construction as seen from backstage. It's really moving along!

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by vnormth View Post
    They never promised the campus will open in 2020, just the Spiderman ride. A plaid I talked to last weekend said the ride's track is already in...I suspect they'll just move back the walls by Guardians to access the ride but keep the rest of the "campus" closed.

It's like the reverse of SWGE, which opened the whole land one ride short and instead opens the ride without the land.
    That what sound like to me ....except I feel
    Guardians is part of the
    Marvel land
    soon be Spiderman ride........IMO
    As "campus" goes it mostly shops and place's to eat , that will open little at time .
    Last edited by Eagleman; 11-09-2019, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vnormth
    replied
    They never promised the campus will open in 2020, just the Spiderman ride. A plaid I talked to last weekend said the ride's track is already in...I suspect they'll just move back the walls by Guardians to access the ride but keep the rest of the "campus" closed.

It's like the reverse of SWGE, which opened the whole land one ride short and instead opens the ride without the land.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    It'll be no problem for 2020 if Chapek does his usual quickie-cheapie cutback on everything that was planned. After slashing Star Wars Land to the bone and announcing that the attendance numbers exceeded Disney's expectations, it's a no-brainer that Mr. Cheaptastic to do the same to Marvel Land -- and that Iger will approve it.
    BINGO...........I think it going be a rush job ......from
    quickie-cheapie Chapek program !
    Disney just want attendance numbers to go up ,on the California side
    IMO

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    It'll be no problem for 2020 if Chapek does his usual quickie-cheapie cutback on everything that was planned. After slashing Star Wars Land to the bone and announcing that the attendance numbers exceeded Disney's expectations, it's a no-brainer that Mr. Cheaptastic to do the same to Marvel Land -- and that Iger will approve it.

Leave a comment:

• Nesboy43
    replied
    I agree. I do not see it opening in 2020. Universal’s Secret Life of Pets took years to even get started with the ground work.

Leave a comment:

• Is it me or does “Avengers Campus” feel like it won’t open next year?

They say 2020 but I feel like the land is moving at a snails crawl, still very very bare and we are moments time from 2020. I doubt they will get it open by summer, not even August if they tried , they roughly have a year to finish this thing (meanwhile universal Hollywood’s Secret Life of pets ride and Nintendo land are moving at record pace). What do you all think?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X