Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Least not forget Thanksgiving...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Least not forget Thanksgiving...

    I’d like to give a shout-out to the holiday in between Halloween and Christmas...it’s been a time of nice visits, smaller crowds, pleasant weather, and good cheer...I usually made hotel reservations for two or three days during the Thanksgiving week. We had many good memories over the years.
    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

  • #2
    H a p p y
    T h a n k s g i v i n g

    ~.~
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanksgiving is always a special time in my tribe.

      Comment


      • #4
        Question for everybody - of the entire DLR ... what’s the best restaurant who serve up the best traditional Thanksgiving meal?

        I’m going to guess Storytellers Cafe? Or something within the DLH- Steakhouse 55? Or maybe even DCA’s Napa Rose or Carthay Circle.
        Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 11-11-2019, 01:39 AM.
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
          Question for everybody - of the entire DLR ... what’s the best restaurant who serve up the best traditional Thanksgiving meal?

          I’m going to guess Storytellers Cafe? Or something within the DLH- Steakhouse 55? Or maybe even DCA’s Napa Rose or Carthay Circle.
          What is the place on Main St near the entrance to Tommowland? They always have a pretty good turkey with mashed potatoes dinner there.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by IndianWarCanoe View Post

            What is the place on Main St near the entrance to Tommowland? They always have a pretty good turkey with mashed potatoes dinner there.
            Plaza Inn
            -Main Street U.S.A.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

            Comment


            • #7
              Seems like the first weekend of the "Holiday Season" Is packed and it slowly gets lighter and lighter crowd wise until just after Thanksgiving weekend then it start to build up almost daily to a Max Cap buster in the days between Xmas and New Years. We try and go the weekend after Thanksgiving as it gives us a charge of Holiday Spirit and crowds are more manageable.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                Question for everybody - of the entire DLR ... what’s the best restaurant who serve up the best traditional Thanksgiving meal?

                I’m going to guess Storytellers Cafe? Or something within the DLH- Steakhouse 55? Or maybe even DCA’s Napa Rose or Carthay Circle.
                We use to do Thanksgiving dinner at Ariel’s Grotto, but it ain’t there any more. But the Plaza Inn does serve a very good Thanksgiving dinner.
                I am old. But still love Disneyland.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                  Seems like the first weekend of the "Holiday Season" Is packed and it slowly gets lighter and lighter crowd wise until just after Thanksgiving weekend then it start to build up almost daily to a Max Cap buster in the days between Xmas and New Years. We try and go the weekend after Thanksgiving as it gives us a charge of Holiday Spirit and crowds are more manageable.
                  I sure hope you are right, we will be there the 23rd to the 27th of November hoping to get in and out before the holiday crowds.
                  BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like the week after Thanksgiving too. All the holiday decorations are up......the park seems to have a different character all around. More relaxed and festive.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Do they decorate Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge for Thanksgiving? Does Oga's Cantina have green bean casserole?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X