Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tron Ride

Does anyone know or heard of the rumor of a possiblity that the Tron ride might be coming to California Disneyland? In Tomorrowland?

It's likely not in the near future. They're building it already at WDW, but seeing the footprint and size of the showbuilding it would be hard to bring to Disneyland without major changes either to the ride or to Tomorrowland. They would need an area as big as the Carousel theatre and Pizza Planet combined and maybe even a bit more, with the outdoor portion going over Autopia and the Monorails complicating things even further. Short of ripping all of this up, I don't think it will happen.

Comment

I hope not the footprint likely would take out Autopia/Subs/Monorail/SWLB although the last one wouldn't be a big miss. But the other 3 would cause major loss of attractions that take people out of the walkways.
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

I personally don't see the point of having a rollercoaster right next to a rollercoaster (TRON next to Space Mountain). But that's not what you asked. I agree with WaltDisney'sAlec that the TRON coaster is too huge to bring to Tomorrowland in Anaheim. Disney would be much wiser to have several smaller "people eater" attractions with high rider capacity than one coaster with much less capacity. I doubt it will make its way to Tomorrowland.

Comment

I think at this point nobody not in the design team for possible new TL actually knows. They have been tight lipped and vague on what the exact future holds for TL. I am fine with gutting everything sans Space Mtn. ( as long as Star Tours moves to SW:GE ) Autopia is a great attraction for the kids so it would be nice to keep it. Monorail removal would cause many issues so I think is probably staying. ( though I was shocked when the PM was removed so I could be wrong ) Buzz the Submarines and pretty much the rest of the land is a ghost of its formal glory. As long as kept a tunnel or path granting access to SM then the rest of TL could be leveled to make way for the TRON Coaster but I would actually prefer a dark ride for TRON to be honest and I would be willing to give up a lot for a new PM and ATIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
            I think at this point nobody not in the design team for possible new TL actually knows. They have been tight lipped and vague on what the exact future holds for TL. I am fine with gutting everything sans Space Mtn. ( as long as Star Tours moves to SW:GE ) Autopia is a great attraction for the kids so it would be nice to keep it. Monorail removal would cause many issues so I think is probably staying. ( though I was shocked when the PM was removed so I could be wrong ) Buzz the Submarines and pretty much the rest of the land is a ghost of its formal glory. As long as kept a tunnel or path granting access to SM then the rest of TL could be leveled to make way for the TRON Coaster but I would actually prefer a dark ride for TRON to be honest and I would be willing to give up a lot for a new PM and ATIS.
            Ive always thought itd be cool to add a boat ride in the lagoon and have it drop into the submarine's show room. Now, don't ask me to explain the logistics of what would happen in the ride, but with the subs being so slow loading and requiring mirror set pieces due to the sitting arrangement, replacing it with a boat ride would at the least raise capacity and keep the lagoon

Comment

Originally posted by C. Andrew Nelson View Post
              I personally don't see the point of having a rollercoaster right next to a rollercoaster (TRON next to Space Mountain). .
              ...then end up like SIX FLAGS or Knott's

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

If they brought back the exact original TRON ride, I'd be really happy!

The original is an example of what Disney is capable of, though it's an old memory, it was very immersive, easy to 'get into' and you could make it as deep or shallow as you wanted. The attention to detail was superb, as it always was back then. It was designed and built with enough detail that you'd want to ride it again and again but not so 'splashy' that it overwhelmed your senses.

Given their latest disaster, it's obvious that things have changed a bit......and not for the better.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dsaastad View Post

Ive always thought itd be cool to add a boat ride in the lagoon and have it drop into the submarine's show room.
                  I do not know why ....... ?
                  But I end up thinking , of the old glass-bottom boat,off of
                  Catalina Island

Last edited by Eagleman; 11-12-2019, 05:52 PM.
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

There was talk some years ago of Star War
                    > Speeder Bikes >
                    But ,I sure that would go over to
                    Galaxy's Edge
                    area .. if Disney ever did that .
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The problem with Tron at Disneyland is it is essentially the same ride system as Pony Express at Knott’s. While Tron may be a unique ride experience at WDW, at Disneyland the local majority will probably be quick to realize it is just a souped of version of Pony Express. I’m not saying that people will think Pony Express is better, but there are those that prefer the Log Ride at Knott’s over Splash Mountain. But imo Tron definitely risks losing some of its pizazz at Disneyland because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                        Tear up Tomorrowland but please save/use the Tomorrowland Terrace stage!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                          The problem with Tron at Disneyland is it is essentially the same ride system as Pony Express at Knott’s. While Tron may be a unique ride experience at WDW, at Disneyland the local majority will probably be quick to realize it is just a souped of version of Pony Express. I’m not saying that people will think Pony Express is better, but there are those that prefer the Log Ride at Knott’s over Splash Mountain. But imo Tron definitely risks losing some of its pizazz at Disneyland because of this.
                          Good point made......
                          and I one that does like, Timber Mountain Log Ride at Knott's
                          ,Better than Splash Mountain at Disneyland
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by C. Andrew Nelson View Post
                            Disney would be much wiser to have several smaller "people eater" attractions with high rider capacity than one coaster with much less capacity.
                            *looks at Avengers Campus replacing Bug's Land*

Comment

If they could actually come up with an original TRON dark ride attraction in the footprint of SWLB that would be amazing. My comments above are based off cloning the coaster.
                              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                              My company had a special night at the park
                              WdW trip report with WWoHP
                              NYE 2011 trip report
                              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                              Leap year 24 hour report
                              New DCA trip report
                              NYE 2012
                              HKDL trip report

Comment

I think a lot of that would also depend on if they are able to finally move the shuttle area across the street to the Pumbaa lot like has been rumored. That would open a ton of space for a TL expansion.
                                Last edited by Raymonator; 11-13-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I’ve been to Shanghai Disneyland. The Tron building is MASSIVE.

Could they squeeze it into California’s Tomorrowland? Sure. But at the expense of most of the land’s existing footprint.

And for those who get wound up about sight lines....it would be horrendous.

I’d much prefer the Tron ride system and theme (it is fantastic!) but on an elevated peoplemover style track winding in, out, and around Tomorrowland.

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                                    If they could actually come up with an original TRON dark ride attraction in the footprint of SWLB that would be amazing. My comments above are based off cloning the coaster.
                                    I guess this were, I coming from......
                                    I not always trill have
                                    cloning.......
                                    TRON would make a good dark ride......
                                    But would like to see ,what Disney ,concept for the over all Tomorrowland would be like .
                                    and also save Space Mountain . IMO
                                    To many what if.....
                                    Last edited by Eagleman; 11-13-2019, 03:55 PM.
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Raymonator View Post
                                      I think a lot of that would also depend on if they are able to finally move the shuttle area across the street to the Pumbaa lot like has been rumored. That would open a ton of space for a TL expansion.
                                      I stayed at a hotel on Harbor Blvd. for the first time this past weekend and I think the entire area over there should be reworked. With that said, the security checkpoint apparatus was horrendous when under stress. If they go with the plan they originally suggested for the Eastern Gateway project and add a way to get to security from halfway through Harbor Blvd., this would be the biggest possible boon for acquiring space in the resort. That, or reclaiming all of Downtown Disney, which I think is some of the biggest waste of space in all of the resort. But that's for another day.

Comment

According to the mice chat article: https://www.micechat.com/223809-tomo...at-disneyland/

They are going to level everything but space mountain. That would leave plenty of room for Tron and more.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X