Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel Land: A look from Disney's Imagineering Website

A new Disney Imagineering site appeared, and with it came a treasure trove of behind the scenes images. I've been going through a couple, and found some interesting details that I hope you'll like.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Marvel.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.1 KB ID:	8607253

From the image, there's no doubt that they're working on the upcoming Marvel Land given the Guardians of the Galaxy model in the background, and the concept art for the land in the middle of the table.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Marvel2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	255.6 KB ID:	8607254

Zooming in, we get a good look at the future entrance to the lands E-Ticket attraction. We can tell this is Anaheim because of the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction to the left of the frame. Details are hard to mark out due to the wireframe, but it's interesting to see what the skeleton and sight lines could look like.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Marvel3.PNG Views:	0 Size:	481.6 KB ID:	8607255

Looking elsewhere on the table, we see some concept art for the upcoming Spiderman attraction. Does it look familiar? That's because it's eerily similar to the Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle attraction in Hong Kong. I'll let you all speculate on what this could mean.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Marvel4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	400.8 KB ID:	8607256

Finally, there's a curious figure in the middle of the table

Click image for larger version  Name:	Marvel5.PNG Views:	0 Size:	313.0 KB ID:	8607257

The movement points seemingly match up with the acrobatic figure Disney has been working on. Does this confirm their presence in the parks?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Marvel6.PNG Views:	0 Size:	149.5 KB ID:	8607258

Let me know what you all think!

Thanks for sharing these! The chestplate on the figure has a circle in the center, which leads me to think it's an Ironman animatronic. But then again, the size and style say Ultron, though that character is much less well-known. I certainly wouldn't mind a sophisticated version of the stickman animatronic!

As for the pictures of concept art, I don't think they're anything new nor for the Spiderman ride. The Antman and the Wasp ride concept you shared looks like it matches up exactly. I don't think we'll see the Spiderman ride look like that since the blueprints for it showed only screens like Toy Story Midway Mania. The Antman ride was just a reskin of Hong Kong's Astro Blasters, even keeping some of the Zurg railing setpieces. With less space for physical sets on the Spiderman ride, I think this is just different artwork.

The second piece of artwork looks like it's the one that was released with the Ironman retheme of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disneyland Paris. The picture with the wireframe artwork of the Avengers E-ticket coming to DCA looks like it matches up with the previously released concept art. As long as that E-ticket is the brand new ride system they promised, I'm excited to see what's in store.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
    Working...
    X