Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watch "The Imagineering Story" on Disney+?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
    I'm surprised no is talking about Episode 7, which deals with the backlash of the It's a Small World Controversy, and the installation of the Haunted Mansion Holiday.

    While I admit they did omit somethings(America's inclusion in IASW, how the papa new guinea/Rainforest segment was nearly axed entirely), I'm surprised they included fan's protests letters and internet posts. Even the new's blurb of "Its a Mall World now", wound up in the doc.
    Interesting. Did they include Marty's letter?


    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

    - Walt Disney

    "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

    "It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
      I'm surprised no is talking about Episode 7, which deals with the backlash of the It's a Small World Controversy, and the installation of the Haunted Mansion Holiday.

      While I admit they did omit somethings(America's inclusion in IASW, how the papa new guinea/Rainforest segment was nearly axed entirely), I'm surprised they included fan's protests letters and internet posts. Even the new's blurb of "Its a Mall World now", wound up in the doc.
      Fan's protests letters and internet posts..........even the blurb "Its a Mall World now"

      That does surprise me as well
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

        Interesting. Did they include Marty's letter?

        They did reference it, with how Marty had to write the letter, because of the outcry. They didn't say the exact details though.

        Looking back, I can't help but wonder if Marty deliberately 'phrased' the letter. Mickey & Minnie were never added to the ride....but he didn't reference the other characters. He mentioned that Rainforest wouldn't be removed, and granted a shorter version was saved. He said the look wouldn't be 'marginalized'...and technically they model the characters in the 'Blair Style'(All in the eye of the beholder, though).

        The biggest fib was the America remark in his letter. He had referenced that they were not adding an 'up with America tribute'. And while technically, no patriotic display was added, America was still added to the ride.

        Comment


        • #44
          Haven’t yet...too much all at once...been watching the original Mickey Mouse Club episodes...daughter has been watching movies...still want to watch more of Maladorians...
          I am old. But still love Disneyland.

          Comment


          • #45
            for the first time in decades I'm sorry I don't have cable....

            friends watching it... are really enjoying it

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by GwenRowan View Post
              for the first time in decades I'm sorry I don't have cable....

              friends watching it... are really enjoying it
              It's not on cable. It's an exclusive miniseries on Disney's online streaming service, Disney+.

              Comment


              • #47
                Finally finished the last episode. I thought Leslie Iwerks did a fantastic job on the project. I still wish there were more episodes. Some quick takes:

                --Galaxy's Edge was inspired by the markets of Turkey.

                -Bob Iger actually made Xi Jinping happy(?!) by presenting Jinping, an old photo of Jinping's dad at Disneyland. This may not sound like a big deal, but Jinping is the same man, who demands that Winnie the Pooh be censored, due to Pooh's likeness to President Jinping....

                -Mission Breakout controversy was even addressed. And Joe Rhode even admitted he was apprehensive on Avatar Land.

                -Bob Weis got promoted to WDI because his success with Shanghai. Kudos to him.

                -And the Elephant in the room, who was oddly in very little of the documentary, Chapek. To get an idea:
                He is never properly introduced.
                His promotion to the job is never mentioned.
                His background in Disney is never mentioned.
                Pixar Pier is never mentioned directly!
                His approach of Cast Members having 'backstories' in Galaxy's Edge is never mentioned.

                He was interviewed for the doc and can be seen in the footage of Episode 6.....but despite his current job to the parks, he appears in very little of the doc . Heck, Bob Iger has more screen time than Chapek does! More than one would think!

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                  ...And the Elephant in the room, who was oddly in very little of the documentary, Chapek. To get an idea:
                  He is never properly introduced.
                  His promotion to the job is never mentioned.
                  His background in Disney is never mentioned.
                  Pixar Pier is never mentioned directly!
                  His approach of Cast Members having 'backstories' in Galaxy's Edge is never mentioned.

                  He was interviewed for the doc and can be seen in the footage of Episode 6.....but despite his current job to the parks, he appears in very little of the doc .
                  Considering how embarrassingly pathetic he came across at D23 and in his Star Wars Land video, it makes sense. Too, the less he's in the doc the less it shortens the running time if he has to be edited out in the future, a la Pecos Bill's cigarette.
                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

                  - Walt Disney

                  "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

                  "It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

                  Comment

                  Get Away Today Footer

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X