Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Grocery Delivery to Hotels near Disney as a Canadian

Hello, I am hoping there is a solution to this! We are heading to disneyland from canada shortly and I am trying to get some groceries delivered to our hotel. All the usual places recommended (Vons, Walmart grocery...) do not allow for a credit card with a billing address outside of the USA to place an order since the only allow zip codes or list US states. Please tell me I'm not the only Canadian who has tried this! Is there a work around? I called all the stores I was trying to order from and they are all completely baffled at how to make this work.

I can't promise this will work, but you might try buying a prepaid credit card at your local grocer. I bought an AmEx one to get a presale ticket for a concert I wanted to see one time, but I don't think they're tied to any zip code. You might be able to trick the system that way, but I'm not sure. Best of luck!

Comment

I flagged this post. It should be in the Community Outpost. This has nothing to do with Disneyland.
      “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
      so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
      WDW Trips: '81
      EPCOT Trips: '93
      Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Originally posted by Emily Skinner View Post
        Is there a work around?
        Cash?

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post
          I flagged this post. It should be in the Community Outpost. This has nothing to do with Disneyland.

It’s a question about the Disneyland Resort asking for advice from people who had this issue while staying at the Disneyland Resort.

Comment

Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post

It’s a question about the Disneyland Resort asking for advice from people who had this issue while staying at the Disneyland Resort.
            Actually I agree with stovk. It's a question regarding "Delivery to Hotels near Disney". It has no relevance to Disneyland, Disney, or it's operations.
            We need another Walt...and fast!

"It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,
            The Imagineering Story, Episode 4 "Hit or Miss"

Comment

We flew down to LA from San Francisco this last summer. With the costs of baggage and the risk of excessive weight from bringing food with us to the hotel, we tried Amazon's two hour food delivery. I'd say purchase a $50 or $100 Amazon gift card now and just have groceries delivered to your hotel. Your first order you get like $15 off, which evens out the price of having the delivery. Be sure to buy a flat or two of water—we did this. $5 for 24 Dasani waters is a huge cost saving measure.
              Don't forget the rules on Micechat! We need to work together to make sure this is the happiest place in cyberspace!

Starting Summer 2019: All photos available on my Instagram account

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post
                I flagged your post as well as it has nothing to do with Disneyland and is completely unnecessary / off topic to the conversation. And also incorrect. The name of the Sub-Forum is "Disneyland Resort". Which can include the hotels in the vicinity of the park.

Let the mods figure out where it belongs. By your standard, half of the threads in the "Disneyland Resort" Sub-Forum should be moved elsewhere. And practically all of them should be closed when they inevitably veer to conversations outside of Disneyland city limits.

A new user is asking a valid question about an upcoming trip to the park that could lead to an informative discussion. Instead she gets flagged because there is a boulevard between Disneyland and where she is staying. What a shame.

It's really sad to see how unwelcoming and unfriendly this community has become, especially to new users.

Comment

Actually there is a southern CA planning section in the Disneyland forum section if we want to be really technical about this. As far as the OP topic is concerned I believe you can buy a Visa or AMEX as suggested above and use Vons as a delivery. Try calling Vons for the actual answer though and explain your situation.
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
                    Cash?
                    I was thinking the same- $ CASH $
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Check with the hotel that you are staying many have partnerships with grocery stores that will help with this.
                      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by Laugh-O-Grams View Post

Actually I agree with stovk. It's a question regarding "Delivery to Hotels near Disney". It has no relevance to Disneyland, Disney, or it's operations.
                        It is relevant to someone who is planning to visit the Disneyland Resort.

Comment

Hello, I am hoping there is a solution to this! We are heading to disneyland from canada shortly and I am trying to get some groceries delivered to our hotel. All the usual places recommended (Vons, Walmart grocery...) do not allow for a credit card with a billing address outside of the USA to place an order since the only allow zip codes or list US states. Please tell me I'm not the only Canadian who has tried this! Is there a work around? I called all the stores I was trying to order from and they are all completely baffled at how to make this work.
                          There is a Walmart very close to the hotels that would be a short UBER or Taxi ride away if delivery becomes to cumbersome, we used this the last time we went down there. The Amazon idea is also a good alternative I have heard a number of people talk about this option with good results. Just double check with your Hotel as well since they may have a partnership they don't overtly advertise.

Side note, man this thread illustrates how nitpicky and unfriendly these boards have become over the past year or so. Someone was just asking a question related to the Resort, even if it is a little off topic wouldn't we all want everyone to have the best experience possible on vacation?

Comment

Hello! Fellow Canuck here ( BC ).
                            I've ordered groceries at least 3 times when staying in DL. I contacted my credit card provider and added the hotel address as a temporary address to my account. Alternatively you can use a 'fix' for converting a Canadian postal code to a US zip code by dropping the letters of your postal code and adding two zeroes at the end - this is a tip suggested by MasterCard for pay at the pump which requires a US zip - https://www.mastercard.ca/en-ca/cons...y-at-pump.html.
                            FYI I ordered through Safeway/Vons and I had my groceries delivered to the HOJO, the GCH and the DL Hotel. On one epic screw up I accidentally left my delivery address as the GCH when staying at the DL hotel and the lovely concierge arranged to move them between properties.
                            As recently as last month I had groceries delivered to a hotel in Waikiki ( again using Safeway ) and I used the postal/zip code fix and it worked fine.
                            Last edited by sweethannah; 11-16-2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sweethannah View Post
                              Hello! Fellow Canuck here ( BC ).
                              I've ordered groceries at least 3 times when staying in DL. I contacted my credit card provider and added the hotel address as a temporary address to my account. Alternatively you can use a 'fix' for converting a Canadian postal code to a US zip code by dropping the letters of your postal code and adding two zeroes at the end - this is a tip suggested by MasterCard for pay at the pump which requires a US zip - https://www.mastercard.ca/en-ca/cons...y-at-pump.html.
                              FYI I ordered through Safeway/Vons and I had my groceries delivered to the HOJO, the GCH and the DL Hotel. On one epic screw up I accidentally left my delivery address as the GCH when staying at the DL hotel and the lovely concierge arranged to move them between properties.
                              As recently as last month I had groceries delivered to a hotel in Waikiki ( again using Safeway ) and I used the postal/zip code fix and it worked fine.
                              Wow. Posts like this are what make the Micechat community great. Thanks for clearing this up and sharing your guidance.

Comment

From the Von's website

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards, and debit cards that have a Visa or MasterCard logo. Cash, Vons gift cards, Fast Forward, personal checks and other charge accounts are currently not accepted for online orders. Residents of Arizona with disabilities who use Electronic Benefit Transfer and need to use the Online Grocery Ordering Service because of their disability, may call our Customer Support line toll-free at (877) 505-4040 for assistance. If you elect to be transferred to a third-party website, such as to choose Rush Delivery by Instacart, then the methods of payment will be established by that company.
                                also see:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X