Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Believe in Holiday Magic...Is It Time For A New Christmas Firework Show?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Believe in Holiday Magic...Is It Time For A New Christmas Firework Show?

I’ve realized that after watching Believe again, coupled with seeing Christmas fireworks at the Magic Kingdom on YouTube, Disneyland is in need of a new holiday firework spectacular.

Don’t get me wrong: the first year watching Believe in person made me appreciate raw emotion that we sometimes forget is part of the magic. At the same time, after watching Believe a couple times more, the show seems quite boring at times and leaves some things to be desired.

Given how amazing the Magic Kingdom’s new firework show is, I feel it’s definitely time for an upgrade.

What do you all think?
    "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

Yes. And also time to replace ACF.

Comment

It would be nice to have both a new fireworks show and a new parade. If the recent crowds are any indication, Disney is having no trouble packing in everyone like sardines at the start of the holiday season. That's different from WDW, which apparently was having trouble getting people to come for Christmas (hence the so-called rush job on Rise of the Resistance, if you're to believe Westsider). They needed new things to draw people in, and they're working. Disneyland being dressed to the nines with specialty things looks like it's still enough, so we won't be seeing new parades or shows for a while.

That is, unless Santa's sleigh has another mishap and catches fire or something.

Comment

Guest will pack in to Disneyland during
        holiday season, just like years before.......

IMO.......but I do not expect , noting new to see .
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The original "Believe...there's Magic in the Stars" was a little clunky but I feel they corrected all of those things with the Holiday version. I'd be perfectly content if it stays. I DO miss the original grandmother narration voice, though.
          Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
            It would be nice to have both a new fireworks show and a new parade. If the recent crowds are any indication, Disney is having no trouble packing in everyone like sardines at the start of the holiday season. That's different from WDW, which apparently was having trouble getting people to come for Christmas (hence the so-called rush job on Rise of the Resistance, if you're to believe Westsider). They needed new things to draw people in, and they're working. Disneyland being dressed to the nines with specialty things looks like it's still enough, so we won't be seeing new parades or shows for a while.

That is, unless Santa's sleigh has another mishap and catches fire or something.
            It says allot that Disney is contempt with not creating new entertainment so long as the crowds keep coming. This is one of the major flaws of today’s Disneyland. Could you imagine what the park would look like if Walt and his team simply said “we have the crowds, so no more imagineering for new entertainment.

But anyway....

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

Comment

Originally posted by rob3gd View Post

It says allot that Disney is contempt with not creating new entertainment so long as the crowds keep coming. This is one of the major flaws of today’s Disneyland. Could you imagine what the park would look like if Walt and his team simply said “we have the crowds, so no more imagineering for new entertainment.
              I agree with you.........
              Sadly today Disney Leadership ,does not have same concept......as
              Walt and his team

It's SAD........
              In fact
              Entertainments is among other Issue what
              Bob Chapek have been cutting back , at all Disney Parks
              IMO

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Maybe it is getting a tad long in the tooth, but I'd be nervous about current Disney's ability to create a new show that matches the beauty and emotion of the original. I REALLY like the soundtrack to Holiday Believe (the instrumental arrangements of the Christmas songs are wonderful), and I'd fear Disney going the lazy or 'hip and edgy' route by just getting a bunch of pop Christmas songs with lyrics and mashing them up, or including Disney songs and having it be narrated by Olaf or something.

Comment

I'd be concerned that they'd expunge Christmas entirely and make everything just generic "holiday".

Disneyland used to have lots of Christmas, but each year it's a little less.

And not to be controversial, but an honest question.. Holiday is fun, but what holiday? I can enjoy holidays of other traditions and faiths and I'm not offended nor do I feel excluded, but Christmasphobia in the US is a curiosity to me and unfortunate. Christmas is an important holiday and a tradition from the start of this county. Europe, Mexico, all of Latin America many parts of Africa have those places do not seem to take issue with acknowledging Christmas as a holiday tradition. I mean they happily say Feliz Navidad or Natal, but shy from Christmas in the US. I guess for me coming from South America, we find it a bit silly.

People who won't say Christmas happily wish me Feliz Navidad with nary a thought.

English is a second language to me and as an immigrant I concede I probably don't fully understand the issue.

It's not considered an issue of inclusivity to expunge, it seems to be an American contrivance.

And yet each year, it's more generic, and less meaningful. When one wishes me joy, no matter the tradition or history, I just accept with thankfulness or gratitude.

It's really too bad that Christmas must be "hidden"

Feliz Navidad

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
                    I'd be concerned that they'd expunge Christmas entirely and make everything just generic "holiday".

And not to be controversial, but an honest question.. Holiday is fun, but what holiday? I can enjoy holidays of other traditions and faiths and I'm not offended nor do I feel excluded, but Christmasphobia in the US is a curiosity to me and unfortunate. Christmas is an important holiday and a tradition from the start of this county. Europe, Mexico, all of Latin America many parts of Africa have those places do not seem to take issue with acknowledging Christmas as a holiday tradition. I mean they happily say Feliz Navidad or Natal, but shy from Christmas in the US. I guess for me coming from South America, we find it a bit silly.

People who won't say Christmas happily wish me Feliz Navidad with nary a thought.

English is a second language to me and as an immigrant I concede I probably don't fully understand the issue.

It's not considered an issue of inclusivity to expunge, it seems to be an American contrivance.

And yet each year, it's more generic, and less meaningful. When one wishes me joy, no matter the tradition or history, I just accept with thankfulness or gratitude.

Feliz Navidad
                    IMO
                    Like wise ,I do not want a
                    generic season......

You have my "BINGO" my Friend !
                    This is why I rather go to "Knott's Berry (Merry) Farm"
                    to get be in the right spirit of the season.......
                    I also accept with thankfulness or gratitude of Christmas!

Last edited by Eagleman; 11-15-2019, 04:52 PM.
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I say keep it but plus it. Have Rudolph fly around the castle like Zero does during Halloween Screams. Add projections to all the spots that Disneyland Forever had. I’m concerned that if they did do a new show they’d be tempted to add songs from Frozen.

Comment

I can't remember which show is which. I thought you were being a little tough on them. I saw the show Friday ( last visit before my pass expires) and I remember how much I disliked the theme song and how I remembered every line. You ARE right. It is getting a little old.
                        Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
                        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

Feliz Navidad
                          That's a beautifully written post!

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

Was there last year and this year during the same week, Veteran's Day week, and only watched the parade once out of the 10 days between both years that we were there. Seeing it again this year, as we rushed by to get to different rides, was disappointing only because it's kind of boring after you've seen it once. It doesn't have much re-watchability like, for instance, MSEP. We might've stopped to see it again if it was more interesting, but it's a let down and didn't waste any time to stick around and watch.

Comment

It probably is time for both a new Christmas parade and a new Christmas fireworks show. The fireworks show is almost 20 years old and A Christmas Fantasy Parade is 25 years old; which outlasted its' predecessor Mickey's very Merry Christmas Parade It's time for something new.

Comment

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
                                It probably is time for both a new Christmas parade and a new Christmas fireworks show. The fireworks show is almost 20 years old and A Christmas Fantasy Parade is 25 years old; which outlasted its' predecessor Mickey's very Merry Christmas Parade It's time for something new.
                                I AGREE
                                But I knew this year......one is lucky just to have any parade and a fireworks show.
                                with all the

Bob Chapek have been cutting back , at all Disney Parks.
                                IMO
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

I AGREE
                                  But I knew this year......one is lucky just to have any parade and a fireworks show.
                                  with all the

Bob Chapek have been cutting back , at all Disney Parks.
                                  IMO
                                  Don't forget Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. The budget for that overlay was cut; hence why Hyperspace Mountain was able to stay longer than it should.

Comment

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post

Don't forget Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. The budget for that overlay was cut; hence why Hyperspace Mountain was able to stay longer than it should.
                                    Hyperspace staying wasn't a budget related issue, but instead a marketing one.

GG is literally built into the ride already, it's just a matter of flipping a few switches and changing out the sign in the front.

Comment

I love the show and the main song. It is my favorite fireworks show at Disneyland. I really hope it stays. Disney does not make emotional theme songs for shows like they used to.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X