Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Mickey’s Birthday

🎂 Today is Mickey’s 91 birthday. Steamboat Willie premiered November 18, 1928. And as Uncle Walt has said, “...It all started with a mouse.”

we we all have different opinions about Disney. Some are happy, some are not. Things may get heated at times, but one thing we should all know is every opinion comes from the love we have for Disney.
    Today let’s celebrate our favorite mouse and the joy he - and by extension- all Disney has brought to us. Including beloved Disneyland.

share your stories of what it’s all meant to you, or any other positive thoughts here. It’s a celebration, after all!

Happy birthday, Mickey, and thanks, Walt!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

----yea----
    Happy Birthday

Mickey Mouse
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I got engaged to my wife on this date while visiting the HKDL resort in 2013. As far as Mickey himself and Walt for that matter it has always been good memories in general. When I got Disney+ the first thing I watched was Steamboat Willie as it really did start all of this we love today.
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

Feliz Bornaversary to a Special, Special, Special Mouse.
        Last edited by Starcade; 11-18-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

When I was little......
          I watch our family -black and white TV , every afternoon
          MICKEY MOUSE CLUB
          So Mickey was the first Cartoon
          character ,I end up loving .
          was the first time, I went to Disneyland with my Family.....Great Day
          and First time, I meet MICKEY in person........
          as well got join the Mickey Mouse Club....The Big Trill for me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICKEY......"Walt" gave me, a new Friend !
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

This is what we did Steven.

November 18th is recognized as the birthday of both Minnie and Mickey Mouse! Today they're 91 years old! The kids were excited when I told them so they've been doing all sorts of things to celebrate today.

When I got home from work, Alli greeted me at the door in this outfit that she picked out herself. That's very well coordinated Alli. A beautiful pink Minnie dress, pink Minnie shoes, and Minnie ears on top. She showed me that underneath her dress she was wearing Minnie shorts too.
            I told her I wanted to get a picture of her and she said "Minnie Pose!" and moved into this position.

For dinner we're making hamburgers. The kids always get to help out. They're getting good at cracking eggs and not getting any shell in it. They split the duty, one doing wet ingredients, the other doing dry ingredients. And they both get their hand messy mixing up the meat.

Everything is Mickey shaped on our plates tonight. From the grapes, tomatoes, and strawberries, to the macaroni and cheese. And finally our hamburgers happened to be Mickey shaped too, along with the bread and cheese too.

Oh you want Minnie Mouse? No problem at all. Just add a little ketchup and now we have a Minnie bow.

As I said before, the kids have been busy. In their Maker Space they have made everyone their own initials for where we sit. Then below it they drew placemats. Mickey for the boys and Minnie for the girls.

For us to sit on, they drew, I don't know, cushions maybe? Here's Alli's version of Mickey Mouse.

And a combination piece by Ian and Alli of Mickey Mouse. I like the frame they made from their Christmas tape.

They were going to use their Minnie and Mickey plates that they got from France, but it was a little too much food. They used them for lunch though.
            Minnie and Mickey utensils and cups were used too.

Everything tastes better when it's Mickey shaped.

During dinner I told the kids we'd watch some Mickey and Minnie cartoons, including their very first appearances. Unprompted they went to their rooms and pulled out their blankets and quilts.

Then found a few of their Mickey plushes.

And Minnie.

And brought them all out to watch cartoons too.

Steamboat Willie is recognized as the first Mickey cartoon, and the date it premiered in New York, November 18th 1928, is considered the birthday of both Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
            And even though that's the first official cartoon, Mickey and Minnie made their debut in front of test audiences on May 15th 1928 in the short Plane Crazy. It didn't do so well and was not released to wider distribution until March 17th 1929.
            Either way, we're starting with his first appearance. The kids are at the perfect age for all the slapstick humor.

And Steamboat Willie was right after that. My little whistler Ian was whistling right along with Mickey while he was driving that steamboat.
            Ian - What's Pete chewing on? (it was chewing tobacco)
            Me - Um, it's gum and he's spitting out the gum juice.

After bath time and songs (different versions of Happy Birthday including the Disney Happy Birthday version from the 1983 Splashdance album).
            They each wanted pictures of themselves in bed with their quilts from Gram. Mickey for Ian.

And Minnie for Alli.

Happy Birthday Minnie and Mickey!
            Visit my blog at http://flowerstales.blogspot.com/

I stayed overnight in the Disneyland Dream Suite! Read all about it here!
            Joe's Epic Overnight Disneyland Dream Suite Trip Report

Comment

Originally posted by mre200200 View Post
              This is what we did Steven.

November 18th is recognized as the birthday of both Minnie and Mickey Mouse! Today they're 91 years old! The kids were excited when I told them so they've been doing all sorts of things to celebrate today.

When I got home from work, Alli greeted me at the door in this outfit that she picked out herself. That's very well coordinated Alli. A beautiful pink Minnie dress, pink Minnie shoes, and Minnie ears on top. She showed me that underneath her dress she was wearing Minnie shorts too.
              I told her I wanted to get a picture of her and she said "Minnie Pose!" and moved into this position.

For dinner we're making hamburgers. The kids always get to help out. They're getting good at cracking eggs and not getting any shell in it. They split the duty, one doing wet ingredients, the other doing dry ingredients. And they both get their hand messy mixing up the meat.

Everything is Mickey shaped on our plates tonight. From the grapes, tomatoes, and strawberries, to the macaroni and cheese. And finally our hamburgers happened to be Mickey shaped too, along with the bread and cheese too.

Oh you want Minnie Mouse? No problem at all. Just add a little ketchup and now we have a Minnie bow.

As I said before, the kids have been busy. In their Maker Space they have made everyone their own initials for where we sit. Then below it they drew placemats. Mickey for the boys and Minnie for the girls.

For us to sit on, they drew, I don't know, cushions maybe? Here's Alli's version of Mickey Mouse.

And a combination piece by Ian and Alli of Mickey Mouse. I like the frame they made from their Christmas tape.

They were going to use their Minnie and Mickey plates that they got from France, but it was a little too much food. They used them for lunch though.
              Minnie and Mickey utensils and cups were used too.

Everything tastes better when it's Mickey shaped.

During dinner I told the kids we'd watch some Mickey and Minnie cartoons, including their very first appearances. Unprompted they went to their rooms and pulled out their blankets and quilts.

Then found a few of their Mickey plushes.

And Minnie.

And brought them all out to watch cartoons too.

Steamboat Willie is recognized as the first Mickey cartoon, and the date it premiered in New York, November 18th 1928, is considered the birthday of both Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
              And even though that's the first official cartoon, Mickey and Minnie made their debut in front of test audiences on May 15th 1928 in the short Plane Crazy. It didn't do so well and was not released to wider distribution until March 17th 1929.
              Either way, we're starting with his first appearance. The kids are at the perfect age for all the slapstick humor.

And Steamboat Willie was right after that. My little whistler Ian was whistling right along with Mickey while he was driving that steamboat.
              Ian - What's Pete chewing on? (it was chewing tobacco)
              Me - Um, it's gum and he's spitting out the gum juice.

After bath time and songs (different versions of Happy Birthday including the Disney Happy Birthday version from the 1983 Splashdance album).
              They each wanted pictures of themselves in bed with their quilts from Gram. Mickey for Ian.

And Minnie for Alli.

Happy Birthday Minnie and Mickey!
              This is all fantastic! The Flowers family does nothing halfway. Love it!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

mre200200
                Joe- GREAT Family = MICKEY MOUSE PARTY........
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X