Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy in the Sky will not be the NYE Fireworks this year

Most of the NYE schedule is now posted on the Disneyland Resort website. Fantasy in the sky which has been the NYE Fireworks for years will be replaced by another appearance of Mickeys Mix Magic

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Most of the NYE schedule is now posted on the Disneyland Resort website. Fantasy in the sky which has been the NYE Fireworks for years will be replaced by another appearance of Mickeys Mix Magic
    Not a Surprising....
    There two factor for the reason.......
    Weather is one......
    but the main reason -
    Mickeys Mix Magic ,is lot Cheaper to do.
    Another way Disney save money ,long with all the cutbacks ,
    that have taken place during
    this year......
    Quickie-Cheapie Chapek program!
    Pay more -Get less
    IMO
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

This doesn’t seem that bad. Fantasy in the sky is the most bare bones of all the fireworks shows. Many times people think “is that it?” when it’s done. For NYE they add more fireworks so it’s better than the normal version so if they do the same with MMM, it will be a big improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by order 1966 View Post
        This doesn’t seem that bad. Fantasy in the sky is the most bare bones of all the fireworks shows. Many times people think “is that it?” when it’s done. For NYE they add more fireworks so it’s better than the normal version so if they do the same with MMM, it will be a big improvement.
        Not to mention MMM is the "safe" option to schedule at a time when winds are strong. Last NYE the wind was so bad that even Fantasmic was cancelled. With MMM, even if they can't do pyro, the projections on Main Street, the Castle, Small World and the added effects on the ROA are enough to still present a show.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
        The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
        Indy Ride Count: 2211
        World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Weather can be a big reason........at New Year New Year eve.....
          I have known being fogy, many times......
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I'm all for replacing the Fantasy in the Sky, because it is such a short show that is nothing super special. Mickey's Mix Magic, to me, is just not fun. I was never a fan of the dance party theme, and I think it relies a little too heavily on projections even when the weather is good. I would like to see a version of Remember Dreams Come True that is used for when the wind or rain aren't cooperating rather than an annoying party show.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
              I'm all for replacing the Fantasy in the Sky, because it is such a short show that is nothing super special. Mickey's Mix Magic, to me, is just not fun. I was never a fan of the dance party theme, and I think it relies a little too heavily on projections even when the weather is good. I would like to see a version of Remember Dreams Come True that is used for when the wind or rain aren't cooperating rather than an annoying party show.
              I personally love it as it has Grim Grinning Ghosts, a song from ARISTOCATS(!) and Un Poco Loco in spanish(!) The party vibe of the show also fits in well with NYE.

Comment

I personally love it as it has Grim Grinning Ghosts, a song from ARISTOCATS(!) and Un Poco Loco in spanish(!) The party vibe of the show also fits in well with NYE.
                Those kinds of dance parties are good for late-night events like a grad nite, but as the celebratory capstone to the start of a new year, I'm just not feeling it. Different strokes for different folks, though.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

Those kinds of dance parties are good for late-night events like a grad nite, but as the celebratory capstone to the start of a new year, I'm just not feeling it. Different strokes for different folks, though.
                  I won’t be there either way as I’m not buying a pass this year. I’m curious to see how it works out and what they choose to do for the following NYE.

Comment

I won’t be there either way as I’m not buying a pass this year. I’m curious to see how it works out and what they choose to do for the following NYE.
                    the party's is always ,pass my bed time lol
                    I know it's New Year ,when everyone wake me up
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Thought I'd chime in before all the Mix Magic haters flood the thread. I'm genuinely excited for this. While I dont necessarily understand how this will fit in with the new years aesthetic, I'm glad that they're keeping mix magic around for the long run

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X