X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbs up for D.Land & WDW's ticket pricing from NY Magazine

This was pretty upbeat:

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...-own-good.html

Of course it's a positive experience...if you're willing to pay for it.

I think this post speaks volumes on what Disney thinks of it's Guests...especially the second paragraph,

Post #18
    We need another Walt...and fast!

"It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,
    The Imagineering Story, Episode 4 "Hit or Miss"

Comment

I wish there was a public access to the gate numbers as I suspect that it's possible that under the old system of pricing with the increase in crowds Disney would actually be making more money then this new gouge the customer system if all the other factors where considered ( cut staff and entertainment etc) I often wonder if this is their spin to combat the fact that their price gouging etc. has actually diminished sales ( with the crowds ) and only the pulling of staff etc. has saved them face by allowing a slight increase in reported profits. Their current strategy I feel is going to diminish and then what do you do? Lower prices? Bring on more staff and entertainment? I am not sure the shareholders are going to like that. I feel they are trying to cure a cold by self inflicting cancer.

Comment

Starcade, I feel the same way. Cutting staff and "inessentials" like entertainment can raise your bottom line temporarily. So can rising prices on everything. But it can't last forever. I'm not an economist, but I do follow the news, and it seems that when companies start doing things like that, they often end up going bankrupt when there's nobody left to fire and no one to buy at high prices. I don't think that will happen to go Disney for quite a while, of course, because they're so big.

I also wonder if the bump in Consumer Products Division from the shareholders meeting was due to rising prices even though sales are down. I can't begin to know for sure, but I have seen the prices increase beyond what seems necessary or normal inflation in both merch and food. I also collect pins, and they really aren't selling as much anymore. I can wait a week instead of a day now to get a limited release pin--sometimes 2 weeks--and the prices have gone up and up over the last couple years. It's making me pause when buying things, and I'm sure others too. I won't be buying as much of the Christmas line as I would like because of price, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by pattimarie View Post
          Starcade, I feel the same way. Cutting staff and "inessentials" like entertainment can raise your bottom line temporarily. So can rising prices on everything. But it can't last forever. I'm not an economist
          Well I not a
          economist......
          But can not help thinking .....how rising prices on everything on brands names ......were is SEARS ?

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I mean they could have lower prices and less APs.....and wow we'd have less crowds. They only sell us on "less people is good" when they can't control how many people are coming in.....they definitely want more people coming into the parks than what happened last summer
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I find it laughable believing that Disney execs care about “us”. Walt Disney cared, Roy Disney cared, and both made money, not just the gazillion dollars current exec team wants. The summer months were nice, but I don’t believe that was a gift from Disney, more of a “things gone wrong” event...in the back of my mind, I felt we’d be paying for this in many ways...
              I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Congratulations Disney! For years you would raise ticket and AP prices in an attempt to stem the nightmarish overcrowding. But the opposite only happened...record overcrowding was the result each time. But it looks like you've found that sweet spot to increase revenue, while also increasing quality. I say...more price hikes on tickets and AP prices please.

Comment

They might be making more money through staff cuts and price increases or they might be cooking the books with ENRON style accounting. Probably a bit of both and that is not just a knock on Disney. Many corporations manipulate their numbers to support their stock prices due to weak oversight and enforcement by the FTC. But one thing I know for certain is the constant cuts in entertainment and staffing will not go unnoticed by guests and it will eventually end up costing Disney in the long run. But the current executive suite is occupied by people blinded by short term greed. There is no way they could be taking a 10 or 15 year view of the parks with moves they are making.

Igor and Chapek together are like cancer on the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
                    Congratulations Disney! For years you would raise ticket and AP prices in an attempt to stem the nightmarish overcrowding. But the opposite only happened...record overcrowding was the result each time. But it looks like you've found that sweet spot to increase revenue, while also increasing quality. I say...more price hikes on tickets and AP prices please.
                    I hope you send a Christmas card to your fellow Cast Members who were let go due to financial cut-backs by Chapek. In that card you can "Congratulate" them for sacrificing their jobs for the ineptness of Management.
                    “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
                    so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                    WDW Trips: '81
                    EPCOT Trips: '93
                    Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
                      Keep pricing out middle class families. Those kids don’t need the same childhood memories you and I have.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                        They might be making more money through staff cuts and price increases or they might be cooking the books with ENRON style accounting. Probably a bit of both and that is not just a knock on Disney. Many corporations manipulate their numbers to support their stock prices due to weak oversight and enforcement by the FTC. But one thing I know for certain is the constant cuts in entertainment and staffing will not go unnoticed by guests and it will eventually end up costing Disney in the long run. But the current executive suite is occupied by people blinded by short term greed. There is no way they could be taking a 10 or 15 year view of the parks with moves they are making.

Igor and Chapek together are like cancer on the parks.
                        Bingo. The PR spin that Disney raises prices "to lower crowds and provide a more pleasant experience" is strictly from Fantasyland. The reality is that they're doing everything possible to increase crowds to the max and milk the customers for all the profits they can extract.
                        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post

Keep pricing out middle class families. Those kids don’t need the same childhood memories you and I have.
                          That a BINGO..................
                          Disney have price out the Middle Family's.............
                          IGER +
                          Chapek = Do not care !
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Bingo. The PR spin that Disney raises prices "to lower crowds and provide a more pleasant experience" is strictly from Fantasyland. The reality is that they're doing everything possible to increase crowds to the max and milk the customers for all the profits they can extract.
                            And a lot of people actually buy the line that Disney is pushing regarding the constant price hikes. It's amazing how gullible some people can be. I would at least think the LA Times would step up and call them out, as they have in the past. No love lost there.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                              I would at least think the LA Times would step up and call them out, as they have in the past. No love lost there.
                              Or lost love there.....

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post

I hope you send a Christmas card to your fellow Cast Members who were let go due to financial cut-backs by Chapek. In that card you can "Congratulate" them for sacrificing their jobs for the ineptness of Management.
                                Ha only real CMs will actually get your comment!
                                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                My company had a special night at the park
                                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                                NYE 2011 trip report
                                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                                Leap year 24 hour report
                                New DCA trip report
                                NYE 2012
                                HKDL trip report

Comment

Get Away Today Footer