Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Millennium Falcon DL Fast Pass

I seen it, and i seen it work, but no one is saying what or how the fast pass is working at the Millennium Falcon ride. I see people scan and its a totally different line. But no employee is saying nothing. All i get is there is no fast pass. Can anyone clarify that, or is it coming and when.

I noticed this too. Clearly there are scanners, but when I visited the parks on Monday someone approached the CMs at the Smuggler's Run entrance and asked if they could use an any-ride Fastpass (issued after a ride broke down during your Fastpass period). The CM said "if you have a pass you can scan it, but not Fastpass." I have no idea what that means or how that works, but perhaps people here could shed better light than I.

Comment

maxpass? digital only perhaps?

Comment

I'm thinking right now it's only the Disability Access Service (DAS) Card and not a proper FastPass. Maybe also some specific passes given to "special" people. But that's all I could figure.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
          I noticed this too. Clearly there are scanners, but when I visited the parks on Monday someone approached the CMs at the Smuggler's Run entrance and asked if they could use an any-ride Fastpass (issued after a ride broke down during your Fastpass period). The CM said "if you have a pass you can scan it, but not Fastpass." I have no idea what that means or how that works, but perhaps people here could shed better light than I.
          As of right now, it's only used for DAS as Parrity mentioned. I'm honestly suprised they haven't implemented fastpass for smugglers yet. On a high traffic day, it's not going about 40-50 minutes tops.

Comment

40-50 minute wait is good. Add in FP, that wait goes to 90 minutes. That is why I will always believe they should get rid of FP. The lines are shorter without it.
            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "‚Äč This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by nickdean707 View Post

As of right now, it's only used for DAS as Parrity mentioned. I'm honestly suprised they haven't implemented fastpass for smugglers yet. On a high traffic day, it's not going about 40-50 minutes tops.
              What is interesting, is the backend config for Smugglers Run in the app shows FastPasses as available, but then not available as well.

Basically they have the service enabled, but force it to never have times available for people to reserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Yanez View Post
                I seen it, and i seen it work, but no one is saying what or how the fast pass is working at the Millennium Falcon ride. I see people scan and its a totally different line. But no employee is saying nothing. All i get is there is no fast pass. Can anyone clarify that, or is it coming and when.
                The decision to open MFSR without fastpass was based on Disney's assumption that SWGE would be so insanely mobbed that they'd have to control access to the land itself. We all know how that turned out.

It's safe to assume that fastpass will eventually be offered on MFSR (and RotR), but we don't know when. Considering that they haven't enabled it yet, I wouldn't expect it until after RotR is up and running, but we'll just have to see.

As others have already noted, the MFSR fastpass entrance/queue is currently used for DAS guests.

However, like every other fastpass entrance/queue in the resort, it is ALSO used for parties doing rider swap. I can personally attest to this; we waited standby while the grandparents watched the kiddo, then they went in thru fastpass.

When you see people entering thru fastpass that don't have a VIP tour guide, you can safely assume DAS or rider swap.
                Last edited by GreatAndoski; 11-22-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
                  40-50 minute wait is good. Add in FP, that wait goes to 90 minutes. That is why I will always believe they should get rid of FP. The lines are shorter without it.
                  The flip side is that with FP, the wait becomes 5-10 minutes. So like every other FP ride, it hurts those without one, but greatly benefits those with one. And many have also stated that they feel it's not even worth a 45 minute wait, which wouldn't be the case if you have a FP for the ride.

Comment

We went once and the CM liked my T-shirt so much he stopped me as I entered the line to read it and then laughed and ushered us to go on through the "other line" it was the FP line and it takes you right up to Hondo's intro. We went from expecting 45 min. wait to getting on the ride in like 5-10 min. I think CM'a are given the discretion to allow random guests into the line for a "Disney Magic Moment".
                    Last edited by Starcade; 11-25-2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

This is really interesting. So it seems to be a line for everything from the Disability Access Service, rider swap, and special Disney magic.

The only difference between that and the single rider line seems to be keeping parties together. That said, I saw an elderly family of 3 mistakenly get in the single rider line and only find out at the front that they couldn't ride together. The CM working the passes was kind enough to let them actually ride as a group. It's so nice to see Disney magic like that. Maybe I was just in a good mood because I had been given the pilot pass as a single rider.

As for the fastpass, I am a bit worried for when it does make its way to Smugglers Run. I'm sure we've all seen the extended queue on days when the line gets above 55 minutes, and I feel like it is not ready for primetime. Guests should never be seeing backstage, and a putrid smell of wastewater emanates from this back corner. After riding Smuggler's Run four times, I have only seen 2 of the 4 possible quadrants of the backstage queue utilized. Opening up Fastpasses will surely make the wait even longer and make some guests wait in the sun. Don't even get me started on the antsy children climbing all over the steel beams whenever CMs look away to entertain others with a porg or sell some soda.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1174.jpg
Views:	776
Size:	693.8 KB
ID:	8607881
                      (here is where the smell is coming from)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1174.jpg
Views:	776
Size:	693.8 KB
ID:	8607881
                        (here is where the smell is coming from)
                        Wow. That is really disappointing. How on earth (or batuu for that matter) do they justify this very poor show? Cargo containters? Really??

Comment

Is this an extended back lot queue? I do not remember seeing this area while in line?

Comment

During the pre-Columbus Day week where the park was packed, MF:SR was averaging about a 70 minute wait time all week. I would guess that would be consistent with RSR if no Fastpass was supplied there, just for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                              Is this an extended back lot queue? I do not remember seeing this area while in line?
                              Yep. It's in the back northeast corner of the land behind some double doors. There's a small doorway that says "Staff Only" that you go backstage to, then back to the normal queue via the double-doors.

The shipping containers are themed, but only painted and weathered. You can see behind the rockwork of the land, totally ruining the show and illusion. I can't wait to see what happens when FastPass starts for the line, but hopefully Rise of the Resistance mitigates some of the wait times.

Comment

As for the fastpass, I am a bit worried for when it does make its way to Smugglers Run. I'm sure we've all seen the extended queue on days when the line gets above 55 minutes, and I feel like it is not ready for primetime. Guests should never be seeing backstage, and a putrid smell of wastewater emanates from this back corner. After riding Smuggler's Run four times, I have only seen 2 of the 4 possible quadrants of the backstage queue utilized. Opening up Fastpasses will surely make the wait even longer and make some guests wait in the sun. Don't even get me started on the antsy children climbing all over the steel beams whenever CMs look away to entertain others with a porg or sell some soda.
                                My personal observations, people at WDI now, don't understand how the parks or guest work. There are a lot of things I've seen going on Falcon that shows they never consulted or thought of Ops as they were designing it. I still don't understand how they could only build about 55 min of queue for an attraction they expected to be huge.
                                Last edited by CM.X777; 11-27-2019, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CM.X777 View Post

My personal observations, people at WDI now, don't understand how the parks or guest work. There are a lot of things I've seen going on Falcon that shows they never consulted or thought of Ops are they were designing it. I still don't understand how they could only build about 55 min of queue for an attraction they expected to be huge.
                                  I'm beginning to agree. Set decoration and show effects are among WDI's strengths, but designing people-eaters that efficiently move people through and lines that accommodate them are WDI's weaknesses.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X