Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving VIP Tour Advice

Hi All -

Planning on coming to DLR Thursday (Thanksgiving) and Saturday this week.

Originally had a VIP tour booked for Thursday because I thought that would be busiest based upon previous crowd predictions. However, I see that the weather that days is going to be cooler and rainy. I’m wondering now if I should switch my VIP tour to Saturday?

When do you think the parks will be busier - Thursday or Saturday? Suggestions?

The VIP tour is a lot of money for us so I want to make good use of our time.

Thanks for the help!!!

Originally posted by spicedparrot View Post
    Hi All -

Originally had a VIP tour booked for Thursday because I thought that would be busiest based upon previous crowd predictions. However, I see that the weather that days is going to be cooler and rainy. I’m wondering now if I should switch my VIP tour to Saturday?

Thanks for the help!!!
    If it is supposed to rain substantially on Thursday I would for sure switch it.

Comment

Originally posted by spicedparrot View Post
      Hi All -

Thanks for the help!!!
      Definitely Saturday.

Even without rain, Thanksgiving Day is the slowest day of that week. The busiest days will be Monday/Tuesday, as they always are. The day before Thanksgiving the crowds drop off a lot, and Thanksgiving Day is almost mellow. Friday/Saturday of Thanksgiving week are busy, but not nearly as busy as Monday/Tuesday of that same week. That's assuming the weather isn't a factor.

With the rain forecast for Wednesday into Thursday, your best bet is to reschedule your VIP Tour ASAP to Saturday. I know a few girls from Attractions who transferred to Guest Relations and became VIP Guides. Is the going rate still about 6 grand for the first 6 hours?

Comment

Touring Plans is often off, but they say Thurs is 8/10 crowd level vs 6/10 on Sat.
        Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sailor310 View Post
          Touring Plans is often off, but they say Thurs is 8/10 crowd level vs 6/10 on Sat.
          Not sure that account for the impending rain storm forecast for Thursday.

VIP Tour Thursday would be kinda a waste IMO with the rain that is expected.

Comment

having been on a tour and also been to Disneyland on a rainy day I feel combining the two does not make for the most magical of outcomes. I agree with others have said and switch it to Sat if possible.
            Last edited by Starcade; 11-25-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks all. Took your advice and pulled the plug on Thurs. Will keep the tour on Sat. Also, bringing rain gear with the hopes of making the best out of a soggy day.

Comment

BTW, I've never done a VIP tour before. What do you recommend for timing? Do you start right a rope drop or start later and go with the guide into the evening. You have to pay by the hour for consecutive hours so curious what folks have thought works best.

Comment

I would put your tour at the busiest time of the day as the Guide will have access to everything regardless of crowds. I would leave the morning open as you can access most things with lower crowds at this time.

Comment

Saturday most certainly. As others have stated, use your time for the afternoon and evening. Get the Dining reservations you want and anything else you want to enjoy. The guides are always fun and full of good information. It is a really great way to experience the park, particularly during very busy holiday visits.

Comment

Those are good tips, thank you.

Comment

Thanksgiving was miserable at the park - coldest and rainiest day I've seen in a long time with hardly any lines for anything.

Today the park is slammed. NOS is a mosh pit, 60 to 120 minute lines for the e tickets, tough to move around Tomorrowland. I heard from a buddy DCA was super busy too.

Hope you enjoyed your VIP Tour on the busiest day of the holiday weekend and all the money you saved by cancelling it on Thanksgiving!

Comment

Working...
                        X