Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Snow White Mega-Refurbishment Schedule for Jan. 6

The Disney Parks Blog has officially announced some of the major changes coming to Snow White's Scary Adventures. Among the things confirmed are new show scenes including Snow White waking from her slumber and finally a proper ending for the ride with Snow White rejoining her friends. The exterior facade is also schedule for a refresh.

Among the new effects promised are new music, LED black lighting, laser projections and a new animation system in addition to the new scenes.

I was skeptical we were getting a full-scale major refurbishment when first announced, but this definitely checks all the boxes for me. It seems like a win for everyone all around!

Enchanting New Magic Coming to Snow White’s Scary Adventures at Disneyland Park

Interesting. There's nothing on the Disneyland website about Snow White being closed on the 7th. This is what the website says for the 7th. Closed for Refurbishment

• Mark Twain Riverboat

Closed for Refurbishment
    • "it's a small world" Holiday

Closed for Refurbishment

Comment

Finally, this has been something badly needed for decades. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they complete this.

Comment

Originally posted by Version 6 View Post
        Interesting. There's nothing on the Disneyland website about Snow White being closed on the 7th. This is what the website says for the 7th. Closed for Refurbishment

• Mark Twain Riverboat

Closed for Refurbishment
        • "it's a small world" Holiday

Closed for Refurbishment
        I noticed that too. Somewhere that must have gotten lost in the corporate chain and wasn't passed down in time for whoever updates the calendar.

Comment

Any word on how long the ride will be down? Over under 6 months?

Comment

So they're ruining it :/

Comment

Well, I suppose they are going to have to remove some scenes to add these. No space I assume to expand the ride. Probably part of the forest and/or dungeon?

The forest would be cool with new projection mapped spooky eyes converting to friendly forest creatures, and the first few "atmospheric" dungeon scenes w/skeletons are favorites of mine, so I hope they mostly stay. Maybe drop a redundant queen/old hag "apple" scene? Add in some of her animal friends to the rescue.

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

I sorta remember Tony Baxter saying they ran out of space and money to complete the story. So... hooray! The Fantasyland Plussing continues.

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
                  I sorta remember Tony Baxter saying they ran out of space and money to complete the story. So... hooray! The Fantasyland Plussing continues.
                  I Agree
                  But also glad Disneyland ,is not getting a
                  Seven Dwarfs Mine Train...( like Magic Kingdom).....
                  I ratter have a
                  Plus Dark Ride .
                  imo
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Before:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	COTTAGE.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.1 KB ID:	8608109
                    After:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	nEW1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	8608110

Before:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	daveland.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.9 KB ID:	8608111
                    After:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	NEW2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.9 KB ID:	8608112
                    My greatest fear with this renovation is that this they’ll turn it into “The Little Mermaid” of Disneyland with the majority of the ride being Snow White singing with the Evil Queen making a small cameo giving her an apple.
                    I want a refund

Comment

I do hope they don't sacrifice the rides driving force, the spooks with the apple are what keep the ride fun and if they soften it too much the ride could become pretty bland.

At the same time I'm open to seeing what kind of new effects they can pull off in the small space. I just hope they can have the ride finished by July :\ I really want everything to be open when I finally visit in the summer.
                      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

It sounds like they will have 'animated' segments, similar to Alice in Wonderland's update.

I'm interested on how the exterior is going to be changed.
                        Last edited by Spongeocto4; 11-27-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I’m optimistic that this will be as good or better than the Alice improvements were.

We’ve all thought the ending was incomplete. Yes, my nostalgic side will miss the experience that has been there for the last 36 years, but an opening day attraction based on Disney’s first feature should be the jewel of FL and I’m hopeful that this plussing accomplishes that.
                          Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                          Walt Disney World
                          Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                          1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
                          2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

I think we'll have to expect the forest scene is shortened to tighten up the story. Grizzlyhead showed exaclty what scenes will be replaced based on the concept art. That therefore necessitates moving the final apple scene and the scene where the Evil Queen is killed.

I do worry about losing some of the atmosphere of the ride, as it is great exposition that keeps Snow White's adventures scary. Still, I'm excited to see what's in store and I hope Imagineering knocks it out of the park.

Comment

I've always been surprised at how dark and scary these "children's rides" are.
                              Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
                              Mark Twain

Comment

It could anything from great to an embarrassment. The only thing for certain is that DLR concept artwork has no credibility under the Chapek regime -- Iger supports Chapek's budget cuts regardless of what the artwork promised the fans.
                                "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                                  It could anything from great to an embarrassment. The only thing for certain is that DLR concept artwork has no credibility under the Chapek regime -- Iger supports Chapek's budget cuts regardless of what the artwork promised the fans.
                                  I agree...it really has gotten ,that a Disney Concept Artwork
                                  is more "PR" spin , than anything else !
                                  Last edited by Eagleman; 11-26-2019, 10:01 PM.
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I hope that Snow White's Scary Adventures remains scary. It is what I have always loved about that ride.

Comment

So my friend has said that this ride is too scary for her 4 year old and I think the big reason why is that there is no real payoff for a kid that age to understand. I hope they KEEP a majority of the "Scary" part of the adventure, or at least increase the scare for short periods but give the happy ending payoff this ride needs.

Comment

As an old-timer with fond memories of a scary Snow White attraction with a legendary apple that everyone tried to steal, I am holding my breath and crossing my fingers that they keep the magic there. As kids, it was our favorite attraction -- and all about the Evil Queen. Snow White was just an afterthought.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X