Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Happens

starting this thread for all things related to this new parade! drop your opinions on the float concept art, the new song, premiere date, anything!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...sneyland-park/
    it's a music celebration!

Sounds too much like “[email protected]& happens.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post
      If you can't be constructive or contribute to this conversation why do you even comment?

Comment

Looks like a fun parade that will continue the Disney legacy of impressive parades.

Comment

Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post
          Exactly. Chatting with a couple of advertising friends today, they both laughed at the lameosity of the slogan -- one said, "Good Lord, don't those guys focus-test anything anymore?" The only demographic that won't think of "[email protected]& happens" is kids 7-and-under. Teens especially will snicker. And not just because of the name, but also because of Disney's reputation of over-hyping "Disney magic." Not to mention that the name sets up the parade for mockery -- inside the Company as well as outside -- if it isn't a hit. Sadly this is nothing new; since Jay Rasulo's day, nomenclature that wouldn't fly in a Marketing 101 class has come out of Disney's marketeering groupthink.

SMH.
          Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 11-27-2019, 11:23 PM.
          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Just looks ok. Still don't understand why they got rid of a nighttime parade though. This looks like every other day time parade.
            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
            My company had a special night at the park
            WdW trip report with WWoHP
            NYE 2011 trip report
            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
            Leap year 24 hour report
            New DCA trip report
            NYE 2012
            HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
              Just looks ok. Still don't understand why they got rid of a nighttime parade though. This looks like every other day time parade.
              Because the park doesn't currently have a regular daytime parade, since TDA pulled the plug on Soundsational mid-summer.

Could TDA run a day parade and a night parade? Of Course! Will they actually want to throw in the money and planning for both? Of course.....when Dumbo teaches Spider-Pig how to fly.

Comment

As we are talking about the Magic Kingdom here, one would expect magic to be what’s delivered on a daily basis. A parade theme should expand on that concept, or involve the guests with it. Sharing the magic may be an over used term, but for many of us, that’s one of the main reasons we go to Disneyland. So Disney should give us something that’s worth sharing.

Comment

The parade looks cute enough. Notwithstanding the name, whether this parade is a hit with me will depend on how much wow factor the floats have. Things that move quite a bit or breathe fire (looking at you, Santa's Sleigh at DL/Maleficent at WDW), tend to be accident prone, but I just hope that means Disney is willing to still take risks.

Now the other thing: looking at the concept art, it's clear the Main Street in the background isn't Disneyland's. All the Mickey iconography tells me that it might have been an early concept for Mickey Avenue at Shanghai Disneyland, but the style and scale of the buildings don't look too far off from Hong Kong Disneyland's Main Street.

The bigger question is, should I be worried we're getting a parade originally intended for Chinese audiences? Disney Magic is universal, but the last thing I want is for Walt's park to get a repurposed parade.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                    The parade looks cute enough. Notwithstanding the name, whether this parade is a hit with me will depend on how much wow factor the floats have. Things that move quite a bit or breathe fire (looking at you, Santa's Sleigh at DL/Maleficent at WDW), tend to be accident prone, but I just hope that means Disney is willing to still take risks.

Now the other thing: looking at the concept art, it's clear the Main Street in the background isn't Disneyland's. All the Mickey iconography tells me that it might have been an early concept for Mickey Avenue at Shanghai Disneyland, but the style and scale of the buildings don't look too far off from Hong Kong Disneyland's Main Street.

The bigger question is, should I be worried we're getting a parade originally intended for Chinese audiences? Disney Magic is universal, but the last thing I want is for Walt's park to get a repurposed parade.
                    Good observations! I was wondering that as well and didn't know if I was seeing something that wasn't there.

I do hope this parade wows the crowds, otherwise the parade name will become an obvious euphemism for a failure or mess.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P. Ripley View Post

If you can't be constructive or contribute to this conversation why do you even comment?
                      Are you kidding? That was an AWESOME contribution!

Comment

Originally posted by E.P. Ripley View Post

That is what I honestly thought when I saw the title of the post. I knew a new parade is coming, and will be interested to see it, but I didn’t realize that was the title. I don’t care for the title. I think they should come up with a new title. In the spirit of being constructive I will contribute my ideas for a new title:
                        Mickey’s Magic Mania!
                        Magic Magic Magic!
                        Magically Mickey!

Comment

MAGIC
                          "Happens when it Happens" <>
                          Last edited by Eagleman; 11-28-2019, 10:53 AM.
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Doesn't anyone remember the promotional campaign from several years ago with the tagline "Magic happens"? Those were some of their best commercials. That's what I think of when I see the title of this parade. In fact, that's what I thought this thread was going to be about. Those old commercials!

Comment

It does kind of have a repurposed look to it. Diffenately not up to Paint the Night standards.

Comment

It looks like a standard parade that I would expect from Disney. I'm sure it will still be enjoyed by the current guest population.

I miss when they would do different kinds of parades like World according to Goofy, the State Fair (though I'm sure some wouldn't agree), the America on Parade (bicentennial parade), and Mulan Parade. They were all 1-2 year parades, had variations of creativity and involved some risk-taking. I know in today's Disney culture it's more about investment and bang-for-your buck... but I miss the things that made Disney truly special... like the Main Street windows regularly updated. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                                  It does kind of have a repurposed look to it. Diffenately not up to Paint the Night standards.
                                  You are technically correct, as the Soundsational floats are (likely) being re-used for this parade. However it has nothing due to cutbacks, as the actual floats were designed to be reused in other parades.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

Honestly, we should be so lucky. The parades (and shows) in the Asian parks are awesome. But I think this parade looks cute and seems to focus on some characters that don't get as much love, which is a good thing! I do think the name is lame though, for all the same reasons as previously mentioned.
                                    "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

I'm looking forward to it. I enjoy Disneyland parades. I don't care what they call it.

Comment

I'm excited for a new parade, but I also wish they would bring paint the night back. Paint the Night has been running in hong kong for 5 years since it opened, a shame it's barely even had a full 1 year run in Disneyland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X