Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs for Seniors

I worked at the park in the late 60's in Operations (now called Attractions). I'm now looking at retirement soon, and I'm thinking that I might like to return. What are my chances? Does Disneyland hire seniors?

Chris: Maybe contact Disney and ask them?

Comment

When I was working in the parks not too many years ago (4), in my department I was working with quite a few seniors - and I think that's pretty consistent across the resort. I don't think there'd be any issue with you being hired based on age - I think Disneyland would be a great post-retirement job!

Comment

They hire lots of seniors!
        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Merchandise, Park Greeter, Custodial, Maitenance, Attractions, to name a few

Comment

The wonderful thing about the Disneyland Resort is, they're the only employer in Southern California (maybe even the United States) who are very welcoming to seniors when it comes to hiring. It's good to know they're available for anyone out there looking to spend their golden years at the happiest employer on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
              The wonderful thing about the Disneyland Resort is, they're the only employer in Southern California (maybe even the United States) who are very welcoming to seniors when it comes to hiring. It's good to know they're available for anyone out there looking to spend their golden years at the happiest employer on earth.
              While I don't doubt that Disney hires a large number of seniors, we all know that's true. Let's stop short of saying they are the only employer that does so. Lots and lots of retail companies and services companies hire large numbers of seniors to part time jobs......

Comment

Seniors make great hires for many jobs due to reliability and commitment. Many that I have encountered at the resort are very friendly and helpful.

Glad to see that Disney makes an effort to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
                  Seniors make great hires for many jobs due to reliability and commitment. Many that I have encountered at the resort are very friendly and helpful.

Glad to see that Disney makes an effort to do this.
                  Seniors

It is area.....that Disney is good when
                  comes to hiring
                  , because they know
                  Seniors reliability and commitment .
                  I agree
                  BUT for myself.........
                  I would never work under this

Today Disney management !
                  Last edited by Eagleman; 12-03-2019, 07:07 PM.
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

If they won't hire you because of your age, then you could sue them for age discrimination and not have to worry about working.

(just a little humor)

Comment

I frankly find the Seniors to be some of the best CM's as they always seem to be in the best moods and are often very helpful. I have often told myself if I ever get to retire I would consider working in the parks as a way to keep me moving and be able to be around happy people and help put smiles on faces. I have noticed in recent years though a lot less Seniors working inside the park and more stuck out at the turnstiles. Sadly many younger CM's these days have lost touch with the notion of being on stage. I was just there this past weekend and I noticed a couple of times where young CM's seemed more focused on socializing amongst themselves then helping guests and even acting as if guests were interrupting them by there presence. Some didn't even try to appear to be happy to be there. I know everyone has a bad day but these CM's definitely had the personality of a kid stocking shelves at Target not somebody helping guests enjoy what is often the most exciting day of their year.

Comment

Working...
                      X