Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Third park at Angel Stadium? You can all kiss that idea goodbye.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Third park at Angel Stadium? You can all kiss that idea goodbye.

This article just broke in the OC Register. The Angels have reached an agreement to stay in Anaheim through 2050. You can all say goodbye to any hope of Disney building a third park there.

On the bright side this move may signal a more Disney friendly city council. Not to mention to those Angel fans out there, the team won’t be moving anywhere anytime soon.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/12/0...r-325-million/

I realize it's a large plot of land, but why would Disney want to build a 3rd park over 2 miles away? Anaheim is not Orlando, and I don't think that would have worked anyways.

Comment

It was a bad idea to begin with. The Toy Story lot is where a third park should be - if one is ever built.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
        On the bright side this move may signal a more Disney friendly city council.
        I don't see how it would. Disney was never involved with the Angels negotiations. Nor did Disney publicly express desire to build a 3rd park on Angels Stadium land.

Comment

As to be expected to be honest. Now if they can go back to calling themselves the California Angels or the Angels of Anaheim as they haven't been in Los Angeles since 65'.

Comment

I did not think it would ever work out for Disney anyway.........
            I Glad the
            Angel
            is staying !
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
              As to be expected to be honest. Now if they can go back to calling themselves the California Angels or the Angels of Anaheim as they haven't been in Los Angeles since 65'.
              I thought the LA in LA Angels stood for Lower Anaheim.
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Originally posted by MRaymond View Post

I thought the LA in LA Angels stood for Lower Anaheim.
                As a bilingual speaker I always laughed at the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim because I hear it as "The Angels Angels of Anaheim." or the The Los Angeles Angels as " The The Angels Angels" LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post

As a bilingual speaker I always laughed at the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim because I hear it as "The Angels Angels of Anaheim." or the The Los Angeles Angels as " The The Angels Angels" LOL!
                  Matter what city or state the owners use......
                  Angels will always be the Angels
                  In my book anyway
                  I glad they staying in
                  Anaheim CA.
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Working...
                  X