Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Kind of DAILY entertainment galaxys edge should have had since day 1.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kind of DAILY entertainment galaxys edge should have had since day 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGUsYWmVV2I (Battle starts around 5:30)
    This is the epic entertainment Galaxy's Edge should have every night.....but just like the appearance of the Hondo Onaka face character, it'll be a one time appearance.

Yes yes and yessss......

Comment

Yes

Comment

Yes definitely agree! The lack of this kind of entertainment is really a big mistake not to have it regularly. But same time, they have plenty of time to add it in and hopefully they will. Now that ROTR sounds like a big hit they can start doing other things to turn the perception of the land around for people who think its just shops and eating.

Comment

Whoa how did the entertainment team build such elaborate sets and plan an entire battle in such a short amount of time? WHAT? You mean Imagineering built the land to have these show pieces from the beginning and is just leaving them empty for no good reason? /s

In all seriousness, that was great fun to watch. They should seriously have that running daily, or at least on the weekends.

Comment

Yep! Watch any scene in a Star Wars movie/TV series. Basic characters walking around living their daily lives is what Batuu needs. the area is very dead minus the guests and normal CMs. Once in a while you get Kylo Ren and a couple Stormtroopers or on the other side Chewie and Rey. There should be pilots walking around citizens who own the stores etc. The drones are a cool idea but the use of them for the event seemed a bit lackluster. I do love the idea though!
            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
            My company had a special night at the park
            WdW trip report with WWoHP
            NYE 2011 trip report
            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
            Leap year 24 hour report
            New DCA trip report
            NYE 2012
            HKDL trip report

Comment

It time for
              Stormtroopers
              Jamboree
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Yeah, that's definitely the kind of thing I was expecting the first time I visited Galaxy's Edge. They really need to put that kind of entertainment in.
                "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

Shows the difference kinetic live action makes in atmosphere. A tragedy Chapek cut all that out, but maybe a good reception can bring it back in.

The problem is Chapek suffers no consequences for his arrogance and cheapness. Only guests and CMs suffer the diminished quality we've had to endure for nearly the past year.

I am hopeful this marks a turning in approach.

Comment

I think it's only a matter of time. Hopefully by next holiday season.

Comment

A perfect area to bring back Hyperspace Hooplah
                      There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                      -Dr. Strange

Comment

Why do I suspect this show was originally conceived and rehearsed as a reoccurring show to be done nightly but was cut in the 11th hour and instead brought out for this special event. They have the pyro, the marks and usable stage area all in place and I doubt they would have put this in for just a single show. I sincerely hope they bring this back at both parks and not just rest on the added attention the new ride brings. Disney needs to do this throughout the park. They kind of did a bit of it with Jack Sparrow engaging with the guests throughout NOS and Frontierland Cruella Deville does a decent show when her character cruises around MS USA. I think if they had some sort of character show going on somewhere in the park every half an hour it would be huge as pretty much every guest would find themselves crossing paths with at least one of these shows each visit and the amount of tangibility it would bring to the park allowing guest to feel integrated rather than just a bystander would make a huge impact on elevating Disney. They are the biggest entertainment company yet their parks provide almost no actual entertainment compared to what they have the ability to provide.
                        Last edited by Starcade; 12-09-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                          Cruella Deville does a decent show when her character cruises around MS USA.
                          Are you referring to when she used to come out for part of the Firehouse band show? That got cut really early this year.

Comment

Yeah...the land is making them dough...now spend some on making the land feel real
                            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

They don’t even need their entertainment for the land to always be this elaborate. Have more Batuu citizens walking around and interacting like they did with the “streetmosphere” characters from the Studios theme park from Walt Disney World. That would do wonders to liven up the place.
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

They need that and more but I don't see the Bobs authorizing that expense. But they could at least bring back the freaking jedi academy for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                                  They need that and more but I don't see the Bobs authorizing that expense. But they could at least bring back the freaking jedi academy for the kids.
                                  That surprise me , that they did not move
                                  Jedi Academy ....to give the kids , something to look forward to !
                                  Last edited by Eagleman; 12-08-2019, 07:11 PM.
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

That surprise me , that they did not move
                                    J
                                    edi Academy ....to give the kids , something to look forward to !
                                    The deadbeat Bobs could care less about the kids...

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

The deadbeat Bobs could care less about the kids...
                                      Again I agree......
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The lightsaber effect looks great. How did they do that? Maybe a fast strobe on the lights that creates the shimmer effect or something? It seems like they had the sound linked to the actual light saber movement. Pretty cool!

Of course they should add the entertainment.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X