Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rise of the Resistance - Technical / Operational fun.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise of the Resistance - Technical / Operational fun.

Now that Rise has opened in Florida and videos are pouring out online, I can't help but feel an increased desire to not only ride it, but figure out how it all works. The technical and operational aspect of the ride is so fascinating to think about. For example, we all know how the Mansion doombuggies get back to "load" after "unload", how the ballroom scene works, etc. Mansion blueprints have leaked over the years, backstage pictures of the tower, etc. I can't wait for the same to start happening with Rise.

Where is Rise's tower? Where is the maintenance bay? How to the vehicles get from the outdoors unload area back into the interrogation/load rooms? Obviously these questions will be answered in time, but let me give a shout out to the attraction's cast members to get to see this stuff every day and are intimately familiar with all the workings of this beast. You are in an envious position by many of us techie types. Enjoy this time. I'm sure you'll make memories to look back on for years to come, and stories to tell to the kids and grand kids.

...and if any of you are able to answer some of my questions...that'd be pretty cool, too.

I would LOVE if the Imagineering Disney+ show would cover Rise in great detail. Who knows, maybe they have been filming for next 'season'.

Comment

I'm having problems finding it now, but I remember someone posting a map of the show building and the scenes. Now that we've seen what happens in each scene, I wonder if the map could glean any more info.

Comment

Originally posted by wlc View Post
        I'm having problems finding it now, but I remember someone posting a map of the show building and the scenes. Now that we've seen what happens in each scene, I wonder if the map could glean any more info.
        I remember the same, there was like a blue print for both this ride and the Falcon ride as well posted I think on the thread lfollowing the construction of SW:GE.

Comment

Anyone know if both rides at WDW Hollywood Studios and Disneyland exactly the same?

Comment

This has some info

https://ziggyknowsdisney.com/rise-of...e-ride-layout/
            “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
            so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
            WDW Trips: '81
            EPCOT Trips: '93
            Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Here's some as well:

https://allears.net/2019/12/04/howd-...he-resistance/

Comment

FYI. The Lightsaber effect is not "cutting" through the panel. The whole panel is moving. Now you know.
                Last edited by stovk; 12-08-2019, 10:23 PM.
                “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
                so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                WDW Trips: '81
                EPCOT Trips: '93
                Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Originally posted by gtpinoy View Post
                  Anyone know if both rides at WDW Hollywood Studios and Disneyland exactly the same?
                  DL CMs who have seen the ride should be able to confirm. Are there any differences Natalie Price?

Originally posted by stovk View Post
                  FYI. The Lightsaber effect is not "cutting" through the panel. I believe the whole panel is moving.
                  Indeed, it looks as though the whole thing is rotating. I'm curious how they pull of the first instance of the lightsaber appearing through the panel, though.

Comment

That sounds like it’s an illusion like the ball rolling scene in Indiana Jones, kind of forced perspective motion thing. Obviously there is probably a better technical term for it.

I want to know too, but I want to ride the ride once before I dive into how they do it, although I watched the whole Radiator Springs Racers behind the scenes videos before I rode it and still enjoyed it.

As far as the tower, you can see the 2 elevators in google earth I think, the 2 big squares to the east of the ride. One looks like it has a blue tarp in the google earth view.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

DL CMs who have seen the ride should be able to confirm. Are there any differences Natalie Price?
                      Watching the videos from Orlando, the rides pretty much look identical. The only difference I noticed was the briefing room. In Florida BB8 is on the left and Rey's hologram is on the right. I remember it being the opposite over here at Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post

Watching the videos from Orlando, the rides pretty much look identical. The only difference I noticed was the briefing room. In Florida BB8 is on the left and Rey's hologram is on the right. I remember it being the opposite over here at Disneyland.
                        There are two briefing rooms. One has it that way and the other the opposite.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                        ~

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

Indeed, it looks as though the whole thing is rotating. I'm curious how they pull of the first instance of the lightsaber appearing through the panel, though.
                          So I've been watching different videos a lot, and from what I can tell there's a moment where the panel rotates ever so slightly, leaving a small gap for the blade to lower down through. It happens when the lighting is down, and the effect of the blade suddenly igniting helps mask it because it suddenly draws your attention to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Optimist View Post

So I've been watching different videos a lot, and from what I can tell there's a moment where the panel rotates ever so slightly, leaving a small gap for the blade to lower down through. It happens when the lighting is down, and the effect of the blade suddenly igniting helps mask it because it suddenly draws your attention to it.
                            Great catch! I'll be looking for it the first time I ride

Comment

As a person who designs, installs, troubleshoots, maintains control systems similar to the rides at DL and WDW, it'd be interesting to see just exactly how the ROTR system is designed.

The stuff I do doesn't involve transporting people, it's usually some sort of liquid or solid material, like oil or rocks of various sizes, concrete, asphalt, etc., so my systems would have far less safety stuff (I'm looking out for operator safety and to keep machines from wrecking themselves, not rider safety). It'd sure be interesting to see how they accomplished what they set out to do as well as the regulations that they need to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
                                As a person who designs, installs, troubleshoots, maintains control systems similar to the rides at DL and WDW, it'd be interesting to see just exactly how the ROTR system is designed.

The stuff I do doesn't involve transporting people, it's usually some sort of liquid or solid material, like oil or rocks of various sizes, concrete, asphalt, etc., so my systems would have far less safety stuff (I'm looking out for operator safety and to keep machines from wrecking themselves, not rider safety). It'd sure be interesting to see how they accomplished what they set out to do as well as the regulations that they need to follow.
                                I have known you for years now........
                                and the many works/jobs you done in
                                operations
                                .....also know you Hard worker......
                                and you been around , and know what you talking about .
                                I bet you even give them tips......to HELP them........
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                                  I have known you for years now........
                                  and the many works/jobs you done in
                                  operations
                                  .....also know you Hard worker......
                                  and you been around , and know what you talking about .
                                  I bet you even give them tips......to HELP them........
                                  Thanks!!

Not sure but I think we first met in 2006 or so at one of the RCMC get-togethers.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post

Thanks!!

Not sure but I think we first met in 2006 or so at one of the RCMC get-togethers.
                                    RIGHT............
                                    and was few of them......we got together
                                    mostly it been on the board we have chat !

I have always enjoy our times............
                                    as I state I know you pretty smart and very hard worker............
                                    and may add very caring person .
                                    Glad to know You!
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X