Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nightmare Before Christmas ride?

With the popularity of the overlay and the ton of merchandise they sell, why is this never discussed? A dark ride seams like a no-brainer. Are there legal issues or has the acquistions of star wars and marvel just overshadowed the idea?

I have always said that Halloweentown as a small land would be amazing! 1 dark ride or ever a dark ride and spinner attraction would work great!
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

My guess is that it may just be cheaper for the short term to continue doing the overlay.

Comment

The Nightmare Before Christmas ride?
        I thought ,this about the
        Rise of the Resistance.
        LOL
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I think it'd be cool to ride something like this on a hot summer day!

Especially if the 'cool' part was both figurative and literal..........

Comment

They already have a incredibly successful overlay that they can count on every 7 months to drum up excitement and bring in crowds. It’s cheaper than investing in a new ride and doesn’t get stale.

Comment

For fun, here is some concept art created by Christopher Merritt, a theme park designer who previously worked as an Imagineer at WDI. These images were apparently not created during his time at the company and were instead created for his student portfolio in 1996 but they provide a fun glimpse into what ideas might have been pitched to the company during his time with them. It appears to be a Fantasyland-style "book report" dark ride using a ride system like Peter Pan's. While this would have no doubt been fun (-and I certainly wouldn't complain), I really love what we have/what we got with the Haunted Mansion Holiday much more.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MapsNightmarePopUp_1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	8608894
              Click image for larger version  Name:	nightmare-before-xmas-ride-concept.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	8608893Click image for larger version  Name:	ThemedRideConceptsPopUp_5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.1 KB ID:	8608895Click image for larger version  Name:	ThemedRideConceptsPopUp_6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.6 KB ID:	8608896
              "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

If be in favor of a dedicated Nightmare Before Christmas ride if it would save my beloved Haunted Mansion every year.
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                  If be in favor of a dedicated Nightmare Before Christmas ride if it would save my beloved Haunted Mansion every year.
                  As much as I enjoy the holiday overlay, I tend to agree.......leave HM alone and build a new ride that's dedicated to Nightmare.

Comment

Their are way too many bigger fish to fry then to essentially recreate something that Disney has offered the public for years already in the Mansion overlay

Comment

The popularity of most Overlay's I believe are due to their limited time as much as their execution. When they kept the Hyperspace mountain around for a longer period a year or so ago it eventually became meh with visitors as it wasn't deemed "special" having it for a short 3-4 month burst seems to really spike the interest of local guests which is the what these overlays are meant to draw in. People visiting the park for a once a year or only time visit often prefer the classic versions of everything where those of us who visit on a monthly or even weekly basis tend to like the overlays as a way to mix things up. I would even wonder if they kept the HM Overlay would the attraction end up being less popular over time than the classic versions are now?

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                        People visiting the park for a once a year or only time visit often prefer the classic versions of everything where those of us who visit on a monthly or even weekly basis tend to like the overlays as a way to mix things up.
                        As someone who used to be an AP, and now only visits once every year or so, I agree with this. Every time I go to Disneyland now the HM is either in HMH mode, or closed to add/remove the overlay. I'd love to see the original Mansion again, but the timing just doesn't work out.

Comment

I think this all the time, I love the overlay but always miss my beloved Haunted Mansion when it is set aside for Jack and his friends. My thought and question is always this. Is the overlay so popular because it is only there for such a short time? Would a similar full time dark ride generate the same interest full time?
                          BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

The idea of a Halloween town sounds awesome but the deadbeat Bobs would never spend the money to make it happen.

Comment

I think the exclusiveness and obviously the timing is what makes it popular. I don't know how much of a draw it would be in a month like April. With that in mind and Disneyland's limited space, its a no brainer to continue just as an overlay. They *could* think outside the box and have the focus of the ride be the movie but also have scenes where the characters go through the other holiday doors like Easter and St. Patrick's Day. That could help.

Although DL doesn't have the space, Halloweentown with a NBC dark ride, a spinner, an Enchanted Tales with Belle type attraction, character meeting halls, a restaurant, and some shops seems like a great idea for WDW where they don't get the overlay.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X